[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isn't lamb more popular in America? It's the best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 22

File: IMG_20160207_30476.jpg (77KB, 570x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160207_30476.jpg
77KB, 570x768px
Why isn't lamb more popular in America? It's the best shit ever.

Surely you have enough government subsidised corn to feed sheep?
>>
Lamb=sheep?

Go to bed tyrone
>>
that looks gross t b h
>>
File: IMG_20160207_19966.jpg (82KB, 576x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160207_19966.jpg
82KB, 576x768px
>>7352739
>>
fuck off aussie
>>
>>7352736
Sheep and goats are eaten by three main groups 1. Mexicans 2. Muslims and 3. Jews on Passover.

Das it. Everything else is for niche restaurants.
>>
>>7352744
like diseased chicken wings with a gross tumor growing out of it
>>
Lamb is probably the most tasty meat there is imo. What puts me off having it regularly though is it's far too fatty, you barely get any meat from it.
>>
>>7352751
Americans eat, let me see... chicken tendies, za, fake cheese, salted pig in salt sauce, chicken nuggies, grease, raw bland meat and sea cockroaches.
>>
>>7352736
They don't eat much curry. That's where lamb is the king of meats.
>>
>>7352758
agree

the flavor really is outstanding
>>
>>7352758
It is fatty, but providing you don't eat the fat it does taste brilliant with a bit of salt, pepper and rosemary.

>>7352771
Agreed
>>
>>7352758
> is it's far too fatty, you barely get any meat from it

its deliberate, because most of the flavor of lamb is infact rendered into your cooking from the fat.

also, lamb/mutton hasn't yet been bred to produce large amounts of leaner meat, as are cattle, poultry and swine.
>>
>>7352736
because you are literally slaughtering a baby animal to get that meat; it's fucked up.
>>
>>7352778
>literally
post disregarded
>>
>musky-ass chewy garbage

Maybe anon hasn't had it prepared properly every, but every single time I've had it it's been god-awful.
>>
Because I cant yell out Opa! without my nipples getting hard and farting when I cum.
>>
>>7352747
That's a little rood desu, I dindu nuffin to you
>>
The American ambassador to the UK complained about getting lamb at every formal dinner.
>>
>>7352819
probably cos of turkish, iranian or otherwise middle eastern immigrant cooks preferentially employed due to multiculturalism
>>
Lamb is by far the best meat but I'm fit and I'd like to stay that way so I avoid it because the fat is way too delicious to not eat. At least with beef I can put the fat in my mouth to taste some flavour and then spit it out without swallowing (the joys of eating alone!) but I can't resist swallowing lamb fat because its too delicious.
If you haven't tried lamb then you really don't know what you're missing out on.
>>
Because we're not overun by Muslims who refuse to serve pork.
>>
>>7352778
Why prolong the slaughter of an animal raised to be eaten? Did you just now learn that we kill animals to get our meat?
>>
>>7352826
Yes and that's why these turkish, iranian, and otherwise middle eastern cooks hand selected the menu for a diplomats dinner in the UK?
>>
>>7352778
Modern chickens would be considered baby chickens a generation ago before hormones and other gmo bullshit started making chickens grow ten times as fast in half the time.
Enjoy your tendies, faget.
>>
>>7352826

probably cos of Wales, Scotland and Northern England being largely made up of moorland and mountainous land. The UK has a long history of eating lamb because cows and pigs don't fare so well running around a bleak rocky moor or half way up a Welsh mountain.
>>
>>7352747
>>7352751
>>7352754
>>7352789
>>7352829
Autistic man-children who aren't blessed to enjoy real meat
>>
>>7352838
Correct answer, and also that America has plenty of land for grazing cows and pigs, so naturally tastes developed differently. Most people don't realize that taste aversion is just a result of environment
>>
>>7352736
Lamb is dick-bustingly expensive here.
Even the immigrant street food substitutes with beef or pork.
>>
>>7352853
Lamb is dick bustingly expensive here in Australia too, even though after poo peeland we have the most in the world.

When I was a kid (in 30s now) it was cheap af and we ate it twice a week, now that's not affordable so unless we buy a shitty cut of lamb it's not that common to eat it.

