[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the spiciest dishes? Which country's cuisine is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 9

File: Kid-vs-Habanero-Pepper.jpg (24KB, 425x305px) Image search: [Google]
Kid-vs-Habanero-Pepper.jpg
24KB, 425x305px
What are the spiciest dishes? Which country's cuisine is generally the spiciest?
>>
>>7350126
no idea if it's the spiciest but I'm thinking Sichuan.
>>
File: spicy.jpg (115KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
spicy.jpg
115KB, 500x500px
Italian
>>
Thai food, no doubt.

Got a place in the city that is legit. I can eat and love spicy food, but their 5 stars is too much.

Apparently they roast and grind their own chili peppers for the powder. Fucking awesome.
>>
File: careful_theres_pepper_in_it.jpg (49KB, 609x350px) Image search: [Google]
careful_theres_pepper_in_it.jpg
49KB, 609x350px
>>7350126
>Which country's cuisine is generally the spiciest?
Norwegian.
>>
Yeah, probably thai. Possibly one of the other places in Chinese Mexico, but I have no idea what they cook.
>>
Indian food ofc
>>
>>7350126
India does heat pretty legit but Sri-Lanka they make it hotter, saltier and sweeter than Indians
>>
Thai or Laotian food. Specifically Isaan dishes.

It also still tastes good when super-spicy, unlike some gimmicky Indian curry places that make super spicy food that would taste like shit without the spicyness masking the flavor.

When I was in Bangkok I used to eat at this somtum place pretty regularly and their food was absurdly spicy but still delicious.
>>
Once had a prawn balchao in Goa that soaked my shirt with so much sweat I could wring it out. Was practically hallucinating.
>>
People underrate Tex Mex, but you're not going to find anything in the world that beats its spiciest chilis.
>>
how shitty was asian food before the discovery of the americas?
>>
>>7350126
Any dish that uses the Trinidad Moruga Scorpion pepper.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinidad_moruga_scorpion

For giggles, look on YT for videos of people who are foolish enough to eat this pepper as a challenge.
>>
Get some vindaloo from a highly rated Indian restaurant, and ask them for it to be prepared super spicy—specify "not 'white people spicy', I want your spiciest". You'll have better luck if they mention "naga" or "nagaland" on their menu, when describing the spice level.

Besides that, as others have said, Thai, where you can serve your own spices at your own discretion; just load up your dish, and prepare to sweat.
>>
File: curry heat.jpg (83KB, 610x892px) Image search: [Google]
curry heat.jpg
83KB, 610x892px
>>7351726
Phal (aka "phaal," aka "phall") is hotter than vindaloo. That's usually the hottest a British Indian restaurant will make unless they have a specialty curry that's even hotter (a local take away here does a "Cobra Bite" curry which is supposed to be hotter than their phal - I personally don't think it is).

I've found that making my own curry yields much hotter curries than any restaurant or take away I've tried, except for one incredible phal that I had once at a Wetherspoons "Curry Club" that I couldn't finish.

I think restaurants and take-aways are worried they'll get complaints if they make it too hot so they er on the side of caution, whereas if you're making your own you can go crazy.
>>
>>7351466
Reminds me of a prolapsed anus. I guess that's a warning.
>>
File: 86656.jpg (125KB, 1000x450px) Image search: [Google]
86656.jpg
125KB, 1000x450px
>So spicy it burns you both ways through
Indian food, by far. Those stupid meme-tier spicy curries you can get WILL burn your asshole. It's a way that Indians laugh at you btw.

>Very spicy
Thai food

>Spicy
Korean
Szechuan
>>
>>7352561
I burn my asshole with curries I make myself.

