[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm addicted to food

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 1422731766235.jpg (112KB, 500x488px) Image search: [Google]
1422731766235.jpg
112KB, 500x488px
So I've come to the conclusion that I'm addicted to food. I think about it all the time, I constantly want to eat even if I'm not really hungry, I sometimes go into the kitchen just to look at what's in the fridge or in the cupboards for no reason at all and it's fucking embarrassing. I never looked like pic related but I've been overweight my entire life. This year I'm turning 30 and it's perfect motivation to change my life.

In the last few years I've been trying to work towards becoming healthier. I lost 40lbs. I exercise and I'm on a calorie restricting diet that I follow for the most part. I want to drop about 15-20lbs more to reach a healthy weight for my height but I feel like it will be very difficult as I've been stuck at my current weight for a while now. I'm still addicted to food, I feel like if I change this then the last 15 lbs will be easy to drop. I don't want to be fat any more, I hate the way I look, I've always hated this. Somehow for whatever reason I've been healthy otherwise, no diabetes, no very high cholesterol, heart in good condition, just a fatass.

I'm not a picky eater, I like eating fruits and vegetables, this isn't some "cheesy potatoes erry day" person. I just eat too much. I feel like what's served in most restaurants is good enough for 2 dinners for me but I eat it in one setting and then a few hours later I'm hungry. I eat too fast and beyond my limit.

Even anonymously this is all embarrassing. I'm not some neckbeard, my life is generally normal, I feel like I missed out on some things cause of the weight issue but I'm not some shutin mouthbreather.

What should I do about this? See a psychologist? A hypnotist? Move to a secluded island in the south Pacific and hunt for my food?
>>
tl;dr
Exercise is more important than diet if you wanna think about food less
>>
>>7355798
I did actually a year or two ago. I have 3 people in my family with fucked up thyroids. My aunt once gained weight after only drinking water for a few days as fucked up as that sounds.

Yeah guess what, my thyroid is perfectly fine. Like I said, other than fatass I'm perfectly healthy.

>>7355796
I find this to not be the case. I get hungry after exercising.
>>
Same boat as you anon except I've lost nearly 75 lbs. Just find a hobby to take your mind off it. Those cravings will never go away, they just won't. Practice some self control
>>
>>7355812
Constipation and water weight
>>
>>7355788
Man up and take control of your life.
Dont blame a made up addiction, its not the addictions fault, its your fault, your actions and choices have got you this far, now make the right choices and get to where you want to be, and you already know how to do it so stop being a fucking pussy by looking for an easy way out.
Suck it up, eat less, move more.
Stop being a dildo.
>>
>>7355788
If you have been struggeling with your relationship with food, then seeing a professional might not be a bad idea.

It's normal to think about food more when you're on a diet. You want what you cant have.

Drink plenty of water. Eat a diet high in fiber and protein. Aim to get at least 0.45g fat per lb of bodyweight, and around 0.8g of protein if yu work out.

Keeping busy is the best to avoid unnecessary eating. Go for a walk. Call your grandma. Anything. If you're bored at home the urges to eat will be strong, even if you're not hungry.

I believe in you, anon.
>>
>>7355788
You have a "fat" brain. What it means is that your brain has been accustomed to eating high fat, high sugar foods for a long time. You ever wonder why people who drop a ton of weight quickly gain it all back? Because their brains are still stuck in "fat mode". I don't know how long this lasts; maybe for the rest of your life? I'm sorry to say it will be an endless struggle, but try and commit to better eating habits, eating slower, smaller portions etc.
>>
>>7355788
This isn't going to cure you by itself, but try finding some oxitriptan, alternatively labeled as 5-HTP. You'll probably need to buy it somewhere on the internet. Taking it just before you go to bed assists your sleep a little, and over time leads to a mildly improved sense of well-being as it assists your production of serotonin and melotonin. Feeling better about yourself gives you a stronger will to abstain from things that are hurting you. Just don't have it when you've drunk alcohol, as you can end up overdosing on serotonin.

It might be a placebo, but it's cheap and available and has helped me ease out of other addictions (internet, alcohol, and excessive masturbation) in the past.
>>
adrenaline lessens your appetite
>>
>>7355788
Hey dude, I had the same issue.

I dealt with it by, whenever I felt the urge to look at the cupboard or eat when I wasn't hungry, doing something simple to distract myself.

Sometimes that was just changing my current activity, or stopping for ten minutes to do push-ups or sit ups.

You just need to reassociate you're pleasures with things of a non-gustatory nature.

