[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think is the most underrated cut of beef? For me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: raw-grassfed-beef-ribs.jpg (345KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
raw-grassfed-beef-ribs.jpg
345KB, 1024x1024px
What do you think is the most underrated cut of beef? For me it is the beef ribs. The best cut of beef.
>>
>>7361237
how is it underated when shit is as expensive as it is? beef short ribs/beef rack ribs/kalbi cut etc is right up there with rib eye and strip steak in cost per pound
>>
>>7361237
None of it is under rated, you self rimming ass lover.
>>
File: bohemian-composite.jpg (302KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
bohemian-composite.jpg
302KB, 1500x1125px
Bohemian steaks. It's a cut, you've probably never heard of it.
>>
>>7361265
I heard of it before people started saying, "you've never heard of it".
>>
>>7361265
>well done

LOL no
>>
>>7361237

Shoulder tender.
>>
>>7361265

this. i know it as flap steak, but it's delish and superior to flank or skirt
>>
>>7361237
Tri-tip. I know it's a california thing, but done with a brown sugar/ancho/paprika rub then roasted makes a truly wonderful piece of meat.
>>
>>7361283
Stop complaining and get back in the game.
>>
>>7361278
Im kind of amazed how juicy it looks when its been cooked so much
>>
>>7361237
Delmonico
>>
"Butchers Butter"
>>
>>7361671
I bet you have some butcher's butter on your chin.
>>
>>7361237
Ox tails
>>
>>7361237
I smoke them. You can braise them fairly effectively too.
>>7361265
Ranchera or flap here depending on the ethnicity of the market.
>>
>>7361237
Tongue, probably because people don't like the initial "sound" of eating tongue, and there is some cleaning process involved.

I think its true of most fresh food, the more preparation involved the less people will be willing to try cook or eat it. My brother hates crabs for this reason, not because he dislikes the flavour
>>
>>7361237
can we take a minute to appreciate this thinly veiled McDonald's shitpost
>>
File: marrow.jpg (556KB, 940x959px) Image search: [Google]
marrow.jpg
556KB, 940x959px
>>
>>7361324
kek
>>
>>7361237
Lots of people don't even know what a hanger steak is, never mind that it's the best cut of meat.
>>
>>7361237
tenderloin
tri tip
flap
rib roast
brisket
flank
skirt

in that order
>>
>>7362762
Fucking this. Had it in France, they call it onglet. Got a slight kidneyish flavour to it. Can't find it anywhere in limeyland, I am very butthurt.
>>
>>7361265
jokes on you my butcher has been shilling this meme cut for months now
>>
>>7362776
I'm almost certain I've had onglet at some steak place in LONDON, but I can't remember where it was. Definitely stood out as something different that I looked up afterwards.
>>
File: 20retailmarket.jpg (91KB, 732x549px) Image search: [Google]
20retailmarket.jpg
91KB, 732x549px
>>
>>7362762
>>7362776
>>7362801
Only one per steer.

OP, I like beef ribs, but are you talking about short ribs? I cut the rack of ribs of the prime rib, and cut rib eyes. I cook them and the rack of ribs on the grill, but leave the rack on for a couple few hours. At the end of the night, they are a great little snack, and maybe better than the rib eyes...
>>
>>7363309
no shit. best part of bone in prime rib is scoring one of the fingers
>>
Oxtails. Too bad the price is going up. Fucking hipsters have to ruin everything.
>>
>>7361237
Beef ribs are awfully expensive compared to pork ribs. That's probably why I never go for them.
>>
>>7363303
holy fuck why would they sell that? isn't it illegal with all the risk around mad cow disease?
>>
>>7364609
1996 called, they want their meme disease back
>>
>>7364549
Oxtails are so good if you can do them right.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.