[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I use a simple bain marie to steam broccoli? I dont have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Bain-marie.jpg (617KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Bain-marie.jpg
617KB, 2048x1536px
Can I use a simple bain marie to steam broccoli? I dont have a microwave or a steamer basket. Alternatively, could I just put them in a colander over the pot?
>>
Just boil it you cuck.
>>
>>7357293
>cuck
so now it's ascended to the level of "autist" where it's just used as a generic insult
stop that
stop it now
>>
>>7357291
sounds slow af but yeah it should work.
>>
>>7357291
you could probably pick up a cheap steamer pan insert at dollar tree or somethin
>>
>>7357293
how the fuck you think ive been cookin it.

turns out that removes some of the good shit tho.

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/newsandevents/pressreleases/research_says_boiling/
>>
>>7357303
ill pick something cheap up eventually, this is just to stop gap.
>>
>>7357305
so chop that shit up and sautee it, or better yet leave it raw and make broccoli salad
>>
>>7357313
thanks, might just do that.
>>
Put it in a pot with just enough water to cover the bottom (you can use less but if it's your first time, I would recommend this amount). Put the lid on, the heat on high, and the water will steam the broccoli.

Broccoli works well for this because the shape means that very little surface area of the broccoli will actually touch the water. When you get used to this cooking method, you can figure out how much water to use so that it all evaporates by the end of the cooking process too.
>>
Put in bowl, clingfilm, few minutes in the microwave... do youself a favor and try it :)
>>
>>7357291
roast your broccolis
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.