[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rachael Ray Hard-anodized Nonstick 14-piece Grey with Orange

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: orangethings.jpg (311KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
orangethings.jpg
311KB, 1500x1500px
Looking to get this one. Anyone has experience with Rachael Ray cookware?

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Rachael-Ray-Hard-anodized-Nonstick-14-piece-Grey-with-Orange-Handles-Cookware-Set/6246586/product.html
>>
>$250 for an all non-stick set of rachael ray cookware

Why would anybody waste their money and kitchen space with this garbage?
>>
>>7347363
I believe Jack Scalfani the YouTuber has experience with Rachel Ray cookware.
>>
>>7347368
Please advise?
>>
File: rachael-ray-net-worth.jpg (72KB, 488x650px) Image search: [Google]
rachael-ray-net-worth.jpg
72KB, 488x650px
>>7347363
>>
>>7347374

Don't buy anything with a celebrity "chef's" name attached to it.
>>
>>7347378
I just liked the color combination, it fits what I am looking for (cookware set from scratch) and one-stop-shop. I'm from EU, so importing it from US will cost me extra, but if anyone could advise me on a nice cookware set or something that is sold separately - I'd be very thankful.
What I am looking for is something like picture related size wise.
>>
Get some stainless steel saucepans, they're much better.
>>
>>7347363
OP, I suggest getting ones with metal handles so that you can put them in the oven to finish cooking. Learn how to hold them using a dish towel.

>>7347376
She has terrible looking boobies :(
>>
>>7347386
I rather have something with removable handles, for the reason you mentioned and for storage.
I really take any advice on the matter.
>>7347384
Anything made of stainless steel or something specific?
>>
>>7347363

> rubber handle

Don't buy that shit
>>
>>7347363
you really need all this cookwear to cook hot dogs and mayonnaise casserole like rachel ray?
>>
>>7347400
Nigga, it is a new apartment I've bought three months ago. While I know this is hardly an excuse to be ignorant, it is an excuse not have anything in it to cook food in. So I am looking to acquire a set of cookware.I would like to move in there and have something to cook food in.
>>
>>7347390
It's good to have a variety of materials available in your kitchen for different purposes. Depending on how much you intend to cook, some would say it is required. All cookware materials have different physical properties which is going to fundamentally affect your cooking. Nonstick cookware cannot be heated as much as pure metal, and both thermal conductivity and thermal diffusivity of PTFE coatings are much lower than pure metal, which means that heat is transferred more slowly to food touching the surface (heat radiation from the base metal is unaffected). Often, this is not something you want, especially in pans. Another thing that matters is heat capacity and the weight of the cookware. Heavier objects are going to store more total heat energy, which is something you may or may not want, depending on the situation.

I recommend you first study cookware materials and then read some sort of guide before you buy anything. It's probably not the best idea to buy a full set like the one in the OP. Instead, it may be more sensible to buy items or very small sets piece by piece as you actually need and use them. It's much more useful to have 2 pans of different materials or weights than of different sizes. Do you really need 4 differently sized pots right from the start?

http://www.cookingforengineers.com/article/120/Common-Materials-of-Cookware
http://www.cookingforengineers.com/article/326/Whats-In-Your-Non-Stick

Loads of guides like this one you will find with a simple search
https://www.fix.com/blog/comparison-of-cookware-materials/
>>
>>7347363
I would mix and match between nonstick, stainless and cast iron pots/pans. Nonstick is nice for a lot of things, but if you're searing meats or doing high-heat cooking or going from stove top to the oven, you'll be better off with cast iron or stainless. Its good to have a variety.
>>
>>7347467
>>7347477
Thank you. I'll read the links then.

Just to clarify - I do tend to cook and have some pots and pans from the old days in the old apartment. It is just that I would like to buy new stuff for new apartment.
And it is a family of three, I do need a large 3+ltr pot, smaller 1-2ltr pot and a saute similar size. As for pans, I need one deeper and bigger (26+cm) and one smaller (24cm).
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.