[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alcohol experts wanted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1432045333135.jpg (128KB, 640x438px) Image search: [Google]
1432045333135.jpg
128KB, 640x438px
Hey /ck/

Valentine's is soon. I just moved to Spain and I've been dating a guy for about a month now (so clearly we don't know each other too well.)

I really like him and want to get him something nice for Valentine's. Normally I'd bake since that's my thing but he hates sweets, and he's a much better cook than I am so cooking is out of the question (Spanish cuisine is brand new to me as well. ) I decided on buying him alcohol and a card because Spaniards love drinking and he's no exception.

Well, the catch is that I've never drank alcohol in my life. I know absolutely nothing about it. So I want your help. His favorite alcohol is rum so I decided on that. I asked him in specifics (casually so he wouldn't get the idea I was up to something) and he said his favorite was "brugal, or ron barceló
but there are better ones, out of my range."

So /ck/, what is a rum similar to that taste but nicer. I am willing to spend a bit of money but ~40 euro is my absolute maximum budget for a bottle of a drink. Something that says "Happy Valentine's Day" that he'd appreciate but not something ridiculous/over the top.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks /ck/.
>>
>i'm a grill
Every time. Every single time.

How you should have asked:
>hey /ck/, I'm buying a bottle of rum as a gift. I have a €40 budget. Any ideas?

What, do you think different types of beverages are inherently manly or girly? It's not that way for any drink, rum included.
>>
>>7341211
I didn't really think it through too much, it's 0200 and I was just rambling about my predicament. I feel like people give different alcohol on certain occasions and I wanted to justify my choice of rum and be specific about it.

I guess you are right though, I added way too much information, sorry anon.
>>
>>7341211
Literally everything this guy said.

Why the fuck do we need a life story? I don't care if you love or just like the nigger. Just ask what is good rum, specifying not just your average booze you get to drink for the weekend. Nobody here gives a rat's ass that he's Spanish or whos whats.
>>
>>7341237
>>7341211
Okay what's good rum under 40 euro
>>
>>7341211
>>7341237
Helpful people.
>>
>>7341266
fuck you too buddy

Just fucking run your car in the garage you faggot
>>
Internet says Appleton Estate is a good rum though I don't know how much it cost.
>>
>>7341228
>>7341257
fyi op /ck/ is full of angry bitter virgins and those anons weren't going to help shit anyway ignore them
>>
Ausfag here, I don't know what the pricing is compared to Ausfailia but I'll give you some options.

Ron Zacapa 23
Angostura 1919 (While the 5 and 7 are good as well, this is their most available premium blend)
Flor De Cana (Get the 7yo or above)

If he likes mixing AND quality (though slightly oxymoronic) Goslings Black Seal is a decent drop.

Havana Club 7 Anos is delicious, treat like a sweet scotch.

Those are some of your more basic ones, should be relatively easy to find.
>>
>>7341184
I bet you do all the talking in your relationship, right?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.