[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Questions that don't deserve their own thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: Pot-Roast_11802.jpg (83KB, 596x350px) Image search: [Google]
Pot-Roast_11802.jpg
83KB, 596x350px
Could I use beer instead of wine when I make a pot roast, or will it taste funny? If so, what would be the best?
>>
>>7348001
>Could I use beer instead of wine when I make a pot roast,
I don't use either. I just use horseradish and Lipton's Onion Soup mix along with salt and pepper and throw it in the oven for a few hours with some water. I love it, but I've never tried anything different.
>>
>>7348001
yes
>>
>>7348001
If you use beer leave out the potatoes.
>>
File: cropped refugees.jpg (50KB, 600x263px) Image search: [Google]
cropped refugees.jpg
50KB, 600x263px
>>7348001
yeah. I prefer using beer in these scenarios. I think the wine is too acidic, and high in alcohol. The beer is more subtle.
>>
How do I improve cheap rice with potatoes and chicken beyond the usual seasonings?
Bacon bits and maybe some cheese come to mind but I figure you geniuses have better ideas.
Has to be something that can be cooked in the oven or nuked separately.
>>
>>7348001
would that beef be terribly overcooked and tough
>>
>>7349036
When I'm planning rice I get my two chickens from the butchers the breast is cubed for kebabs.
The bones are used to make a stock for the rice and then I cook the legs and add to the rice in a pilau style and have the kebabs with,.
>>
>>7349052
I should've emphasized more how it can't be something that requires more than a pan and an oven.
Over half his diet is that mix he calls 'filler' because if he gets more expensive food then he doesn't get to eat every single day.
I want to contribute something he can add for a bit more variety without even having proper utensils beyond a knife.
>>
My kale has black spots on it. It's been in the crisper for four days, is it still good to eat?
>>
>>7349128
peas and chickpeas spring to mind first.
pulses/beans/lentils generally go well with rice on their own, makes the chicken a bonus
>>
>>7349036
I make that same dish with bacon bits, cheese and chopped onions.
>>
>>7349152
He already uses that to stretch it out but not so much when I'm there.
I've also thought of eggs and spam chunks. (Probably substitute for the chicken.)
Soy sauce would probably be good for a slightly different flavor but I keep forgetting to buy some.
>>
>>7349196
sounds disgusting as fuck go for it anon
>>
>>7348018
god. my aunt loves that onion soup shit I think it sucks.

>>7348001
use foodwishes recipe if you want to use wine OP. it's perfect for it.
>>
How is the chicken substitute made? Any leads? I'm thinking of the likes of Quora's patties.
>>
>>7348001
Sure you can use beer, just leave out the potatoes as mentioned before...

Preferably use a darker beer as they have more sugars in them
>>
Is it possible to make sourdough cinnamon rolls actually taste like cinnamon rolls? My dad has made two batchs, the first batch didnt taste like cinnamon rolls at all, just plain glazzed sweet buns, the second time he said her put triple the cinnamon into it, and we can barely taste any. Is sourdough just a shit dough to use for things?
>>
I want to make some potato gratin today and have it as a side with some pork.
Can anyone suggest a good gatin recipe?
>>
>>7348001
What's the best recipe for cinnamon raisin bread pudding? What's the difference between bread pudding and french toast casserole, anyway?
>>
how to cook a thick steak but have minimum brown, maximum pink, even cooking and not too rare in the middle?
basically a really even, consistent cook? but with a crust.
>>
>>7349668

low temp cooking either in a low oven or sous vide or even confit then patting dry in finishing in a hot oven or pan
>>
>>7349672

okay it's for steak sandwiches to order. i was cooking about 1 inch steaks on a heavy iron skillet but flipping every 10 seconds or so to keep both sides at equal temperatures.
then slice and wrap in foil and leave on a hot plate till i want to serve.
worked but i seem to be how you say ?hit and miss? judging with thicker steaks.
sorry for bad english
>>
>>7348001
What the fuck do I do with a pound of cornstarch?
>>
hi how do i skin the celery
>>
>>7349668
pan fry. flip and baste repeatedly
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.