[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the ultimate snack food for:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: trinity_college_library_dublin.jpg (3MB, 1750x2335px) Image search: [Google]
trinity_college_library_dublin.jpg
3MB, 1750x2335px
a) Reading?
b) Gaming?
c) Camping?
>>
>>7337522
why do you need a snack food for gaming/reading? just eat a meal if you're hungry. the only reason to have a snack is if your meal isn't ready and you're too hungry to wait.
>>
>>7337522
>a) Reading?
Nothing, just read
>b) Gaming?
Nothing, just play
c) Camping?
Nothing, just camp

The best snack is none so you will actually pay attention to what you're doing rather than having your mind on the DOREETS.
>>
>>7337522
Beer
Beer
Beer
>>
>>7337522
>a) Reading?
Carrots
>b) Gaming?
Dorritos and Mountian Dew
>c) Camping?
Trail mix
>>
>>7337522

>Reading

Nothing. I don't eat when I read. However, a good glass of scotch is what I like to have, Have a sip or two in between chapters.

>Gaming

I don't eat while gaming

>Camping

This is the exception. When sitting around a campfire, who doesn't like roasting marshmallows and sausages?
>>
>>7337522
M&M's
Cheetos
Peanut butter and Jelly sandwich
>>
>>7337590
found the manchild
>>
>>7337522
The answer to all three is salume/charcuterie, cheese, fruit, and bread/crackers
>>
>Reading?
tea and cookies
>Gaming?
dr pepper and jalapeno chips
>Camping?
beanie weenies and canteen water
>>
a) Sultanas
b) Don't do it at all if you value your brain
c) Toasted marshmallows
>>
>reading
Bourbon & Coke
>gaming
Bourbon & Coke with pizza
>camping
Beer
>>
>>7337625
>tea and cookies
Comfy
>>
>>7337522
Beautiful pic. All I wanted to say, don't snack generally, sorry.
>>
>gamer
>>
>>7337522
I want to live in that library

Cheese and wine is good for reading. That or tea, or hot chocolate and a blanket if it's cold.

I don't snack when I game. But I do like to have some instant udon beforehand.

Marshmallows, nigga. Failing that, sausage/hot dogs.
>>
>>7337522
>Reading
Tea or black coffee. Depends on the situation really. In the morning, next to the newspaper? Strong, steaming black coffee. In the afternoon, with the lights turned down a bit? A cup of lovely tea.

>Gaming
Nothing.

>Camping
Marshmallows and bisquits + bottled beer.
>>
>Reading
Who the fucks eats while they read? The only acceptable things are water, coffee, or tea while you leisurely read. Eating while reading is pig disgusting.
>Gaming
vegetable plate with hummus, popcorn, nuts, things that are easy to grab and easy to eat.
>Camping
trail mix, bags of assorted cut vegetables, smores, hot dogs. There's lots of foods that are great to cook over a campfire, but for "snacking", you're best off keeping it simple.
>>
Lots of people drink tea with reading, I'm kinda surprised on that one, I prefer a nice strong irish breakfast blend.

What kind of gaming?
For tabletop you want to avoid anything that'll leave a dust or residue on your fingers if you're handling anything that doesn't belong to you. I prefer pumpkin seeds here.

For video games I prefer clementines.

for camping, since it's presumably an extended time, you want a good assortment of snacks. Say, carrots for freshness, cashews or pretzels for salt, dried fruits for sweet? I can't eat just the same thing for a week.
>>
>>7337522
Oh wow, I saw that picture as a giant brigde going through and over infinite bookcases
>>
>>7337606
I don't disagree.
>>
>>7337764
>for camping, since it's presumably an extended time, you want a good assortment of snacks. Say, carrots for freshness, cashews or pretzels for salt, dried fruits for sweet? I can't eat just the same thing for a week.
Duh. I presume nobody has the exact same snack every time they read or game, either.

The question is which is the ultimate, not which is the only one you will have.
>>
>>7337522
>reading
I never eat when I read. The sound of chewing pulls you out of the fantasy.
Tea and cake if I want to pretend I'm a sophisticated reader and eater.
>Gaming
I usually snack on candy or meat.
>Camping
Jerky, sandwiches
>>
>>7337522
a) coffee, as I'll likely be at a coffee shop and rereading/editing my novel

b) adults shouldn't play games but I'd imagine something like samosas or sweet potato fries

c) my world famous 6 alarm chili
>>
>>7337799
Hah woops, kind of lost sight of the topic by that point, I guess. I'll go with pretzels then.
>>
>>7337522
>a) Reading?
nothing
>b) Gaming?
fucking cheetos? i dunno, i grew out of that shit years ago
>c) Camping?
probably some weenies and some other average campings snacks like smores
>>
>>7337834
The fear of being seen as childish is a pretty childish thing to harbor.
>>
>>7337834
Lets hear more about that chili m8. Bring it.
>>
>Reading?
Nothing. I find it difficult to snack when I'm reading a good book. It just doesn't trigger that part of my brain. However, I do like a bit of wine or liquor, or a cup of good coffee when I'm reading. I used to read in bars a lot.

