[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /ck/ like Alton Brown? I think he's funny and cool.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

File: Good eats.jpg (57KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Good eats.jpg
57KB, 400x300px
Does /ck/ like Alton Brown? I think he's funny and cool. How do you guys feel about Good Eats?
>>
I like the episode about sustainable seafood where he's an old man and his daughter is his granddaughter. It's funny.
>>
>>7342079
He offers a lot of good explanations. I hate the people that only watch him and blindly follow stupid rules like "no unitaskers" when the whole point is to critically evaluate whatever you bring into the kitchen and avoid obvious junk that you'll never use is and is hard to clean.
>>
>>7342079

Any other ten year old shows you'd like to talk about?
>>
Alton is a fellow Georgian. He also likes guns and motorcycles.
>>
there's a dick in my ass right now
>>
He's okay. Not as entertaining as Guy, personally, but Alton gives some really good pointers.
>>
Alton Brown is GOAT
>>
>>7342079
He one of the few cooks who will tell you why you should add an ingredient and what said ingredient will do to the overall dish. He's really more about the science of the food
>>
AB doesn't take himself seriously at all, but he takes food very seriously indeed. It made a good combination for an entertaining TV show about cooking; however, I really don't like competition shows in general, so other stuff he's been a part of sucks--like Cutthroat Kitchen or the Food Network Star*Search--and it doesn't help my opinion of him. Iron Chef America is OK, because it features real pros.
>>
>>7342282
Hey man, ya gotta earn a living somehow. I kinda like Cuthroat, never really tune in but I'll watch it if I'm just flipping channels. Like you just said, I don't think the show takes itself too seriously. Pretty campy. I'm going to his live show this April. High hopes.
>>
>>7342079
No, he's a pretentious faggot.
He should be on CNN or something.
>>
That fag and Hanoi Jane would make a nice pair.
>>
>>7342079
I'd like to say he's Bill Nye for adults, but instead he's Bill Nye for kids. His gay little skits, his "i suck cock" expressions, I'm sure in real life he's cool when he's not in character, but on television he's unwatchable.
You can find the science and methods and reasons why you do the things you do elsewhere. Don't watch this guy.
>>
>>7342493
I have no idea what you're talking about when you say ""i suck cock" expressions" or how the skits are gay. It sounds like you might be a latent homo honestly
>>
>>7342528
There's nothing wrong with that i might add, but wanting Alton Brown to suck your dick might be something you'll wanna keep to yourself, it's a bit weird.
>>
>>7342079
>unpopular opinion
His quirkiness gets on my nervous.
Besides that,he doesnt afraid of anything and pretty cool guy.
>>
Tbh good eats is probably the best cooking show in tv.

It doesn't teach you just recipes. It teaches you how to cook and WHY certain things are done the way they are, from a flavour perspective, from a scientific perspective, from a cultural and historical perspective and from a health and hygiene perspective.

He's also charismatic and funny. He isn't permanently on his soapbox like certain other chefs, but when he does get on his soapbox it's for important things (proper technique to get the right results and preserve the cultural and historical importance of certain dishes, buying sustainable to ensure future generations can enjoy the art of cooking).

He's honestly goat. Huge fan.
>>
>>7342572
>huge fan
Not shit cum gurgler.
>>
>you gotta check out Alton's video making mayo, Anon. Sooo innovative..

b-but that's just like my mom did it for decades
>>
>>7342079
I love Alton. I named my teddy bear after him.
>>
File: 1435665616650.png (216KB, 402x317px) Image search: [Google]
1435665616650.png
216KB, 402x317px
Yes and yes. I still sometimes put on a random ep of Good Eats as I fall asleep
>>
File: tumblr_nsmxfqI3bd1qkko3bo1_400.gif (1MB, 400x254px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsmxfqI3bd1qkko3bo1_400.gif
1MB, 400x254px
>>7342130
>>
>>7342079
Food aside, the production of good eats is amazing. I notice details that I didn't see before when I re-watch it. I missed a chance to see AB live when he was in my town, maybe he'll be back.
>>
File: 1452280074522.png (527KB, 497x732px) Image search: [Google]
1452280074522.png
527KB, 497x732px
>>7342573
Anon, your autism is showing.
>>
>>7342119
He owns a sweet 80s BMW couple too, he did a whole interview in car and driver about it
>>
>>7342934
jesus faggot post that image more why don't you
>>
>>7342573
>>7342573

wut
>>
File: help.gif (688KB, 266x198px) Image search: [Google]
help.gif
688KB, 266x198px
>>7343039
>>
>>7342079
Good Eats is good TV. He knows what he's doing and I appreciate the occasional scientific explanations, goofy props and all.
>>
He's a food personality who's an average American underneath

Good Eats is a very good show though. It teaches without bullshitting you, gives you the basics about everything and some advanced tricks too. There's a torrent of everything Good Eats on Pirate Bay still IIRC, it's a fuck ton of gigs but it's a good collection.
>>
>>7342079
He's a great way to learn how to cook, and his recipes should be seen as guides to making your own and not ones you should use.
>>
Good Eats is fine, though the episodes could usually be 50% shorter without the costume sketch segments.