Who's laughing now?
>>
>>7350126
talking traditional cuisine either Thai or Indian generally have the spiciest dishes. But for novelty extreme the hottest "challenge" dishes/sauces are found in the US.
>>
File: ruchi-350x350[1].jpg (33KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
ruchi-350x350[1].jpg
33KB, 350x350px
south asian and south east asian countries
>>
>>7351332
Old school curry uses mountains of black pepper. It gives a different sort of heat that kind of numbs your mouth. Chili got popular cause it's way cheaper than black pepper to spice up a sauce.
>>
north african and thai imo
>>
>>7350126
asians, right? I want to try their shit.
At the local chinese places, do they make actual spicy food? I'm not sure if they do, but maybe they just don't give me their chinese death pepper because I'm a round eye.
>>
File: 1440275185365.jpg (179KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1440275185365.jpg
179KB, 720x720px
>>7351726

>be white
>specify "not white people spicy"
>implying they're not just going to laugh on the inside and still give you white man heat and observe you sweating and dripping with mucous and tears at their lowest heat level, while screaming about >muh authenticity

embarrassing, familia
>>
Thai. Anyone who says Indian needs to spend some time in northeastern Thailand.
>>
Why do people love spicy food so much? I would get that some individuals enjoy it, but why did certain cuisines evolve to be full of this shit?
>>
>>7354731

The most common assumption, so probably completely bullshit, is that they used it because it acts as a preservative.
>>
>>7354774
The only people who believe this are the same idiots who think that the alcohol in beer, and not the boiling of the wort, is why beer was safer to drink than river water in ye olde timey times.
>>
>>7354731
Cheap and easy way to make shit food taste better. Take any modern equivalent of super poor people food, take ramen noodles, beenee weenees, and throw some hot sauce on it, it's almost palatable and a little more filling than when it's bland.
>>
>>7354731
It's scientifically proven to be good food. Releases endorphins .your body likes it
>>
>>7354731
my dad always said it was 'cause it kills parasites in warm tropical countries where cold whether or salt isn't able to keep food from becoming dangerous and inedible
>>
>>7354809
Your dad isn't a microbiologist, is he.
>>
It's Korea.

Go to a Korean store and eat anything that is the color red.

Then look at the size of cayenne pepper they sell.

It's Korea.

No chance.
>>
>>7354810
no, but i found this
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/11/1111_051111_spicy_medicine.html
and that's just pseudosciencey enough to justify my love of hot sauce
>>
There's a point where foods become so hot it all blends together. They may not feel hotter after 1 millions scoville, but you'll start to shake, your body is rejecting the poison.
The acids in your stomach rise to make you feel full in an effort to get you to stop. You may also just puke.
I imagine, like anything, you can build a tolerance to the heat, but you may not be doing yourself any favours.

I took a hot wing challenge that used a lot of pepper extracts.
It wasn't tasty, more like eating chemicals.
The heat wasn't too bad, but you can never prepare yourself for shakes and the overwhelming feeling of being full.
>>
>>7352561
Is that why they need designated shiting streets
>>
>>7354815
I'm guessing you're white
>>
Mexico for general spiciness but probably the hottest would be the US with all their super hot hot sauces.
>>
>>7351329
well, not these days - that region is where a good chunk of capsicum lab-breeding and research happens.
>>
>>7354659
bruv, I eat reaper pepper puree... I'll know if they're trying to pull a fast one on me
>>
>>7351466
Wouldn't it be any dish using the Carolina Reaper since it's hotter?
>>
>>7355297
>>7355314
Reaper sauce is how I got a local roti shop to give me their good stuff. I came in with a small mason jar of essentially salt, lime, reapers, habaneros, allspice and scallion. They sent me home with a 1L tub of their high test. Mine was hotter, but theirs is miles better.
>>
>>7351170
Are those mustard seeds sprinkled on the potatoes?
>>
if capsicum was only brought to the old world post Columbus why is it so sparingly used in Europe cuisine but rampant in African, Asian and Indian cuisine?
>>
>>7354789
Too bad it only releases pain and tears in my body.
>>
>>7355381
Different climates. Peppers and spices can be grown in more tropical regions. One of Europe's drawbacks were that it was cold and the food that grew there kind of sucked.
>>
>>7351170
Norwegian here, this is bait. Cant think of a single dish that uses chilli.
>>
>>7356153
Doi
>>
>>7355381

because they are still mostly dirt poor and have to mask the taste of their shitty meat with ferocious chillis.
>>
>>7350126
The spicy keychain.
>>
>>7356250
Dominic you rat
>>
>>7350126
Thai or Indian for sure.
>>
>>7355381
1. Established culture
2. Climates
3. Heavy seasoning is often used to cover the taste of spoiled meat. Shit spoils and ferments fast in hotter, wet climates. Guess what places of the world have a lot of spicy, sour, fermented foods?