>Gaming?
Preferably something not too messy. I like to have a hoagie on a good, hard roll for some gaming sessions. That way, every once in a while I can put down the controls, take a bite, and I'm good to go for a while. I also tend to drink most heavily when I'm gaming.

>Camping?
Depends on what kind of camping you're doing. The best is fish and wild game that you've cooked yourself. I also like to bring along corn tortillas, which keep really well, and anything you can imagine to put in them. Hard cheese, tinned tuna, kippers or sardines, salsa, beans, sausage, deli meat, curry, whatever. And I also bring along nuts and oatmeal or porridge. And cowboy coffee.
>>
>>7337522
While not the most proper this is what I'd eat
>Reading
Tea with half a ham sandwich
>Gaming
A citrus fruit soft drink and a chicken lettuce wrap
>camping
Almonds and raisins with a hard boiled egg and some water (or sage tea)
>>
>>7337580
This pretty much exactly.

Tea or whiskey for reading, nothing for gaming, and motherfucking s'mores or fire roast sausages or some such for camping. Although I actually cook a fair bit while camping- the flavor of things cooked over a good old fashioned wood fire is pretty great and really enhances the whole camping experience imo.
>>
>>7337522
Water works for all
>Reading
I like wine, coffee, and tea, no food, too distracting and dirty's the page
>Gaming
Water, no point in adding calories
>Camping
Alcohol
>>
File: c20160210.jpg (124KB, 850x744px) Image search: [Google]
c20160210.jpg
124KB, 850x744px
>>7337522
>>7337547
No eating while gaming/reading.

Camping? BBQ and marshmallows.
>>
>>7337568
My nigga
>>
>>7337522
>a) Reading?
chips

>b) Gaming?
crisps

>c) Camping?
thinly sliced potato with spices
>>
>>7337522
A) deviled eggs
B)Deviled Eggs
C)cheese its
>>
>>7337845
True. But so is enjoyment of video games.
>>
>>7339149
Not deviled eggs for camping? I'd think those would be perfect.
>>
>>7337522
>Glass of liquor of your choice *tip*
>Water, soda, beer, coffee
>Nut and raisin mix
>>
carrots are good for gaming. at least the baby ones. just put one in your mouth and you'll be crunching for a good bit of time
>>
>>7339142
Irishman spotted
>>
File: 1453461677181.gif (1MB, 209x180px) Image search: [Google]
1453461677181.gif
1MB, 209x180px
>>7337625
This guy gets it.
>>
File: 1453411435193.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1453411435193.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>Reading
Tea, cocoa or a glass of root beer. No foods, with the exception of Christmas cookies during the holidays.
>Gaming
Chocolate milk, tea or Dr. Pepper. Some spicy Pringles or cheese puffs.
>Camping
Sausages and pea soup.
>>
>>7337568
beat me to it
>>
>>7337522
Reading: Pretzels (Not Greasy)
Gaming: Gardetto's Snack Mix
Camping: Beef Jerky
>>
something that won't get your hands dirty
something that won't get your hands dirty
whatever the fuck you want
>>
>>7337522
>a) Reading?
For this, I tend to gnosh on gummis, such as Life Savers gummis or jelly bellies...for studying that is. Having some nuts can be nice too, like smoked almonds.
>b) Gaming?
See above. Cleanish fingers. A smoothie is good, or a really large iced tea. Cheese on crackers, something that can nibbled and left alone for 20 minutes and not go bad like that.
>c) Camping?
Depends if a hiking, roughing it, or full on outdoors BBQing glory with a base camp and time and equipment and ice chests. A big one pot of something isn't a bad idea. Chili and cornbread. Some kind of fruit cobbler. S'mores.
>>
>>7337522
>reading
I like having tea, with some shortbread maybe

>gaming
I eat pretzels, grapes or some chopped radishes

>camping
curry, kebabs
>>
>>7337834
You seem like a tremendous twat.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.