The reason for the high price here is because all the grade A stuff gets exported, it's bullshit desu senpai
>>
>>7352861
I've never seen lamb here in the US that wasn't imported from Australia or more rarely New Zealand so what you're saying makes sense. Here in California lamb shank is around $6-7/lb and boneless lamb leg is $5/lb and that's as cheap as it comes
>>
File: Screenshot_20160207-202201.png (321KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160207-202201.png
321KB, 1440x2560px
>>7352872
That's cheaper than here m8.

This is in ausbucks and 1lb is almost 0.5kg

We export it for fuck all, I can go on holiday to south East Asia and buy lamb for half the price I pay for it at home.
>>
>>7352782
term was used correctly here; your post is full of stupidity.
>>
I only eat mutton bacon (sometimes called "macon"). I never eat a pig 'cause a pig is a cop or better yet a terminator like Arnold Schwarzenegger, trying to play me out like as if my name was Sega.
>>
i eat lamb more often than beef tbqh. had lamb burgers for dinner tonight.

t. nz
>>
Because it's not really any better than beef, people just get excited over it because beef is seen as an everyday thing whereas lamb is slightly more expensive and therefore exotic and fancy.
>>
>>7352778

Chill out dude, it's lamb, not A lamb.
>>
File: 12321.jpg (795KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
12321.jpg
795KB, 1200x800px
>>
File: beast-roast.jpg (418KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
beast-roast.jpg
418KB, 1024x768px
>>
>>7353103
so why is this supossed to be worse than a roasted pig? i dont see it senpai.
>>
>>7352853
Yeah, you can't find much of it, and when you do, it's a lot more expensive than beef, pork, or chicken.

I wish there was a bit more variety in what meats are available. I'd like to try recipes with lamb or rabbit (and to a lesser extent, goat and duck). But there's only one grocery store in my town where I can get lamb. Nowhere that I know of to get the others.
>>
Didn't realise lamb and mutton was so rare in America. You all are missing out, slow roast or braised lamb shoulder is amazing, mutton is fantastic in curries, and minced lamb makes a great lasagna.
>>
Define "America"

You mean the continent, right?
>>
>>7353369
This meme isn't funny.
>>
I don't think they're uncommon for middle to upper middle class people. My husband and I eat lamb and/or duck at least once a month.
>>
>>7352751
Uh.. Greeks? Greeks eat lamb. Never fucking heard of Mexicans eating lamb.
>>
File: 1390071888674.jpg (87KB, 493x750px) Image search: [Google]
1390071888674.jpg
87KB, 493x750px
>>7352778
More baby-animal meat for the rest of us, then. Enjoy your veggies.
>>
>>7353019
Mah nigga.
>>
>>7352736
There's a historic reason for it: in the West there was a huge antipathy between cattlemen and sheep herders over use of public land. It broke out into armed conflict (look up Sheep Wars). Cattlemen won out, and eating lamb is still seen as practically treasonous in cattle country.
>>
>>7353391
>My husband and I
Nice blog post. Do the kids like it too? Do you have to hide the vegetables? Where did you go for your last vacation? I sure love hearing about fat people's boring lives.
>>
File: flyover.jpg (43KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
flyover.jpg
43KB, 640x426px
>>7353407
Yeah we all know Mexicans only eat ground beef seasoned with Chi-Chi's brand taco seasoning, shredded monterey jack cheese from a bag, sour cream, chopped tomatoes, and LMAO TEQUILA IT TOTALLY MAKES ME CRAZY
>>
>>7353407
Mexicans eat goat and lamb, are you retarded?
Based meximarts are the only place that stock lamb and goat year-round.
>>
Lamb is great, when I buy meat it's usually what I go for but I don't buy meat that often because I'm unemployed.
>>
>>7353519
Huh.
>>
>>7353531
Thanks for letting us know you're a young male with a chip on his shoulder.
>>
>>7353531
#triggered
>>
>>7352819

>The American ambassador to the UK complained about getting lamb at every formal dinner.

Considering the ex-Empire territories the UK has many political dealings with it's a safe choice. Hindus aren't good with beef and Muslims don't like their pork. Chicken isn't quite as posh.
>>
>>7353906
Sheep Wars was a thing in the West during the late 19th and early 20th Centuries. According to wiki 54 men were killed, and as many as 100,000 sheep were slaughtered in these clashes between cattlemen and sheep herders.

If you look at where Americans actually have a prejudice against eating lamb it's in cattle country.
>>
File: cordero-asado-paletilla-horno-01.jpg (461KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cordero-asado-paletilla-horno-01.jpg
461KB, 1600x1200px
>>7353101
>>7353103

It's a little tasteless to show it like that. In my country they remove the head and hands/feet.

