[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you cook your fish? I've been catching alot of fresh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: fish-food.jpg (178KB, 1280x1015px) Image search: [Google]
fish-food.jpg
178KB, 1280x1015px
How do you cook your fish?
I've been catching alot of fresh fish lately and i've just been rolling them in flour, salt and pepper, either cut into fillets and wings or just whole. Whole is better imo
I've heard of baking them with lemon and whatnot, but it seems kind of bland
>>
Tinfoil wrap with some lemon babyspinach whitewine is my favourite. Or just make a fishsoup
>>
>>7364979
you are going to need to employ both broiling and steaming to introduce flavor to the meat and skin. use of acids will also help cook without having to throw it into a stew. you can experiment by alternating between both steaming and broiling multiple times and youll notice it develops in some way every time, similarly to frying multiple times
>>
I like to marinate it for a bit and then make a glaze of some sort, usually maple syrup or basalmic vinegar.
>>
escabeche or in a pouch for whole fish
>>
>>7364979
>fish wings
>>
>>7364979
Steam with some soy sauce and ginger.
>>
>>7364979
what kind of fish are you catching? salt water? fresh water?

either way, on salt water fish with a distinctive lateral line "unzip" it and throw it away. i like to shave the scales and leave some skin on and just throw it on the grill for just a little bit on the skin side and even less on the other. seasoning with some pepper and lime.

on fresh water fish, same thing about the lateral line. but for trout and such, just clean it and stuff it with some citrus and herbs. then put it under pressure and heat to retain the moisture. dont be afraid to take it out too early. overcooked fish is the worst.
>>
>>7364979

rub it inside and out with salt, pepper, fennel, estragon and oregano and bake whole in the oven.
>>
How are you supposed to eat a fish served like that? I've always wondered but never dared to order when it's served like that.
>>
>>7365330

Peel away the skin and remove chunks of meat with your fork.
>>
File: river.jpg (130KB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
river.jpg
130KB, 750x422px
>>7364979
There are loads of brown trout in the river that I fish. (pic)
I gut them immediately and scale them. If it's summer, I build a fire and add a bit of lemon juice and various herbs - often dill, with whatever I've got. And bake them in tin foil. But it's too cold just now.

I just go out catch them, kill them quick by holding the tail and banging their head against a rock.
When I get home, then I can be a bit more imaginative with the way I cook them.

In summer, we get salmon. They're really tasty.
>>
http://lengskitchen.blogspot.hk/2012/11/cantonese-style-steamed-fish.html

recommended
>>
File: GBF.png (106KB, 202x246px) Image search: [Google]
GBF.png
106KB, 202x246px
>>7365485
I'm so jealous, where the hell is that?

>tfw local lakes and rivers are too contaminated to eat fish from
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.