[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

first meat encounter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (552KB, 1024x672px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
552KB, 1024x672px
Never had any sort of meat or fish before and I now have the opportunity, what do you guys recommend for a first timer?
>>
Get some ram's eggs to ease yourself into it. Most butchers don't stock it because it's pleb tier, so you may have to look at online mail order.
>>
I recommend some hard salami or the meat of a man.
>>
>>7358232
Go to a Texas de Brazil
>>
>>7358232
Buy ground beef and make a burger. Why is this your first time eating meat?
>>
>>7358232

Bacon is good
>>
chicken thighs are great. NOT drumsticks. THIGHS. you can make great dishes with thighs. stews, baked, fried, you name it.

a milder tasting fish like cod steamed with herbs, butter and lemon juice is also fantastic.

beef.. sausages are great. great in pasta dishes, on their own with some eggs.

as for pork, i'd say you can't go wrong with bacon.
>>
>>7358434
What the fuck you got against drumsticks
>>
>>7358460
i just prefer thighs. i think they're better to cook with too if you don't mind bones.
>>
>image.jpg
>>
>>7358251
shut up jesse.
>>
>>7358232
>what do you guys recommend for a first timer?
Easing yourself into it. Lean chicken. Probably breast specifically. If you're a lifelong vegetarian, your digestive system won't be able to handle that shit, and you need to cultivate it slowly. Going straight to bacon or something will just make you hurl or rocketshit.
>>
>>7358232
I was raised as a vegetarian since birth, a lot of people recommend that you try chicken as your first meat but it isn't anything like the substitutes and it might put you off.

Hot dogs tend to be really similar to the substitutes so you might wanna try those first. If you're gonna have a burger first, have a small one and/or fill it up with a bunch of your favourite veggies. The first one I had just had cheese in it and I thought the flavour was a little overwhelming and made me feel a little sick.
>>
>>7360752
Probably this, avoid the super greasy fried shit or something tougher like steak for now
>>
>>7360752
No doubt OP will now eat some plain cooked dry chicken breast and wonder what the fuck the fuss is all about

OP would be better off eating a chicken burger or some nuggets, something that tastes similar to vegetarian substitute food and isn't dry and plain
>>
>>7360767
I for one think OP should try eating a sandwich with a generous amount of smoked turkey breast, or maybe some thinly sliced roast beef
>>
>>7358232
for goodness sake don't eat fish first, you'll think it's some kind of alien
>>
>>7358232
sample some cold cuts. they're easy on the stomach and you can see which specific kinds of meat you actually like
>>
>>7360767
>No doubt OP will now eat some plain cooked dry chicken breast and wonder what the fuck the fuss is all about
I recognize that it's not the most fun thing in the world, but if he doesn't want massive gastric distress this is what he's going to have to do. I've seen lifer vegetarians (raised vegetarian by inconsiderate fuckup parents) wean onto meat before. You just can't go straight to the bacon, grilled lamb and chorizos, it doesn't work that way. Sucks, but there's nothing you can do about it except decide not to raise your own children gimped for ideological reasons.
>>
>>7358232
Professional butcher here for 7 years

Get yourself a 1" USDA Choice Boneless Ribeye.

Put some salt and pepper on that shit

Put a fucking 1 tbsp slab of butter in a cast iron pan and heat that shit on med-high heat

put the steak in for 4-5 minutes per side. DON'T FUCKING TOUCH IT OR MOVE IT AROUND FFS

Remove from pan and eat that beautiful meat
>>
>>7360812
I'd never recommend a medium rare steak to someone who's never eaten meat in their entire life, no matter how good the cut is

Red meat fucks up the bowels of people who are used to it sometimes, he should really start with lean poultry or cold cuts
>>
Just eat a hotdog.
>>
File: Kawaii cooking.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Kawaii cooking.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>7358232
As an amateur I'd recommend chicken tenders in one way or another. The things you can do with them are varied, almost all delicious and nearly impossible to fuck up.

If you're not making it yourself, you can't go wrong with a nice steak. In my experience it's hard to get it just right yourself the first few times, but they're delicious. The concensus more or less is that medium rare (or à point if you're a fancy European) is the best way to eat one.
>>
File: 1434135572333.png (105KB, 1456x909px) Image search: [Google]
1434135572333.png
105KB, 1456x909px
>>7358232
Just Chicken or Steak if you really like the idea of steak, although I admit I have no idea what context you have to meat with never having eaten it.
Get either one from a good restaurant desu so that you can get at least some proper taste of what meat can be before blowing your colon or puking it all back up.
If you're American get a good burger tho desu senpai.
>>
>>7358232
finally got out of your mom's house?
>>
>>7358232
I honestly cannot believe that there are human beings in the 1st of even 2nd world who have gone an entire lifetime without eating meat. You're fucking weird.
>>
>>7361010
doubt it, his mom has never turned down my meat before
>>
>>7358247

>meat of a man

agree. the best tasting flesh is always one's own, so hack of a slab of yourself and savor it dearly.not even kidding... you will be in carnivorous heaven.
>>
>Never had any sort of meat or fish before

Were you raised in religiously strict vegan household? Holy shit.

I would suggest you start with chicken. Pan roasted chicken breasts or maybe chicken nuggets.
>>
>>7358434
breasts > thighs
>>
>>7358232
Chicken. It's the wonder meat. Try baking some leg quarters or, preferably, for significantly less fat, some chicken breasts. There WILL be oil and fat, regardless of which one you choose, but the breasts are more tame in that regard.
>>
>>7358242
Wtf is this shit
>>
go to a good steakhouse and order the best steak they have
>>
I remember just getting out of basic training and having a coke and skittles. I shit nonstop later on. I expect worse symptoms from trying meat the for the first time. Just try a little over a period of a week or two so you don't get immediately off put.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.