The taste of the meat is excellent, I could survive and be happy on a diet of only lamb and octopuss.

>Help I don't know how I ended up in /ck/
>>
>>7352736
>Why isn't lamb more popular in America?

Because lamb is poverty tier protein for people that can't afford to raise cattle and pigs for beef and sweet, delicious pork.
>>
I am in the USA and I eat it now and then, as a delicacy. Either lam chops with a bit of mint jelly or rack of lamb. I also enjoy goat roti from the local Jamaican spot, and various Lamb dishes from Lebanese, Greek and Indian restaurants in the area. It tastes good but I need variety to keep it interesting, one of the benefits of living near an urban center I suppose.

Would love to travel to Poo Peeland and try some of their fresh lamb if I can wrestle some away from the pedophiles there.
>>
Lamb is very popular here in the US, depending on what part of the country you live in. I live on the west coast, and it's served and sold everywhere here. Funnily enough, though, I grew up in Texas, ON a ranch where we raised sheep, cattle, goats, and for a time, pigs and chickens, and the only time I ever ate lamb was when we'd have one of our own butchered. Not many restaurants served it, and no one I knew ate it on a regular basis. Mainly because beef has always been king there, although the mexicans made cabrito (goat) popular too.
Anyway, I eat lamb frequently, and it's on pretty much every restaurant menu out here. Just had some terrific lamb chops at a great little French bistro the other night, that were cooked perfectly and served with ratatouille and cauliflower gratin, and drizzled with a mixed herb infused oil. They were delicious.
>>
>>7354025
>poverty tier protein

Wrong again, junior. Try again. Everyone knows pigs are what poor people raise, because they'll eat anything and can live in literal shit tier conditions. Sheep have to have plenty of pastureland to graze, to be raised right.
>>
I grew up eating lamb every now and then, but I live in the Northeast. We have lots of Catholics and a few Greeks here (who eat lamb traditionally at Easter), Jews (who eat lamb at Passover) and Muslims (who are generally fond of it). Plus we have Caribbeans, who have a fondness for goat, and are frequently sold mutton labeled as goat by unscrupulous butchers and grocers.

You can find lamb is the supermarkets in much of the Northeast. It's not nearly as common as beef, chicken or even pork, but it's available.
>>
>>7353978
This is very true.
(I'm >>7354111) Nowadays, I don't think that people in beef country have an actual prejudice towards eating lamb, it's just not ingrained in them, because of the past prejudice towards it. I remember my grandfather only eating beef and literally using the phrase "beef is king" regularly. (Everyone in my family were ranchers at that time). Although, like I said in my other post, that changed with my dad's generation and we ate lamb at home, as well as beef, goat, chicken, pork, fish, etc.
>>
>>7354126
>Ignores all discussion about superior cattle for beef
>Talks shit about sweet, delicious, pork

Sure, Achmed.

Sure.
>>
>>7354139
You still fail. See my other posts, kid.
>>7354138
>>7354111
>>
File: Delicious steak.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
Delicious steak.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
>>7354143
>still has no defense for poverty tier inferior lamb and sheep
>still tries to talk shit
>>
>>7354154
>that much shitposting
You have no idea what you're talking about, and your only showing how ignorant you are. Plus, you apparently have zero reading comprehension as well. Go back to your trailer and drink some more malt liquor, hillbilly.
>>
>>7354154
wtf are you talking about saying lamb is poverty tier? Lamb is a celebration and luxury meat. If anything industrial agriculture has made beef poverty tier by producing so much cheap beef.
>>
>>7353369
argentina plz go
>>
>>7354174
Beef isn't poverty tier, either. Sigh..... like I said before, pork is poverty meat. Chicken is poverty poultry. BECAUSE of the ease with which they can be raised. Pigs will literally eat anything, including humans if they could, so they're stupid easy to raise (although they're mean, which makes them a pain in the ass). I knew a lady growing up who raised pigs because she owned a peach orchard, and she'd feed the non-salable peaches to her pigs. Once, the bad peaches had sat too long and begun fermenting (and turning to alcohol), and the pigs ate them anyway and got drunk.
>>
>>7354194
How can beef not be poverty tier when McDonald's will sell you a double cheeseburger for a dollar?
>>
>>7354207
McDonalds owns it's own beef feedlots and production facilities, that's how. It's not beef itself that's "poverty tier", it's what McDonalds is raising and selling to you that's poverty tier.
Beef is actually fairly expensive to raise if you're doing it RIGHT. You need 3 acres of pasture per cow for grass fed beef.
>>
>>7354218
>Beef is actually fairly expensive to raise if you're doing it RIGHT
Agreed. But most of the beef Americans eat is poverty tier shit. Few Americans can afford properly raised beef at all, ever.
>>
Best meat I ever had was lamb fed vinegar then killed in the back yard and put on the bbq
>>
>>7354235
Eh, not necessarily. Even most major chains like Safeway, etc. offer grass fed beef now, or at least USDA prime. A pound of grass fed ground beef is $6 here (in Commiefornia). That's not that expensive. Not to mention that you don't need to eat more than 2-4 ounces of red meat to meet your daily protein requirements. People in general eat too much, and eat too much meat, dairy, and carbs in one sitting.
What you typed is just an excuse for eating shit food.
>>
it costs more than beef where i live
>>
>>7353407
Lamb is still the GOAT meat of Scotland, at least the parts that arent infected with the processed diet of America/England)
>>
File: poverty herder herding poverty.jpg (11KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
poverty herder herding poverty.jpg
11KB, 275x183px
>>7354165
I didn't know you could get internet in the desert...
>>
>>7354261
how did that work exactly?
>>
>>7352861

