[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good spirits to drink

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1453622261658.jpg (1MB, 2500x1748px) Image search: [Google]
1453622261658.jpg
1MB, 2500x1748px
So i'm almost out of the bourbon i purchased a while back. What other booze is good for having a sip on evenings, other than scotch, because that's a given. Is rye any good? Pic relatively related
>>
>Is rye any good?
That depends on personal preference. Some people like the taste, some people don't. If you've had Canadian whisky you'll get an idea of what you're looking at with rye whiskey, since it's usually made of a relatively high percentage of rye.

Rye has had kind of a renaissance in the last 15 years or so. This is due to its historical significance and that its flavor profile works pretty well in cocktails. I'd rather drink an old fashioned or Manhattan with rye than bourbon.

However, the amount of what would be considered "sipping grade" rye whiskey on the market is still pretty small compared to bourbon. High end bourbon is definitely well established these days but its market is dwarfed by the number of single malt Scotch whiskies out there.
>>
I like gin tonics, so... gin. Bourbon is good for mixing, but I don't think it's worth drinking straight. There's scotch for that. Canadian rye is warming but rough, at the very least, and rye and ginger is enjoyable enough. Don't know about other ryes.
>>
>>7350647 is Bulleit's rye any good? I've hade their bourbon which was ok. I think bulleit's rye is the most accesible rye here in sweden.
>>
>>7350652
Seconding this, not much beats a nice glass of gin at the end of a long day. My go-to is usually Hendricks or Boodles
>>
>>7350599

I hate gin, bad experience in my younger days but I'd pick gin, the slight lemon on the tongue is OK

Of course, a good whisky (Scottish single malt) a good vodka is boring to drink neat . I'm Scottish, but Canadian "whisky" is 2nd best

can't go wrong with a Glenfiddich 5 -30yo $40 to $4000
>>
>>7350647
>If you've had Canadian whisky you'll get an idea of what you're looking at with rye whiskey, since it's usually made of a relatively high percentage of rye

This statement is incorrect, it is generally used sparingly as a flavouring grain, as it is for most bourbons, obviously apart from wheaters.

Canadian whiskeys are generally blends of young whiskey and grain neutral spitit (GNS), basically vodka, so they really dont resemble straight rye whiskey at all.
Even though the label "rye" has stuck to canadian whiskey, it is basically tradition.
High rye bourbons are closest to rye, bulleit is an
example of this, it supposedly contains around 30% rye wit the remainder being mainly or all corn, this is why it is a bourbon, and probably why the little bitches around here dont like it, because high rye whiskeys are a little drier, spicier and "harsher" than high corn and wheaters, and are less accessible to the average punter.
I have noticed that there are a lot of hipsters out there that claim they like rye becuase
>muh authentic
but dont actually like it, and almost always drink it in a cocktail or prefer to drink sweet bourbons straight.
If you want to imagine the difference between a bourbon and a rye think of the difference in flavour between eating corn bread and rye bread, the sweet corn flavour vs the spicy dryness
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.