[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you freeze chili and it still taste good? I made some chili

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: Snapchat-319448909298300744.jpg (846KB, 1440x2392px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-319448909298300744.jpg
846KB, 1440x2392px
Can you freeze chili and it still taste good?

I made some chili but I live alone so I won't finish this within a few weeks
>>
>>7353198
Yes. It will be fine.
>>
Yeah, I always make huge batches and freeze it. Usually it tastes better or exactly the same after is frozen.
>>
>>7353198
>contains beans
>calls it chili
k
>>
>>7353198
I've had chili frozen for 9 months taste exactly the same. it's perfect for freezing
>>
>>7353232
What do you freeze it in?
>>
Yes but remember that it's usually not the freezing process that destroys taste, it's how you defrost. The best way is to batch it up before freezing then put what you want to eat that night in the fridge in the morning so it slowly defrosts.
>>
Tfw can always tell when qt friend has done this because she gets really gassy and is nowhere near as subtle as she thinks she is

Gross feel desu
>>
Why do you chilli fags always make these fuckhuge batches.
>>
>>7353264
>not the freezing process that destroys taste, it's how you defrost
I've never heard this before, and it sounds like bullshit. Source.
>>
>>7353198
jar it instead
>>
>>7353237
the freezer
>>
>>7353370
No shit. The container
>>
>>7353232
>>7353237
>>7353370
>>7353380
lmao
>>
>>7353380
The container what?
>>
File: freezer-zipper-quart.png (90KB, 400x262px) Image search: [Google]
freezer-zipper-quart.png
90KB, 400x262px
>>7353367
I think if OP is asking this simple of a question, I believe that canning is out of his/her skill set.

OP: Go to store, buy pic related, fill, stick in freezer.
>>
>>7353227
"Chili con carne, commonly known in American English as simply "chili", is a spicy stew containing chili peppers, meat (usually beef), and often tomatoes and beans."
t. Wikipedia
>>
>>7353366
>what is freezer burn
>>
>>7353492
What does "how you defrost" have to do with freezer burn?
>>
>>7353494
Isn't freezer burn when you heat something that is frozen so fast that it burns?
>>
File: robinson.jpg (5KB, 171x251px) Image search: [Google]
robinson.jpg
5KB, 171x251px
>>7353503

that's what I was taught
>>
>>7353364
>chillifags
>why do they want to eat chili for days?
>love chili
>simple (unless you're a retard)
>tasty (at least when I make it)
>nutritious (get them macros bro)
>economical (especially when made in bulk)
>needs lengthy cook time

You're a retard.
Think first, speak second.
>>
>>7353198
its a suggested poor man staple because it freezes so well.
the cheap meat, the beans, everything, keep their flavour thawed.
>>
>>7353380
You can use any kind of container that makes a fairly air tight seal.
I know a few people who use butter dishes and yogurt containers.
An old guy I worked with puts ziplock bags in the butter dish, fills it with chili and puts them in the freezer. The next day he pulls the bags out and leaves them neatly stacked.
This way he doesn't need to have a shit ton of containers.
He calls them 'hockey pucks'.
He also makes a lot of casseroles and Cajun dishes (jambalaya/red beans&rice) and does the same.
Moving again and will have a full kitchen at my disposal again, so I'll be doing this a couple times a week.
>>
File: CZegbo8UkAAyt4q.jpg large.jpg (84KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
CZegbo8UkAAyt4q.jpg large.jpg
84KB, 1024x576px
So how about we make this a chili thread then?

Here is one I did recently. The pork sausage is there because my audience is mostly Japanese. Just substitute bacon.
>>
it tastes BETTER when you freeze it cause the beans and shit soak up the flavor
>>
>>7353626
where's the chili
>>
>>7353535
I was pretending to be retarded, I hope you don't actually believe this
>>
>>7353611
Depends on fat content though. Lean beef keeps best, winter sausage the worst. Beef is 8-10 months, pork 3-6 months.

These counts are for taste, texture, smell, appearance and nutrient degradation. You can eat moose that's been frozen for 2 years, but only at risk and at inferior quality.
>>
>>7353198
>living alone
>>
refrigerate/freeze the ingredients and make small batches of chili.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.