>>7350126
Tie between Thai and Szechuan for sure. India talks a big game but most of their genuine cuisine isn't that spicy, that reputation came from the British. Szechuan is literally shit cooked in peppers and pepper oil, and Thai speaks for itself.

I would go for Thai frankly, since it has a hot wet climate, soil and terrain conducive to chili's, and is Asiatic.
>>
>>7357985
Fermentation is very common in freezing climates as well. Probably more common, but I have no data to back that up. It's necessary to retain an appropriate range of edible foods outside of the brief season of growth.
>>
>>7351170
u a cheeky m8
>>
>>7357985
I once spoke to a builder in India and asked him why their food is so spicy. He said "I don't know, but it's convenient if you're poor and can't afford to eat lots, because you can only eat so much of it before you've had enough"
>>
File: 1410477687777.gif (9KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1410477687777.gif
9KB, 645x773px
Why are Spaniards the only Europeans that like spicy food?
>Muh climate
What about Italy and Southern France then? Same climate and nowhere near as spicy. The only spicy thing France has is Cayenne, and that's from French Guyana which barely even counts as European.
>>
>>7360842
>He said "I don't know, but it's convenient if you're poor and can't afford to eat lots, because you can only eat so much of it before you've had enough"
.... that actually sounds like a decent idea for dieting as well.
>>
I've heard Sri Lankan food is really spicy.
>>
>>7352561

Indian food is spicy??? White boy detected.
>>
>>7360897
Only when they use a lot of hot peppers.
>>
>>7351309
Goan Lamb Curry was my first Indian food crush, and I will never ever get to replace the first time we kissed.
>>
>made chili tonight with fresh jaleys and habaneros
>just jerked off
>mild burning sensation on my cock
>feels good man
I see no way this can go wrong.
>>
>>7361763
>Goan
>Pronounced Go-ann
>As in Go ann fuck yourself
>>
>>7361673
I'm guessing you're referring to American Indian food because that shit will destroy you. My wife is from India and her food made my asshole hurt.
>>
>>7351332
The region had plenty of spices that had a picante heat to it before the spread capsicum. Really, the only thing capsicum did for China was give them something red to add to dishes. Same with Korea, except it did lead to more red and spiciness in their cuisine. Most of their cuisine was hearty with bean paste or clean in flavor.
>>
>>7361793
You're supposed to put it in your mouth.
>>
>>7361793
Depends what region of india
>>
>>7360885
Real answer? Because the Moors brought their methods of cooking and cuisine with them when they conquered half of spain in 711. They wouldn't be completely expelled until 1609. That's about 900 years if you're counting, though admittedly they were politically out as soon as 1492. Which basically means a bunch of food culture from Africa and the Middle east came Into the country, including spices and crops like rice
>>
>>7354774
actually it just hides the flavor of rotten fucking food
>>
>>7361822
Oh, that makes perfect sense actually. North African food does tend to be kind of spicy.

Thanks bruh.
>>
Thai green curry where I've stipulated I'd like it hot has probably been the spiciest that I've had made for me. I love some Indian, I've never been sweating a river from it though.

The spiciest things I've eaten have definitely been made by myself.
Pretty sure my whole digestion tract is in a permanent state of mild irritation due some of the shit I've made myself.
>>
I hate "Just hot" things.
>>
>>7360885
Hungarian cuisine is spicy as well
>>
>>7351466
well after watching a few videos of cute girls eating hot as fuck peppers I realized I have a new fetish.
I hate being a fucking weirdo sometimes...
>>
>>7357985
This man understands Szechaun.

They are masters of making hot as fuck oils out of hot peppers and pepper corns. If you can find a chinese restaurant in a place with a large immigrant population, They will likely have a side menu for the Chinese people. Ask for that, and order whatever they recommend as spicy.

Fresh Water fish dishes in the Szechuan style are awesome.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.