[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a good first beer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (291KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
291KB, 1000x1500px
Is this a good first beer?
>>
Had it for the first time at a Pho place. It was alright, you won't hate it but it won't be even as good as the average beer you'll try.
>>
I would say no. It's unremarkable so you might as well have never had it.
>>
had one at a sushi place and it tasted like heineken if my memory serves me correctly. it was too expensive.

honest advice anon, dont overthink beer, once you're a little older youll realize that no one gives a shit about your taste in beer and you should just drink whatever you like. personally i like IPAs and shit but i can get down with a pbr or coors whenever.

you should also try pic related before the meme is dead. pretty good.
>>
>>7360934
Find your favorite gateway beer. These tend to be strong in falvor, but either sweet or very balanced. Blue Moon was mine, but most people move on to craft beer from pisswater after trying Sam Adams.

I still like Blue Moon unironically.
>>
First beer for when? When you're a teenager and/or in college? Sure why not

But I think most people develop a palate for definitively liking or disliking beer at a certain age. I don't buy into acquired tastes. That's just desensitizing your taste buds really
>>
>>7360946
This is fucking shit. This and the whole hard rootbeer meme need to die immediately.
>>
>>7360942
>unremarkable

He's remarking on it right now.
>>
File: cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpg (107KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpg
107KB, 960x1280px
Since this is a beer thread, there are a lot of mainstream beers I had i am not a fan of but what I ended up liking the most is Sapporo, is there anything else like it?
>>
File: label_firebrick.jpg (30KB, 250x243px) Image search: [Google]
label_firebrick.jpg
30KB, 250x243px
This beer, or most other styles of beer these guys make.
>>
>>7360981
Rice lagers I'd imagine would have the greatest similarity

Japan has a few of those. Sapporo is definitely the most widespread of that though
>>
>>7360969
to each their own you bastard. i think its pretty good, but i really enjoy root beer in general. the some company makes ginger ale which is awful though.
>>
>>7360981
This or stella for mainstream beers.
>>
>>7360934

It's surprisingly good, one of the best asian beers imo

Supposedly the brewery was founded by Germans
>>
>>7360981

sapporo is my favourite asian beer
>>
File: Oriental Brewery.jpg (43KB, 500x331px) Image search: [Google]
Oriental Brewery.jpg
43KB, 500x331px
>>7361103
I tell you - anything beats that shit Korean beer named OB. When I was stationed over there, we often had to choke that garbage beer down because it was all they had at the whore bars.
>>
>>7361092
> supposedly

It literally was founded by the Germans
>>
File: Molson2.png (173KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
Molson2.png
173KB, 360x360px
>>
>>7360934
Tsingtao is the Operation Paperclip of beers

Chinks couldn't make a decent brew so they brought in krauts to do it for them.
>>
>>7360934
>tfw the first time I drank beer to get drunk I was 16 in Beijing
>For years I thought Yuengling was a Chinese beer
>>
>>7360934
Eh. I wasn't sure if drinking beer was my thing or not, so my first beer was a local IPA, and it totally sold me.

IMO, a great first choice would be Corona. Average, but refreshing, accessable, relitively affordable, and availible everywhere.

>>7360981
I hated Sapporo. Dunno why. For the price I could have bought a Guiness. Only well known Lager I really like is Sam Adams.
>>
>>7360934
>Is this a good first beer?

It's not bad. Used to love Tsingtao. Kind of a rough taste. Supposed to be a rough town.
>>
>>7360934
I'm sorry but that beer is shit imho OP. Just get some American lager for half the price and double the enjoyment.
>>
File: hitachino-white-640x460.jpg (59KB, 640x460px) Image search: [Google]
hitachino-white-640x460.jpg
59KB, 640x460px
>>7360981
Sapporo is ok. Yebisu is the best out of Japanese lagers.

If you're looking for adventure in beer without any of the risk, try to find Hitachino Nest white ale. It's one of the best, if not the best, beer in Japan.
>>
>>7360991
This. Schells rules
>>
>>7362036
Hopefully that doesn't taste anything like the red ale, which just tasted like beer with sake in it to me.
>>
>>7361026
he's fucking wrong. My wife loves this shit and so do I.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.