[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking of going to Utah this year because it looks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: utah-arches-national-park.jpg (91KB, 630x418px) Image search: [Google]
utah-arches-national-park.jpg
91KB, 630x418px
I'm thinking of going to Utah this year because it looks tits amazing. Is there anything good to eat there though? What do people in Utah like to eat?
>>
Make sure to pick up some magical underpants while you're there.
>>
No.

You go to Utah for the nature; there's no civilization there.
>>
File: 1450770147613.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1450770147613.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>tits amazing
Alright reddit, I can help you out. There are lots of pretty interesting places to eat. If you're there in the spring/summer (assuming you're going to go there for the outdoors) you can stop by Hell's Backbone Grill. They've got their own farm. In Salt Lake itself, there're a ton of places. Most of the mid/high-end stuff is going to be modern American. There are tons of <$10 places in the city from every ethnicity. Lots of pretty good Mexican. Check out the Red Iguana and their moles.
>>
>>7364177
>Utah
Do mormons have a specific cuisine?
>>
>>7364211
Thanks 4chan

(^・ω・^=)~
>>
>>7364216
Jello and fry sauce are very popular. They also have some semi-unique variations on common food (like funeral potatoes). By and large they eat typical American food.

>>7364217
You're welcome, friend. I wouldn't expect the best thing ever from Utah--whatever Utah has, NYC or another major urban center will have that thing, and it will be better. But it'll also be more expensive. Utah's got some pretty decent reasonably priced food.
>>
>>7364230
I'm not going for the food at all, I'm going for the scenery, hikes, and long drives. I was just curious if they had anything notable to eat. Every state has something good to eat I'm sure, it's just you don't hear about food from places like Utah or Montana because it's probably the same ole American food, it isn't like New York and pizza or Texas and BBQ
>>
>>7364216
Casseroles.
>>
>>7364249
If you're going to that region and care about food, you should detour to NM for green chile, red vs. green salsa, sopapillas, and the better versions of dishes that inspired 'Mexican' food in the US.

Also, see Chaco Canyon, the ruins there are impressive in a way that pictures just can't capture.
>>
>>7364268
Casseroles were popular with everyone...

...in the 1980's
>>
>>7364177
rocky Mountain oysters are supposed to be pretty so try them. I heard they are just deep friend beef intestines with some really good spice. so that's a option
>>
>Utah is part of the USA

whoah... pretty trippy if u think about it
>>
Lucky 13 in slc tends to do well at national competitions and is quite good. Its a burger bar and has one of those silly man v food type challenges.
>>
>Americans are literally stupid enough to think their food differs from state to state
You all eat burgers, pizza, chinese food, pasta, stews and barbecue.
>>
>>7364498
faggot
>>
>>7364496
It's balls brah
>>
>>7364575

And you all eat kebabs, hummus ramen, chicken parm, rice and beans, snow, or nothing at all, depending on whichever continent you come from.
>>
>>7364602
Literally never eaten a single one of those in my life. Try again.
>>
>>7364613

That's actually pretty sad.

Which continent do you come from so anons know never to visit?
>>
>>7364630
England. There's nothing sad about it.

>kebabs
I'm not a muslim

>hummus ramen
I don't think this is a real dish.

>chicken parm
American dish, nobody else eats it

>rice and beans
Poor student food. I got money from the government to pay for food as a student because I don't live in America where the government tells you to go fuck yourself

>snow
I've let snow fall on my tongue as a kid, but I don't think that counts.

>nothing at all
I eat plenty of food.
>>
>>7364656
It's almost as if he was making a comically inaccurate statement to highlight your own comically inaccurate statement
>>
>>7364663
What's comically inaccurate about my statement? Americans love to think their states are hugely different from each other, but they're all exactly the same. You'd know that if you'd ever been to another country.
>>
>>7364656

It's sad that you think England is a continent.
>>
>>7364674
It's an empire upon which the sun never sets. How about that, you crusty wanker?
>>
>>7364560
Everybody likes Lucky 13 for some reason, but most times I've gone it's been pretty mediocre. For the true SLC burger experience I would go to either (1) Cottonbottom (2) Busy Bee, in that order. Cottonbottom has a nice outside seating area where you can drink your beer and eat your burger. It's also full of old dudes, whereas Lucky 13 is full of the kind of people who make rat rods and read Wheel of Time.
>>
>>7364666
They're not hugely different, but there are differences. The country's pretty homogenized at this point yet you can still find pretty large differences in food between, say, the northeast and the south.
>>
>>7364656
>kebabs
>I'm not a muslim

You've never been for a good night out lad. I'm English and I love a kebab on the way home.

I agree with you on the rest though.
>>
>>7364726

>i agree with you on the rest though

If you've never had hummus, ramen, chicken parm, rice and beans, or snow, that's pretty fucked up.

I would have thought that North Korea is the only "continent" that isolated.
>>
>>7364496
Intestines? No, testicles bro. Not bad either.
>>
>>7364741
>hummus, ramen
Now they are separated, it makes more sense.

Of course I have had them but it's nothing to write home about.

Chicken parma - that's just some American abomination, so Nah!

Snow - Is this considered cuisine in America? I guess if you added fat and corn syrup to it, then it probably is.
>>
File: AE_top10_utahdishes_051811-3.jpg (112KB, 500x547px) Image search: [Google]
AE_top10_utahdishes_051811-3.jpg
112KB, 500x547px
OKAY NIGGER, WELCOME TO UTAH

SEE THIS SHIT? IT'S FUCKING FRY SAUCE. YOU GET THAT SHIT. YOU EAT THAT SHIT.

WHERE FROM? ARTIC CIRCLE? HIRES? CROWN BURGER? DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER. FRY. FUCKING. SAUCE. EAT SOME, BITCH.
>>
>>7364768
>UTAH
fryover
>>
>>7364763

All of those foods are eaten in America, but apparently the joke went entirely over your head.
>>
>>7364768
this x1000

GET A FUCKING CROWN BURGER W/ FRY SAUCE AND YOU'RE GOLDEN MY NIGGA
>>
>>7364768
shit looks like your mayo touched your ketchup so you just went with it.
>>
File: fry-sauce-3.jpg (338KB, 600x433px) Image search: [Google]
fry-sauce-3.jpg
338KB, 600x433px
>>7364852
Ketchup & mayo is pleb fry sauce. Haute fry sauce adds onion powder and pickle juice too.
>>
jell-o
funeral potatoes
hawaiian food
fry sauce
>>
>>7364691
>everyone likes (x) for some reason, but its shit

It isn't always the case, but usually when everyone likes a restaurant its because its good
>>
>>7364216
They're surprisingly cosmopolitan thanks to their returning international missionaries.
>>
>>7364249
>hikes

you can easily get lost and die from dehydration or cold (at night) so don't be stupid.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.