The newer shows he's on are absolutely awful.
>>
His meatloaf is really good, although I haven't had many meatloaves Tbh.
>>
Literally a Leddit meme.
>>
>>7342141
hes not a cook hes an actor who reads a script
get that straight
>>
>>7344046
No he's not.

He worked in video production and decided that he didn't like that how most cooking shows just go over a recipe without explaining what the steps and ingredients actually do. He thought he could do a better job, so he went to culinary school to learn how to cook, and built the show from there.
>>
i don't mind cutthroat kitchen

he seems to genuinely enjoy fucking everyone's shit up and i respect that

and i think he was a good choice for iron chef

he's okay in my book
>>
>>7342573
Fuck off. I didn't even notice his trip until you autism'd about it.
>>
he takes himself way too seriously now and is sometimes a dick

liked him more as his Good Eats persona where he was like the Bill Nye of food.
>>
>>7344292

Isn't the whole reason he hosted Good Eats because it was cheaper than paying someone else to do it?
>>
>>7344366
Put your trip back on
>>
Good Eats is a B+ cooking show.
+ thorough
+ logical
- campy bits all over the place
- understanding of certain ingredients a bit dated now

Alton can speak with authority about food, but he often times is too forceful and opinionated, which makes him border on unscientific. The bits in the show can sometimes be informative, like a kid's science display, but are annoying if you're not into them.

The cooking game shows are mindless entertainment. Cutthroat Kitchen is also needlessly liberal. Alton has this quirky mad scientist persona that can be so cringe, too.
>>
>>7342079
>How do you guys feel about Good Eats?

Good Eats is the only TV show I've ever purchased on DVD to watch over and over again. Fucking love it.

Especially W in that black leather catsuit... OMG...
>>
>>7344449
>Cutthroat Kitchen is also needlessly liberal.
Never watched it, but what do you mean? Like pushing recent food fads, pushing environmentally-motivated food ideas, de-emphasizing white males/Western food ideas, or what?
>>
>>7344454

How on earth can you watch it over and over again? I can see it being interesting when it's new and you don't know the information that he is presenting. But once you know it, it's painful. It's like attending grade school all over again...listing to someone explain very slowly something that you ALREADY KNOW.
>>
>>7344474
Like, I saw an episode where a Jew, Muslim, tranny, and a single mom were pitted against each other. Oppression olympics shit.

The jew one, btw
>>
>>7344540
*won
>>
Awesome show, and I like Alton a lot. Maybe I'm biased as a scientist, but I love his approach to the craft, and the historical factoids are great too. I don't watch Good Eats with the mindset of cooking, however. It's more like a learning experience.
>>
>>7342141
Underrated post. This is why I love Alton and Good Eats.
>>
>>7342885
I do this too often. I may have most of it memorized.
>>
>>7343533
Fuck you Cutthroat Kitchen is great.
>>
>>7343533
The format made sense in a time when it was on network tv. Its still pretty interesting the first tiem you watch all the way through, but its frustrating as fuck when youre trying to watch an episode for just one recipe
>>
>>7345163
foodnetwork.com and (iirc) altonbrown.com have almost all the recipes presented in the shows. Just google the dish and throw "alton" in there too.
>>
>>7342573
That copypasta is as stale as your cooking skills, son.
>>
File: 1296714998703.png (151KB, 1125x681px) Image search: [Google]
1296714998703.png
151KB, 1125x681px
>>7346751
Put your trip back on.
>>
File: thegame.jpg (35KB, 404x599px) Image search: [Google]
thegame.jpg
35KB, 404x599px
I really like Alton. His recipes are solid, and he has a really dorky affect - he likes to reference old movies and stuff in Good Eats, he likes to do the James Bond villain/mad scientist in Cutthroat Kitchen, he enjoys his puns - and I find that dorkiness to be very relatable.

Also, because he explains the 'why' to a lot of things, he's been the only cooking persona that my gf has had any interest in watching, and she's starting to become a better cook as a result.
>>
>>7342079
It's a good show.
>>
Alton's okay. I've heard he's a diva, but he's okay.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.