[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yo /ck/ i'm real bad at serving literally anything at all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 9

File: Gooey-Grilled-Cheese-Sandwiches.jpg (79KB, 700x464px) Image search: [Google]
Gooey-Grilled-Cheese-Sandwiches.jpg
79KB, 700x464px
Yo /ck/ i'm real bad at serving literally anything at all and tl;dr give me some tips in making the perfect grilled cheese
>>
>>7362777
Use Munster cheese, season it, and put in a meat
>>
cheddar, swiss, and muenster cheese, with two slices of ham or turkey. butter the bread with cannibutter, even if it sucks, you can still sell it.
>>
Whatever combination of cheeses you use be sure to add brie, also experiment with different spices and herbs. I'm partial to smoked paprika and black pepper.
>>
File: damshame.gif (962KB, 245x213px) Image search: [Google]
damshame.gif
962KB, 245x213px
>>7362781
Ham/cheddar is here with his buddy sliced pear/smoked gouda. They want to have a word with your inferior combination.

>>7362777
Grilled cheese is some basic shit man I don't think it is possible to botch. What do you do now?
>>
>>7362998
Sliced pear?
What the fuck man
>>
Don't put butter directly on the pan, instead spread the butter on the bread and grill it that way.
>>
>>7363002
Are you retarded?

Slice it thin as fuck and try it with the gouda then come back here and say thanks anon for miracle that just happened. Seriously I think you are a cunt already but you have to try that shit.
>>
File: adfafds.jpg (56KB, 651x434px) Image search: [Google]
adfafds.jpg
56KB, 651x434px
>>7363010
it aint just me man
>>
Perfection is an admirable goal, but impossible so long as humans remain imperfect beings.
>>
>>7363010
What he said also ill just leave this here

http://www.thelockview.com/#!the-grilled-cheese/galleryPage
>>
>>7363010
So, I just vomited.

Thanks for that, anon, you're a real fucking prince.
>>
I feel you have a great grilled cheese is when you have the finished product and slice it the cheese is melted and gooey when you pull it apart. To make a good and simple grilled cheese...

1. Two slices of bread of choice. Most use wonderbread. Spread mayonnaise on one side of each slice.( This will keep the cheese moist and gooey.)

2. Place your cheese on your slice of bread.( Velveta works best) about 2-3 on desired cheesiness. Put the bread together to make the sandwich. Usually I place the sandwich in the microwave for a few seconds to the point the cheese is soft just before its melted.

3. Soften some butter and spread on one side of the sandwich place that side onto a pan. The tempt. Should be set to a medium-low. Spread butter onto the other side of the sandwich that is facing up. Cook each side till golden brown. Time varies. (instead of butter bacon drippings works just as well)

Treat it with love and it will return the favor
>>
File: 2131.jpg (88KB, 654x487px) Image search: [Google]
2131.jpg
88KB, 654x487px
britcuck here

Grilled cheese sandwich served with tomato soup is wonderful. It's the only amerifat food I like along with medium rare burgers
>>
>>7363658
>microwavable frozen grilled cheese
goddamn you guys suck
>>
>>7363658
>frozen grilled cheese

Dude, all you need is ten minutes and a frying pan. Just cook the shit normally.
>>
>>7363749
>>7363886
Yeah I do use a pan. I posted that microwaved image for comic effect
>>
>>7363749
>>7363886
That's an American image, you dense fucks.
>>
>>7363749
>>7363886
>mfw americans got tricked into insulting their own country
Top cuck.
>>
>>7363975
>>7363932
we can blame flyover states bruv
>>
>>7362777
Put a slice of american cheese (don't use anything fancier than velveta) between two slices of bread. put chunks of butter in a pan and place the sandwich on top. Cook untill butter melts and soaks into bread and starts to golden brown. Cover top with more butter and flip the whole thing. when that side is browning, sprinkle the now crispy first side with sharp chedar and flip. When the cheese has turned into a crispy coating, repeat for the other side.
>>
>>7363975
Is that seriously how you interpreted that? Are you legitimately retarded?
>>
Thick cut sourdough. Shred cheddar cheese and put it between two slices. Spread mayonnaise thin on both outsides and throw it on your griddle or fry pan on medium heat. Turn when it's brown. Cut it crossways. Kiss your thumb and forefinger and exclaim "wa-la!".
>>
>Get sour dough bread
>Get maybe a quarter cup of mayonnaise and mix with some Sriracha
>get decent quality American cheese
>Spread the mayo/meme sauce on both slices of bread, throw on pan over medium heat and cook like you would a grilled cheese sandwich

