[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking to expand my cookbook and cooking-related-book collection.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: bookcase.jpg (443KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
bookcase.jpg
443KB, 1280x1280px
Looking to expand my cookbook and cooking-related-book collection. What books should be in every keen amateur cook's bookcase, /ck/?
>>
>>7355037
your grandparent's cookbook. Any recipe younger than 2 generations probably is shit desu familio. No one needs double stuffed slutty brownies.
>>
File: iu[1].jpg (11KB, 224x300px) Image search: [Google]
iu[1].jpg
11KB, 224x300px
>>
>>7355038
If only, anon, if only
>>
>>7355040
Pretty much the opposite of what I'm after
>>
>>7355045
then go get ur great granmum's cookbook you lazy faggot
>>
Wiley's Professional Cooking
Silver Spoon
Mrs. Beeton's
>>
>>7355051
Would if I could

>>7355053
Thanks. New or old edition of The Silver Spoon?
>>
The Omnivore's Dilemma (somewhat tangential but fascinating)
On Food and Cooking
Modernist Cuisine: The Art and Science of Cooking if you're rich
Kitchen Confidential
The Whole Beast
>>
>>7355089
I've got the new edition. Pretty sure it's just a small amount of additional content, but somebody may correct me on that.
>>
What kind of fucktard gets book-pattern wallpaper?
Let me guess: they wanted to look smart and well-read without actually owning books or reading them.
>>
>>7355037
Can't help you op. Hope you get a good answer.

All I needed to say was fuck that image. Disgust to the pit of my stomach.
>>
>>7355254
>>7355170
I didn't notice that! Just googled "bookcase" and chose one at random. Now I feel ashamed
>>7355118
Cool, will get the new one then.
>>7355104
Thanks for the recommendations
>>
White Heat by MPW
The Whole Beast as per the other anon
Bread by Hamelman
>>
>>7355037

Your image has triggered me harder than anything else I've seen on /ck/.

Is it just the same handful of books in every cubby hole, or is it a handful of volumes just haphazardly thrown into a bookshelf?
>>
>>7356163
Autism alert

Go count some toothpicks or something
>>
File: i4To6dl.jpg (104KB, 639x813px) Image search: [Google]
i4To6dl.jpg
104KB, 639x813px
>>7355037
>for beginners
How to Cook Everything
>for nerds
The Food Lab
>for advanced cooks inventing dishes
The Flavor Bible

I have all three and I tend to use HTCE the most. It has a shit ton of recipes and useful ideas for substitutions and variations, I usually try and cross reference recipes I find online with it just to see if it is a bit nutty. I feel like it gives me some better insight to do this
>>
File: Jack-Monroe.jpg (45KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
Jack-Monroe.jpg
45KB, 460x276px
A Girl Called Jack

Y'all will probably hate her because she is full on tumblr but she has amazing budget recipes.
>>
>>7356163
You are safe anon, calm down.
It's a wallpaper.
>>
>>7356876
I like AGCJ. Really admire how she went from literally nothing after being laid off to being a published writer, despite the tabloid press tearing her a new one every other day
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.