What kind of cuts are we talking about when you're referring to them as shitty? Because a lot of "shitty" cuts of meat can be delicious if you cook them slowly, with liquid, or both.
>>
File: killyourself.jpg (829KB, 3096x1741px) Image search: [Google]
killyourself.jpg
829KB, 3096x1741px
>>7354290
>trying this hard and failing
>>
>>7353035
Fascinating opinion
>>
>>7354298
I missed the killing part, but they fed the lambs vinegar to relax them before the killing so there was no stress. The lambs were then cut up and barbecued pretty much straight away
>>
File: Poverty herding in Durkastan.png (355KB, 415x436px) Image search: [Google]
Poverty herding in Durkastan.png
355KB, 415x436px
>>7354301
Sure, Achmed...
>>
>>7353287

I had a buddy back in high school. His dad raised rabbits for meat. Had a shit ton of rabbit hutches in the shed. In the suburbs.

Rabbits are ridiculously easy to raise, fast growing, and breed like, well, rabbits? It's laughable to see people calling beef, pork, or chicken "poverty foods". Rabbit is a poverty food, because people with little resources can turn cheap inputs into nutritious protein. It's the same reason people in countries like Peru or Ecuador traditionally raised guinea pigs.

Rabbit is superior to guinea pig as poverty meat, though. Rabbits put on more weight per unit of food given.
>>
File: 710.jpg (266KB, 710x399px) Image search: [Google]
710.jpg
266KB, 710x399px
European meme food is the best.
>>
who wants to eat a cute little lamb
>>
>>7353035
Lamb seems exotic and fancy? That sounds like a strictly American perspective to me.
>>
>>7354312
what do the lambs eat out there on that rocky soil?
>>
>>7354025
>the most expensive meat is poverty tier

W O W
E
E
>>
>>7354315
I didn't think rabbit was a meat that was too good to have as a large part of a diet though. Nothing wrong with it at all. Just not quite as nutritious as other options.
>>
https://youtu.be/iKYOhfi4v3c this is why
>>
>all this shitposting
Lamb is fucking great

Buy some loin chops, season well, and sear and they're on par with a nice juicy ribeye steak.

Buy ground lamb and mix it with some fatty ground pork and use it to make gyros and you'll shit your pants from how good it tastes.

The only problem is that it tends to be expensive here because it's all imported from NZ.
>>
>>7355108
Are you that same tard who thinks his gyno and homoerotic fantasies came from that one time he ate edamame?

Rabbit is fine, if you live on literally nothing but rabbit meat for months you might start having problems, but this is never a valid criticism of any food, ever.
>>
Canadian here, the lamb I see at the stores are imported from NZ and cost like $60 for a leg

I don't have time for that
>>
>>7352744
Stay at home mom/10
>>
File: 1454311451066.jpg (76KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
1454311451066.jpg
76KB, 500x335px
>>7353101
>And we'll put it on a bed of sod so it will be like picking through carrion!
>Sounds delicious please cater my gala
>>
Lamb is great for burger.
>>
File: borat-story-top.jpg (62KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
borat-story-top.jpg
62KB, 640x360px
Dearborn, MI here
lotsa lamb
expensive though
>>
Had lamb for the first time last night. It was really good. Can't believe I've never tried it before
>>
File: CHOICE LAMB.jpg (62KB, 800x583px) Image search: [Google]
CHOICE LAMB.jpg
62KB, 800x583px
>>
>>
I used to live about 30 miles from the sheep capital of the nation (USA).

