[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ck/, do you grill with the door ajar or the door closed? I was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: pops663w2.jpg (141KB, 900x881px) Image search: [Google]
pops663w2.jpg
141KB, 900x881px
/ck/, do you grill with the door ajar or the door closed? I was always told to do it with the door ajar, figured it was to let some moisture out so your food doesn't basically bake itself, but my new oven is telling me to keep it closed
>>
Are...are you serious?
>>
>>7338876
i assume you mean broiling.
>>7338986
i assume he means broiling.
>>
>>7338876
Ajar, because I was told it would overheat otherwise, but writing that out I realise how retarded it is.
>>
First time I ever used the grill I left the door closed and the whole thing caught fire so I'm not doing that again in a hurry
>>
>>7338876
I have never heard of not closing the oven door, it lets out all the heat.. maybe to cook on extremely low temps?
>>
>>7339596
There wasn't any food in it either, the actual oven caught fire
>>
>>7339601

Broiling cooks via radiant heat, not the hot air in the oven. Opening the door doesn't affect it.
>>
>>7339610
Alright assumed we were still talking cooking not broiling
>>
>>7339604
Damn, maybe the overheating thing wasn't so retarded after all.
>>
>>7338876
When I grill in the oven, I use a pot of vegetable oil and leave the door closed in case there's a grease fire.
>>
>>7338876

In my electric oven, the broiler element will turn off if the oven gets too hot, so I crack the door to allow some heat to escape whenever I want the direct radiating heat from the broiler element.

The only thing I use the broiler for is pizza. I pre-heat the oven on max setting to warm up a pizza stone, which I place about 4 inches below the broiler element, and then when the oven is at max temp, I crack the door and turn on the broiler element to heat the top of the stone, and then to cook my pizza.

For everything else I use my charcoal grill or smoker.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.