[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Good foods that are not as good as people say I just don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: guac.jpg (14KB, 270x187px) Image search: [Google]
guac.jpg
14KB, 270x187px
>Good foods that are not as good as people say
I just don't get it. When it comes with the dish or its an integral part like guacamole-chicken-pizza its nice. But who are these people that are paying an extra 2-5 dollars to have a little tiny scoop of guacamole with their Mexican food? Its just not that good
>>
>>7364781
If someone else is paying I will, if I am then fuck that shit. I love guacamole but not that much. I can get a whole avocado for $1 or even cheeper if they're on sale where I live
>>
>>7364857
The extra cost is that guacamole is a pain in the ass to make at home from scratch. You need specific chiles and the flavors need to meld. It's like tuna salad but with ingredients that are more annoying to procure.
>>
>>7364866
Man I just throw some salsa and hot sauce and avocado together and call it guacomole

Works for me, obviously not as good as it could be though
>>
>>7364872
Yea I do that too, I even eat premade shit but sometimes I want the real deal. That shit needs to be made in a mortar and pestle with sea salt and fresh Jerseys.
>>
>>7364866
What? Even in Japan, where mexican ingredients are ridiculously hard to come by, I was able to find all the ingredients I need to make guacamole
>>
>>7364781
I can grab a couple of avocados for about £1.50 and add 'em to my wraps for work. Fucking love the little green cunts. Guacamole's one of those things that's only really worth it when it's made really, really well. A guy at work brought in some from a corner shop and it tasted like raw sewage.

For some reason the best guacamole I've had thus far was in Vancouver of all places. Weird.
>>
>>7364923
You need to find a random Mexican or hispanic meet there grandma and have her make you some of that delicious stuff. Nobody beats grandma.
>>
any mexicans in this thread ?
>>
>>7364781
>guacamole-chicken-pizza
This sounds amazing
>>
>>7364939
[spoiler]except grandpa[/spoiler]
>>
>>7364781
>who are these people that are paying an extra 2-5 dollars to have a little tiny scoop of guacamole with their Mexican food?

No idea. I make it at home all the time. And it is good fggt.
>>
Am I missing something? The following things go into guac and they are all pretty standard:

avocados
salt
lemon juice
sour cream (optional)
>>
>>7365820
Youre missing the tomatoes
>>
>>7364781
I actually am looking at opening up a Mexican restaurant. But real nigga mexican, not Texmex. Guac has to be the most..."meh" food I've ever had. I probably won't even include avocados on the menu, unless the traditional dish requires it.

Come at me.
>>
>>7365855
Is the Mexican/texmex cuisine retarded? The 3 most prevalent sauces/dips would be guac,salsa and sour cream. Why would I ever want to have tomato in guacamole if I have it in salsa?
>>
>>7365820
>sour cream in guacamole
Nigger are you fucking serious? Also you need jalapeños in that shit. Lemon juice is okay, I prefer lime though.
>>
>>7365820
Avocado
salt
lime juice

at a bare minimum of what should be in there.

Good additions:
red onion
jalapeno
tomato
black pepper
>>
>>7365820
>Am I missing something?

Si, pendejo.
>>
>>7365869
>Traditional salsa without tomato
Weird
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 259x194px
>>7365875
So far yours looks to be the only guac I would eat. I'd also file these tasty little fuckers under "good additions"
>>
>>7365883
Salsa is just the beanspeak word for sauce. You know how when get tacos from a real beaner place and they put that onion/cilantro/lime shit ontop? Yeah, they call that salsa, too.
>>
File: cdnet.myxer.com.jpg (17KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
cdnet.myxer.com.jpg
17KB, 240x240px
>2 dollars to add 2 thin slices of avocado to my burger
>>
>>7365640
Blam
>>
>>7365898
>I keep pictures of black men on my hard drive
>>
>>7364965
Honarary mexican here been living in houston for 25 years

Guacamole is just mashed avocado + pico de gallo
>>
>>7364866
What? Guacamole is retarded easy to make. Hell, the only thing I don't have on hand at all times is avocados cause they go bad quickly.

I just mash up some red onion, serrano, garlic, cilantro, and lime in my mortar and pestle, them smash in several avocados and add some salt. Fucking done, delicious guacamole.

Plus, everything that goes in it is cheap.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.