[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>live next to lake erie >lake perch is $16.99 a pound >ocean

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: 1440562395397.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1440562395397.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>live next to lake erie
>lake perch is $16.99 a pound
>ocean perch is $6.99 a pound

explain this shit /ck/
>>
>>7344547
Outside buyers driving up the prices by demand.
>>
>>7344547
Lake perch has been so over fished the supply < demand
>>
>>7344547
Ocean perch are not truly perch. They're a species of bass IIRC, and the big price difference is a result of that and the fact that mass-fishing in a lake setting is more difficult than on the ocean.

Also lake perch taste a lot nicer.
>>
>>7344547
there are countless amounts of fish coming out of the ocean, unless the lake is farmed really well they will have a much lower supply.
>>
Ocean=big
Lake=small

Big=more
Small=less
>>
>>7344547
Go catch them yourself retard
>>
>>7344573
THIS

Holy shit op learn to fish or drown yourself in a lake.
>>
>>7344573
>catch them yourself
fuaaaark

>be me, young teenager
>travel to the bay with my friends
>steal beer from my buddy's parent's fridge
>fish for perch all day, drink outside and clean our catches for hours
>fish fry late into the night
>wake up and do it again

Man... being an adult really fucking sucks. Wish I could go back.
>>
>>7344573
Came here to say this.
>>
>>7344573
>Dude just spend a thousand dollars on a boat so you can go fishing

fuck off retard
>>
>>7344583
You will work for your entire life and then just after you retire you will die, the government has sprayed just enough chemtrails into the environment to keep you paying tax until you drop.
>>
>>7344602
Spend $100 on a half way decent rod and reel, get some bait and go catch fish off a dock, spent my childhood doing it and you can too.
>>
>>7344612
>fish off a dock

No way, full of blacks and mexicans
>>
>>7344547
What side of Lake Erie? Never seen commercial perch fishing on the American side, so proximity isn't going to affect price much. Beyond that, it's likely going to boil down to which is better, on average, and supply & demand.

Comparing the two is also fairly arbitrary, because like another anon said, they're unrelated species. "Ocean perch" were called redfish or rockfish, and they kinda suck, so marketers started calling them perch, which don't suck, early last century. Enough tools were more likely to buy them under the fraudulent name that it stuck around and eventually got the government's seal of approval as nonfraudulent.
>>
>>7344583

>fuaaaark

kill urself underage
>>
>>7344615
Stab your way to the good spots. Eventually there won't be any left.
>>
>>7344618
>What side of Lake Erie

The American side around northeast ohio
>>
>>7344618
>"Ocean perch" were called redfish or rockfish,
Why the hell?
Redfish can be red snapper, but it is usually red drum or puppy drum.
Rockfish is striped bass or freshwater "striper" in salt water.

I know canadia has got good fishing, but apparently completely different jargon.
>>
>lake erie
you actually want to eat fish from lake erie?
>>
>>7346384
this
>>
>>7346384
Erie has some great walleye
>>
>>7344612
You fish off a pier. The fish are IN the dock.
>>
>>7344610
>chemtrails

fuck off
>>
>>7344798
ayyy I'm moving to Cleveland in like two months
>>
>>7344547
I live in Florida and seafood is still crazy expensive. Its cheaper to buy pre packaged shrimp from Asia then to buy the shrimp that are fished just a few miles from where I live.
>>
>eating fish from lake erie
>>
>>7344583
being an adult fucking rules. learn to live your life
>>
>>7346439
which part of cleveland
>>
File: 1431824568582.jpg (167KB, 441x600px) Image search: [Google]
1431824568582.jpg
167KB, 441x600px
>>7347636
>>7346384
>>7346388
Lake Erie is wonderful. Please stop bullying
>>
>>7347639
>Enjoying responsibility
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.