Dirt cheap lamp chops. Cheaper than beef even.

I'd go and get 2 nice sized chops for like 7-9 bucks depending.

sweet hot damn
>>
File: Not the garbage lambchop, no!.jpg (55KB, 604x363px) Image search: [Google]
Not the garbage lambchop, no!.jpg
55KB, 604x363px
>>7355078
Oh, don't worry, they bring them in from the desert to feed on garbage from time to time...

>>7355093
>low demand and low supply creates high prices

W O W
E
E
>>
File: IMG_20160101_190424_205.jpg (1MB, 1840x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160101_190424_205.jpg
1MB, 1840x3264px
I demand we serve it op ripping off Ramsey on this lamb pops dish I'm doing tonigh
>>
>>7353365
>slow roast or braised lamb shoulder is amazing

The best meal I've ever had in a restaurant was braised lamb shank over mushroom risotto. I'll take that over a good steak any fucking day.
>>
Seriously? This thread is still going? Lamb is plenty popular here. Not as popular as beef, pork, or chicken, but popular. If anything, it's mutton that's hard to find. Lamb is only exotic in the kinds of places where hot sauce or Chinese takeout is considered exotic- not just small town or rural, but straight up backward.
>>
I love lamb, and it's very readily available where I live. But I live in a city with a ton of immigrants from Central and Eastern Europe, India, Mexico and South America, and the Middle East. We have market stalls and shops which deal almost exclusively in lamb, goat, and mutton.

The only problem is that it's rather pricey, as it now seems to be considered something of a luxury item in the States. Also the US is traditionally chicken, beef, and pork country. Lamb usually doesn't have the same factory farm supply chain that the other major meats do here. Probably the vast majority of lamb available in the country comes from Australia and New Zealand, so there's the shipping costs to consider.

Still, I haven't had many people here who isn't a vegan or vegetarian tell me that they really dislike lamb. It's not that lamb isn't popular, it's just that it's usually considered more of a treat than a staple.
>>
Depends how lamb is cooked really. If you can bbq it well and do a marinade on it or put it into chinese food then sure lamb is great.
>>
>>7352736
>>7357763
>>7352751
>>7352829
>>7352838
>>7352846
>>7352853
>>7353519
>>7354138

Legit reason?

Ranch culture and the Cattle consortium pushing out early attempts at large scale sheep farming in the late 1800's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheep_Wars

tl;dr, Sheep and Cattle drivers both competed for the same grazing land, they literally started shooting each other. Tens of thousands of sheep were slaughtered by Cattlemen and dozens of men were killed. It's US's equivalent of the Emu war, almost.

American history is full of retarded little shit like that, which people forget and then are surprised when you explain to them how their culture is built on foundations of stupidity and casual racism. Like when we outlawed Marijuana primarily because of Mexicans.
>>
>>7357943
>American history is full of retarded little shit like that, which people forget and then are surprised when you explain to them how their culture is built on foundations of stupidity and casual racism

You say that like it doesn't describe pretty much every other culture too
>>
>>7357962
oh totally

but the other cultures know it and laugh about it.

America just denies it exists
>>
>>7356132
Assuming you're eating only rabbit and not supplementing with fat, it wouldn't take months to get really fucked. Keeping in mind we're talking serious poverty here, pretty much survival.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit_starvation
>>
>>7352882
so it's physically impossible to eat lamb without killing the animal yourself?
>>
Man, I'd eat lamb or mutton if I could get it for a price closer to beef. A big ass chicken cost me just under $8 earlier tonight. A London Broil was $11 and some change. I could get one weird looking lamb chop around those prices, maybe two. I just go to the local Mediterranean places when I want lamb.
>>
>>7358155
He's probably aware of rabbit starvation. I don't see any other reason to mention the possibility of subsisting entirely on rabbit meat. Your Wikipedia link isn't that helpful.
>>
>>7352758

every. fucking. time.

lamb has fat. so does beef. different cuts of lamb have different fat contents. there are tons of fucking meaty bits of lamb. this 'lamb is too fatty' meme needs to die.
>>
File: lamb-leg-1210-xlg.jpg (370KB, 614x400px) Image search: [Google]
lamb-leg-1210-xlg.jpg
370KB, 614x400px
Is this really true?

