[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is a pu pu platter authentic chinese food?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: photo-50.jpg (295KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
photo-50.jpg
295KB, 1600x1200px
Is a pu pu platter authentic chinese food?
>>
lmao sounds like poo poo
>>
>>7339837
>Is a pu pu platter authentic chinese food?
Chinese food is regional. So, what does it matter if it is or not?

It's not. It's part of the Tiki culture that came out of California and other tiki restaurants known for their hawaiian themes. Assorted appetizers in themselves aren't Chinese style...it'd all be served at once. Japanese is the more influence on fusion hawaiian food, so you see, it's kind of an invented kind of thing, a bit of a Luau in abundance, to be served with a wonderful drink and shared. Real luau food, in opposition to Tiki theme food, is pretty different beasts with a heavy influence of fish and soy and rice too, and less on the chinese thing or just roast pigs.

I would say enjoy your slice of americana there, but tiki culture was also popular in canada and in hawaii. It was a pretty big meme for dining out for special occasions in the 80s and those folks who love it still collect totem pole glasses and go to conventions and listen to polynesian music.
>>
>>7339838
lmao
>>
>>7339854
you sound like a tremendous pretentious twat.

and to answer your question, OP, probably not.

also it doesn't matter. cultural exchange goes both ways. Go to Japan. the food touted as american/european is so fucking insane to us and is likely nothing we'd find in a western eatery. it caters to local tastes and there's nothing at all wrong with that.

why do some get such a hardon for "authenticity"? holy fuck i'm triggered.
>>
>>7340978
Maybe because people like to know what the real deal is about instead of just having bastardizations of some cultures food
Not saying food that caters to local tastes is bad though
>>
>>7340978
Also Chinese food in Japan is its own thing.
>>
>>7339838
I think its pronounced" puh puh"
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.