Taking up a hobby that requires clean ass hands and dropping 90% of the sugar from my diet also helped me control it.
>>
Best way to get over any addiction is to get addicted to something else.

Try drinking tea. Not onto you get a tiny caffeine hit that you'll quickly get addicted to but there is the whole ritual of tea making that will take your mind off things.
>>
>>7355942
>Just don't have it when you've drunk alcohol, as you can end up overdosing on serotonin.

That actually isn't true at all
>>
>>7356033
duckduckgo serotonin syndrome and stop giving people false ideas.
>>
>>7355788
How is that even possible?
>>
abstain from fat as much as humanly possible.
>>
File: 1422154742435.jpg (397KB, 750x918px) Image search: [Google]
1422154742435.jpg
397KB, 750x918px
>>7355788
Fatty keks thread?
>>
>>7355936
This is the best advice. Especially the part about talking to a professional.

I really think a lot of it boils down to boredom. If you don't have anything that interests you to distract you from your habit, you will continue to indulge in it.
>>
>>7355937

this a thousand times.
>>
>>7355788
>Boohoo, I'm addicted to food and you can't just cold turkey food

Shut the fuck up Boogie, and go make more Francis videos so I can laugh at your fat ass.
>>
>>7355788
How can a man get such a large fupa?
>>
>>7355942
Is oxitriptan addictive?

>>7355916
>>7355936
>>7355948
>>7357667
You guys are right, my life is generally very boring. I feel like food sometimes does fill in the boredom. I got into riding motorbikes last year and once riding season starts I feel like I'll have something to take up my time again.

>>7355937
I read about something like this once. Basically it said that when someone is very overweight their body is used to eating a certain amount of calories to maintain that body weight. After losing some of that weight the body still wants to maintain the original weight so people continue to be hungry until they eat too much. I don't remember if there was a conclusion to the body eventually adapting or if those people (me included) are fucked for life.

>>7355950
Interesting tip. I will definitely try doing exercise to distract myself. I currently do about an hour to 90 minutes 5-days a week of exercising. It's not the issue here but I can see how it could be a good distraction method.

>>7356001
I could start smoking weed. Oh wait munchies.
>>
>>7358041
>Is oxitriptan addictive?
Nope. It was synthesized after the point that they started requiring a prescription for every new potentially addictive drug, and it doesn't require a prescription.
>>
>>7355796
Wrong. Diet is more important to losing weight than exercise. Just eat at a caloric deficit, and find a hobby or something to occupy yourself to keep you away from the kitchen.
>>
File: 1442809047207.jpg (22KB, 426x333px) Image search: [Google]
1442809047207.jpg
22KB, 426x333px
>>7358356
Hey lizard titties, i know you're excited to prove someone wrong but i quite clearly wasn't talking about weight loss.
>>
>>7355788
The shadow and wrinkle of his pants makes it look like he has three legs.
>>
>>7358356
>Diet is more important to losing weight than exercise
Do fat people really believe this? Do they really blame their eating habits for their obesity? Has the fad diet money laundering industry really brainwashed these poor deluded fools into thinking that can't they be normal until they hand over twelve monthly payments for some basic dietary advice?
Haha. Just move your body and everything else will fall into place.
>>
>>7361173
It really depends on the person but for the most part if someone wants to lose a significant amount of weight then diet is much more important. It's a lot easier to not put 500 calories into your body than to burn it off through exercise.

Exercise is important to tone the body so that it doesn't look like a nearly empty sack of potatoes at the end of the weight loss process.
>>
>>7361290
>Exercise is important to tone the body
*Lifting weights (ie. resistance training) is important to tone the body. But that would be pointless if your body is hidden under several layers of fat. So it makes sense to burn off that fat by burning off that fat. Pretty simple, eh?
Best way to burn off fat is with cardio exercise. You don't need a gym. You can simply walk it off. Increase the intensity (running, cycling, etc) for faster results. But you gotta burn it to lose it.
>>
>>7361317
A combination of both is the best option but like I said above, it's much easier to not put calories in your body than it is to expel those calories through exercise.
>>
Just cut yourself whenever you feel hungry and eventually the hunger will stop

worked for me
>>
you are not addicted to food. you are addicted to fat.

See how many slices of plain whole wheat bread you can eat before you've had enough. It will probably be 5 slices at most.

Then try and eat a can of mixed nuts. I bet you can eat the whole can, no problem. That can of mixed nuts has several times as many calories as the bread you ate.

so breaking your addiction to food is as simple as not eating fat.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.