Have most americans never , or rarely ever had a roast leg of lamb?

Or lamb cutlets?

It is one of the most divine meats and so much less expensive than the equivalent weight in a good cut of steak.

Total insanity.
That market is waiting to be cracked open.
How can any red-blooded human being resist succulent, meaty, delicious lamb.

Don't pay attention to lamb-chops. they're a novelty incomparison to a wonderful leg.
>>
>>7358155
>>7355108

the autism of avoiding eating rabbit because if you only eat rabbit while battling antarctic weather and survival conditions you will develop symptoms of malnutrition just fucking boggles the mind, and i've been here for years, i've seen some shit.
>>
>>7352758
I don't see how that is true with leg of lamb at all.

You get tonnes of meat with a lamb leg and the fat is easily avoidable if you choose.

You must be talking about lamb chops, which are nice now and then but as you say, too fatty to be a regular meal.
>>
>>7358198
The only lamb most american eat is in gyros. Lamb is definitely available otherwise, just not particularly popular, probably because beef is quite a bit cheaper and generally perceived as being better
>>
>>7354025
Pork is shittier than lamb in general.
>>
File: download (3).jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
6KB, 259x194px
Truly devine
>>
>>7358206
I mean if you live in America and can get the same weight of Tbone or Rib-eye steak for less than a leg of lamb then if I could only pick one I'd pick the nice steak too.

But still it seems so crazy that that would be the case. I don't understand how it can be that on the same grazing land that lamb should be more expensive to harvest meat from and require a higher selling price than beef.

historical reasons are a crazy thing.
>>
>>7353035
Flyover detected
>>
>>7358230
truly.

I pity new-worlders who never get the opportunity to try this.
>>
>>7357968
t. butthurt american
>>
>>7352861
i get reasonably priced lamb at IGA i just get it when it goes on special for like $8/kg
this is in brissie/logan
>>
>>7353092
That's what lamb is retard.
>>
>>7352751
wait, why don't muslims eat shepp/goat?
i thought they only had an issue with pork
>>
>>7359130
they do
>reading comprehension
>>
When I watch American TV like Veronica Mars and Gilmore Girls, the rich people always make it a point to serve lamb.

Is it a class thing?
>>
Lamb is very high in cholesterol.
>>
>>7359157

Who cares? Dietary cholesterol does not appreciably affect the cholesterol in one's blood. You eat a high cholesterol meal then you poop it right back out. The cholesterol in your body is made by your liver, it does not come from food.
>>
>>7359005
>logan

Well that's why, anon.
Could be anything in that "lamb".
>>
>>7352778
>what is veal
>>
>>7352736
Because lamb raised in America is not consistent and typically is being marketed to Morracans and Muslims. New Zealand lamb is total white people meat.
>>
>>7352831
Yes.Exactly. The UK has been cucked up to the highest levels.
>>
A lot of boomers won't eat lamb because they had to eat mutton at their Auntie Edna's house when they were six years old and it was gamey.
>>
>>7359527
>mutton
>gamey
>>
>>7357968
america doesnt deny it exists, we're litterally so culturally and historically illiterate that we dont know any of that stuff happened.
>>
>>7358202
it really is the dumbest thing ever yeah. litterally just fry it in some greese or organs. what is a balanced diet?
>>
File: n.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
n.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>7359413
>New Zealand lamb is total white people meat.
>>
>>7353101
That's so sad, he died right there on the grass?
>>
I don't know about the rest of the U.S. but in NY you get lamb everywhere and it is common in restaurants. And I'm not referring to gyros.
>>
It's tastier than pork and beef but I can't have too much of it, way too fatty. I really hope all this anti-lamb sentiment expressed in the first few posts is just for shits and giggles though, otherwise it boggles the mind.
>>
>>7357943
They didn't make marijuana illegal because of Mexicans. They did however use Mexicans as a way to legitimize the prohibition of the stuff.

I would argue the primary reason was because after the end of prohibition the head of the DEA was going to loose his job so he demonized an at the time obscure drug with a small user base of mostly Mexicans and blacks in order to keep his salary and fancy title
Thread posts: 149
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.