Made this with a [spoiler]girl I fucked[/spoiler]
>>
>>7362781
>any meat in a fucking grilled cheese
Goddamn you fucking faggots need to be cleansed from the earth.
>>
>>7364533
>srira-
KILL YOURSELF
>>
File: chesters-fries-flamin-hot.png (246KB, 334x483px) Image search: [Google]
chesters-fries-flamin-hot.png
246KB, 334x483px
Ok hear me out, when assembling your standard grilled cheese place a uniform layer of these inside. Thank me later.
>>
the main thing u need to learn is about pan temp, not what u put in. And using the right type of bread. preheat your pan to medium (leave it on the heat for 5 min by itself) butter bread and use a little oil in the pan. Get a nice loaf from the baker section, i like sourdough cook open face till the cheese melts
>>
Keep the heat on the low side.
Bread burns quickly, so keep an eye on it.
If you bread is toasted but the cheese isn't melted for whatever reason, then cover the pan for a bit until (maybe 20-30 secs) till it's gooey.
And if it gets cold for whatever reason, then pop it in the microwave for 10-20 seconds and your good to go
>>
>>7362956
What's cannibutter please?
>>
>>7365438
Weed infused butter homie
>>
>>7363749
We don't eat that shit, amerifat, you do.
>>
>>7363975
>>7363932
Ive never seen anything like that before it really does look like euroshit
>>
>>7365441
Honestly?
>>
>>7365477
Just ignore him. Stoners are waste of life, and always on the lookout to ruin the lives of others by spreading their contagion.

The only thing stoners are good for is reminding desperate people that they still have some human value left, unlike the pot-infused manchildren. Literally worse than hitler.
>>
>>7365491
Who the fuck asked you, high horse wanker?

I was asking if cannabis butter is a real thing, not judging or asking for judgement upon him by a basement dweller.
>>
File: 123452525.png (2MB, 1553x1015px) Image search: [Google]
123452525.png
2MB, 1553x1015px
>>7365491
>>
>>7365526
>I was asking if cannabis butter is a real thing,

Of course it's a real thing. Google "cannabutter".
>>
>>7363530
Fuck yo self.
>>
>>7365526
It is very real. And potent at that.

Here's a better explanation on what it is and how to make it:

http://www.thestonerscookbook.com/cannabutter/
>>
Call me a monster, but i feel BBQ sauce works pretty well in a grilled cheese.
>>
Tips-
Plenty of butter in the pan
Once cheese is down put a lid on to make it melt super nicely
Eat with tomato soup
>>
That's a lot of tips that i could work with, thanks guys!
>>
>>7364718
Fuck off. Though I wouldn't call a grilled cheese sandwich with meat in it a grilled cheese anymore, more like an x melt or grilled x and cheese. The subhuman trash that thinks velveeta is cheese are the ones who really need to kill themselves.
>>
>>7365856
>Getting this mad over grilled cheese
Go outside
>>
>>7362777
Cook it on 3 for 28 minutes. Flip around 18.
>>
>>7362777
>grilled cheese
>isn't grilled
>doesn't contain cheese
>>
>>7365921
>H
>R
>E
>>
Jame Oliver recipe coming thru

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/cheese-recipes/no-1-toasted-cheese-sandwich/
>>
>>7362777
That looks fried not grilled.
>>
>>7365921
>>7366000
>what's a flat top grill
Every fucking thread. I'm certain it's exclusively complete morons and trolls posting "hurr durr iz fried"
>>
>>7362998
>>7363010
Disgusting fuckwad detected.
>>
>>7366009
So, it's not fried then?
>>
I like making a grilled cheese sandwich consisting of Brie or Camembert inside a croissant. Sometimes with fruit preserves added on top after it's done. Usually fig.
>>
>>7366657
Can you grill croissants? I mean, doesn't that just squish it all to nothing? It's basically pastry.
>>
>>7366675
It depends upon the size and quality of the croissant I can get my hands on. Just what I've found from experience. But yeah, you're on the right track, it softens up a bunch, doesn't fall apart or anything. Still a perfectly good sandwich.
>>
>>7362777
Gouda, thin sliced pear, thin sliced ham (like black forest, not that lunchmeat shit)

