[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

keto diet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

so guys i'm doing a keto diet. i've done this before when i was 19 or so and lost 50 pounds.

what are your favorite keto foods/dishes? i've mostly been eating eggs with spinach and cheese,walnuts, cheese, meats, cheese, walnuts, cheese, meats... uhh... celery with cream cheese and peanut butter...

i'm thinking of making a keto cheesecake with almonds and fake sugar... last night i went to the gas station at 2am to get four bottles of diet soda and two bags of jerky...
>>
Aspartame always fucked with my keto diet. Sucralose to a much lesser extent but I just stuck with unsweetened iced tea.

I would make at lot of tuna salad eaten in a lettuce wrap. Bacon is surprisingly good with it, not even memeing. Also adding some curry powder to tuna salad is a nice change.
Cauliflower mashed potatoes and pork cabbage rolls.
>>
>>7353450
Isn't keto just atkins with more vegetables?
>>
>>7353466
>>7353466
>>7353466

low carb, keto, atkins, all the same shit. just starve your body of sugars until it enters ketosis, atkins was the original.

>>7353463

i'm interested in how aspartame would do that. i'm not saying that it does, i'm just actually curious if it could. obviously there are no actual sugars present so wouldn't your body just set itself up and get let down pretty quickly, if the mere taste of sweetness kicked it into insulin production? i always thought the body didn't see diet soda as food, because if you drink it with alcohol you get drunk faster since your digestive tract shoots it through like water where it slows down for regular sodas.
>>
my keto cheesecake is cream cheese, sour creme, eggs, fake sugar, vanilla extract. the crust is powdered nuts with butter and cinnamon.
>>
File: Trashcan.jpg (17KB, 298x400px) Image search: [Google]
Trashcan.jpg
17KB, 298x400px
>fad diets
>>
>>7353592

There's nothing fad about carb restriction dieting.

When you eat carbohydrates (carbs), your body releases insulin into your blood stream. The insulin tells your cells what to do. It tells most cells to absorb the sugar out of the blood and tells your fat cells not to release any fat to burn (because there are carbs already in the blood to burn).

A low carb diet, like the Atkins or South Beach Diet or Protein Power all vary in how much to limit carbs, but the rough average is thirty carbs a day. At that level, you don't put very much insulin into your system, so your body burns any fat you eat as fuel, and if you need more, your fat cells freely release fat into your blood stream to be burned as fuel.

Did you really think it was as simple as 'calories in, calories out'? Of course not - that analogy is only applicable to a literal fire!
>>
a staple of my diet is fresh spinach and eggs with cheese. i just put half a stick of butter in the skillet, and as much spinach as i can fit, and set it to low and stir it until the spinach wilts, then crack six eggs in and mess it up on high.
>>
>>7353450
I think I would die if I lost 50 pounds
>>
>>7354177
i've gone back and forth from 175 to 225 three times, and to 175 from 250 when i started boxing. weight and compulsive eating has always been an issue for me. luckily i've always done physical work and walked a lot and boxed and grappled and stuff, so that's kept me from ever becoming death-spiralingly fat. but i'd like to end this once and for all this time.

right now i'm making a casserole with sausage, bacon, onion,butter, spinach, cream cheese, sour creme, eight eggs, a can of cream of celery soup, shredded chedder, spices and some bacon chive potato crumble topping stuff.

i usually wake up at 5 and go straight to work and just drink black coffee until about 7pm, and i eat a big plate of a casserole like this before showering and going to bed.

i've had the keto flu over the last week... headaches, lightheadedness, fogginess, cravings for sugar, fatigue. i think i'm over it and adapted to a diet with under 20 grams of sugars/carbs a day now. i plan to do this until next winter, and do two months of clenbuterol in the fall. when it gets cold enough outside i will do six weeks of DNP and strike the finishing blow against adipose tissue.
>>
>>7353450
keto cheesecake inc

CRUST:
10oz nut flour of your choice
2 tsp sucralose, 1 tsp erythritol or 1 tsp stevia
enough melted butter to get the mixture to come together

press crust into desired baking dish and bake at 350F until sufficiently browned and dried lower oven temp to 250F

Filling:
24oz cream cheese room temperature
10oz sour cream
6oz sucralose and 2oz erythritol or stevia
3 whole eggs
2 egg yolks
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream aka double cream
1tsp vanilla in whatever form you wish

using a stand mixer with beater attachment beat softened cream cheese on low until smooth, add sour cream and sugar substitute and beat on med-low until smooth, in a separate bowl combine eggs, egg yolks, cream and vanilla, set mixer speed to low and slowly add to the mixture waiting until fully incorporated between additions while scraping down periodically.
when complete and nice n smooth add to your baking dish and bake in the oven with or without water bath for 2 hours then turn the oven off and crack door open for 30 seconds close the door and let finish baking for 1 hour.

note: all the sugar free cheesecakes i've made form a skin for some unknown reason.
>>7353466
atkins is closest to no carb as you can get, keto is about 25g of carbs per day typically fibrous green veg.
>>
>>7354233
that sounds right.

i just put almonds and walnuts into my nutribullet and shake and blend them until they're mostly a powder and kibble. then add the butter and cinnamon.

they have sugar free strawberry pancake sauce and sugar free whipped cream to go on top.

atkins recommends sub 20 carbs to get into ketosis, and after a couple months you can gradually increase to as much as 50 carbs a day if you're being responsible with them, ie not just eating gummy bears, but things like carbohydrous veggies and raw, rough grains.
>>
100g avocado, 30 cream cheese (or cream or nut butter or w/e) , stevia, cacao. Mush up in a bowl for a super healthy breakfast dish.

African peanut soups. Just replace sweet potato with mushrooms or broccoli or w/e.

Meat and vegetables.

Salads.
>>
been doing keto for a week or two. every day mostly I eat 10 eggs, a lot of olive oil, peanut butter, frozen spinach/broc and pork/chicken/bacon.

not much variety but i'm broke.

i'm not try to lose weight (i'd like to gain weight ideally)--keto is really improving my skin (less acne). also I don't eat dairy for the same reason. >>>/fa/
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.