[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just found out my mom puts frozen roasts in the slow cooker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 0

I just found out my mom puts frozen roasts in the slow cooker and I told her I was pretty sure that was unsafe to do. She is a pretty bad cook and sometimes I try to help her or explain things, maybe I come across as being condescending I don't know. But when I told her cooking frozen meat in a slow cooker might make somebody sick she basically said she's had enough of my shit and she wasn't going to change the way she cooks no matter who tells her its unsafe.

I'm not bringing it up again with her, but really, who was right? I've always defrosted my meat in the fridge or microwave before putting it in the slow cooker because I assumed cooking it frozen was bad. She says she's always cooked frozen and doesn't give a fuck how I like to cook.
>>
Alpha mom
>>
>>7361099
>defrosting in the microwave
you are the wrong son
but seriously there's nothin wrong with cooking from frozen, the only issue is that in it's frozen state the meat doesn't absorb seasoning well
>>
>>7361099

Salsa chicken she's not wrong a slowcooker is more than hot enough to kill bugs salsa chicken and beef and pork roasts are very safe microbially anyway salsa chicken
>>
>>7361106
I figured since its frozen rock solid and a slow cooker cooks at such a low temperature that it would take too long for the meat to reach a safe temp. Also the issue of the outside cooking while the center is still frozen might be a mess. I don't really know, I just always thought you had to defrost your meat.
>>
>>7361099
You're an idiot and the """"advice"""" you give your mom is probably barely tolerated garbage. Really the only thing your mom has done wrong has been to not shut you down sooner.
>>
>>7361122
It doesn't matter that the inside is cold because it'll all get up to a safe temperature in the end. It'll just take a much much longer time to finish because it takes a shitload of heat to defrost it.
>>
>>7361122
nah, it'll get hot enough fast enough, once it hits forty degrees you've got four hours to get it above one forty and it's fine, as for it not cooking evenly, it doesn't matter. people who use crockpots generally cook shit into oblivion anyway
>>
OP, as long as the meat is getting up to bacteria - killing temp, it's fine.
That said, that's a piss poor way to cook meat.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.