[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I leave for Hong Kong in 2 weeks for a short holiday and I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Hong_Kong_Island_Skyline_2009.jpg (3MB, 2256x1504px) Image search: [Google]
Hong_Kong_Island_Skyline_2009.jpg
3MB, 2256x1504px
I leave for Hong Kong in 2 weeks for a short holiday and I have some questions

>Does Yat Lok and Tim Ho Wan live up to the hype?
>Where is the best claypot rice?
>Are there any western restaurants worth going out of my way to visit?

Any general recommendations also welcome
>>
>>7341701
Nobody on /ck/ has a passport you dumb weeb

Why can't we talk about normal food: deep fried shitmeat and IPA IPA IPA

Stop lording it over us flyovers by pretending to be able to afford a brief vacation in another country
>>
Whereabouts are you staying? I haven't been back for a decade so I can't suggest any specific places, but if you can get up to the old town in the morning you should still be able to find guys selling dim sum from steamer stands.
>>
>>7342665
Staying in Central
>>
>>7341701
Lived in HK for 4 years

>Never been to Yat Lok but sounds good
>THW is p gud, I recommend
>didn't realize claypot rice was such a big deal, have no idea where the best one is, google it I guess
>I don't like spending the kind of money I'd need to to get good Western food so I dunno. I've heard things about Yardbird but I think it might be hipster nonsense.

Don't go to the Ladie's market
Actually go to Kowloon side
Sham Sui Po is pretty cool

Any more questions and I'll be happy to answer.
>>
>>7344698
Sure. I've been to HK before but left so many things untried.

How long is the usual wait for THW?
I've never tried claypot rice before and it looks pretty damn tasty, figured there might be somewhere special to go for it.

Is Sai Kung worth the trip for the seafood and how does it compare price wise to Lamma island restaurants?
>>
File: jumbo-kingdom-boat.jpg (3MB, 2995x1713px) Image search: [Google]
jumbo-kingdom-boat.jpg
3MB, 2995x1713px
JUMBO KINGDOM
>>
>>7341701
>going to HK after the Brits gave it up
yeah yeah treaty obligations and shit.
One could buy really nice suits there and the savings vs buying them in NY would more than pay for the trip.
>>
>>7344831
THW wait depends on time of day and party size. Can be <15 minutes to >2 hours but generally closer to 1 hour.

Sai Kung is probably better than Lamma, haven't been to Lamma in a while so I don't remember off-hand which one has better prices but Lamma is full of annoying hippy expats and Sai Kung is full of annoying hipster expats but its got better beaches. Either way I don't think it matters.
>>
>>7342626
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>7341701
Lived in HK for 14 years. Depends on what you want to get out of your vacation. If you want to see the actual side of Hong Kong, I'd suggest you check out Mong Kok, Sham Shui Po etc. If you have more time to spare, visit Sai Kung for the seafood and local parks. Definitely try the local fare, including street food, if you're adventurous enough. Check out the Australian Milk Company, but be warned that the servers there will swear and curse at you if you waste your time taking too long to order. Since you're in Central, you should also take the ferry across to Tsim Sha Tsui if you have the time (the train is much faster, but the ferry is more scenic). Located near the ferry terminal at TST is the Arts & Culture center, and the Ocean Terminal mall. Within the mall there's BLT Steak, and BLT Burger, two separate places that offer decent western food. You can tell by the names which specializes in what type of food.
>>
>>7344965
No tourist traps pls
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.