[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have strep and a nasty sinus infection. what are some good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

I have strep and a nasty sinus infection.

what are some good food ideas and drinks to make and/or buy while im getting better.
>>
while it's not really food but a home-remedy so chop one or two cloves of garlic, add to a spoon, drench it in honey and then eat it

do this twice aday.

both garlic and honey helps fight the strep with the honey canceling out the raw garlic taste(or atleast most of it)
>>
>>7359508
Okay will do, should I mince it to go down easier or at least cut the clove in half? Or will that make it stronger?

Could I add cinnamon to those two aswell.

Im about to run to the store to get my stuff, would pomegranate tea be a good idea? Or is there a better tea for strep.
>>
>>7359467
You can defeat streptococcal pharyngitis with the assistance of Irish whiskey.

Food? Whatever you have - soup, perhaps.
>>
>>7359523
Ill try the whisky, im a vodka guy tho
>>
>>7359515
i would say mince it, and then cover it with a layer of honey

no idea about teas
>>
pineapple juice and hot green tea
>>
wasabi
>>
>>7359573
I hate pineapple, any other juices, ill do the green tea tho
>>
>>7359467
Agree with the whiskey. Eat foods that are unlikely to irritate your throat further. Soup was also a good suggestion as was hot tea (not just green).
>>
>>7359620
I ment any other juices that are good for strep?

>>7359631
What are some good irish whiskeys?
>>
>>7359692
Jameson
>>
I am impressed you can't give up eating for the worst part of strep. Eat whatever the hell you feel like. No food will magically heal you. Eat nutritionally valuable things. For fuck's sake, how old are you?
>>
>>7359733
>>7359733

Lol well I am missing work and want to get better asap and to at least sooth it in the mean time. Im in my mid 20s. I cant really eat whatever I want because it irraites the fuck out of it. Which sucks cause I love to drink but ill try the whisky
>>
Growing up my great grandmother gave us a mixture of honey, lemon juice, and whiskey served hot whenever we were sick.

My Paw told me about taking drops of turpintine or kerosine on a spoonful of sugar for cold medicine. I really don't think it's a good idea though.

However, 2-3 drops of turpintine on a spoonful of sugar supposedly makes a great chigger repellent if you can handle it.
>>
>>7360929
Eating match heads will have you sweating out the sulfur which repels chiggers and ticks. At least, that's what we were told in U.S. Army Jungle School back in the 80s.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.