Or some like harvati and diced pickle
>>
Sourdough, grill with mayo/butter, use cheddar + some other cheese you happen to like

Unless it doesn't mix, may as well try one of the other suggestions. I was always more into improvising than looking for perfection, though.
>>
>>7367659
There was one odd thing I tried, though. I made one with leftover mac n' cheese once just to see if it was any good. It actually kind of worked, so maybe just grab a recipe and use those instead?
>>
>>7363658
>>7365453
>7.2oz listed first
Almost certainly murican
>>
File: 1253769446458.jpg (23KB, 295x188px) Image search: [Google]
1253769446458.jpg
23KB, 295x188px
>>7362777
You see op, the real secret to making a good grilled cheese is making sure your cheese isn't cold when you start cooking the grilled cheese. Most people slap what ever cheese they have strait from the fridge onto the bread and then into the pan. But if you cheese is cold your bread is going to cook faster then your cheese and you get a burnt sandwich or a not melty grilled cheese.
>>
>>7367818

ACTUALLY I made an emergency grilled pimento cheese sandwich earlier tonight and just cooked it on low heat. The bread got nice and crispy while the cheese got nice and melty. But yeah you're still right. I've fucked up like that plenty of times. When the need for a grilled cheese hits you there isn't much time to think.
>>
>>7365530
>>7365540
I don't understand this. Why not just:

>smoke first
>get munchies
>have extra enjoyment from cheese toastie

?
>>
>>7365744
>>7366009
>plenty of butter
>not fried

This is a contradiction, to be completely truthful with you, brethren.
>>
>>7364533
one QUARTER CUP OF MAYONNAISE FOR A SANDWICH WHAT THE FUCK
>>
How the fuck do you guys NOT burn the damn bread before the cheese is melting.

I've found myself with completely black pieces of toasts with solid cheese in it rather than a grilled cheese as we know it

Gosh i'm the worst in kitchen
>>
get minced green onion flakes and sprinkle the outside of the bread with it
>>
>>7367818
>>7368740
its easy to just cook at a lower temperature especially when using thick bread
it will take longer you just have to be patient

using bread 1 inch thick can make a great grilled cheese but its going to take almost 15 minutes at a low heat turning the sandwich every few minutes for even heat.
it will come out golden brown and crispy

and for an extra flair just before your sandwich is done put cheese in the pan and put your bread on top of it.
the cheese will stick to the outside and get brown and crispy. works with parmesan, cheddar and most cheeses
>>
File: royal oak brewery michigan.jpg (53KB, 598x400px) Image search: [Google]
royal oak brewery michigan.jpg
53KB, 598x400px
>>7362777
>perfect grilled cheese

I like the Country Grilled Cheese at the Royal Oak Brewery here in Michigan, though I’d slice the apples thiner;
Fontina and white cheddar cheese, smoked bacon and Granny Smith apples grilled on French bread. Served with a cup of tomato bisque. $10.50
>>
>>7362777
I spread a little bit of honey on the grilled cheese I made yesterday and it was really quite good, I'd suggest that
>>
>>7368740

Put a cover over it near the end. I have the same problem with melting thick slices of cheddar over a pan fried burger. The meat doesn't retain enough heat on top to melt the cheese. I put a pot lid or foil over it for the last minute or so.
>>
What seasonings work well with grilled cheese? Right now I just do bread, cheese, butter, and a very small amount of coarse kosher salt and I want to expand.

>>7368740
Microwave the sandwich a little before you put it in the pan.
>>
>>7369662
rosemary
>>
>>7369768
thanks doc
>>
I use a stick of butter for a single sandwich. I let it slowly soak up the butter until the bread is crispy and glistening and golden. Fucking delicious and fattening
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.