[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>MMM crab SO GOOD -everyone Fuck off, it's bland as shit,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: crab-legs.jpg (251KB, 426x282px) Image search: [Google]
crab-legs.jpg
251KB, 426x282px
>MMM crab SO GOOD -everyone
Fuck off, it's bland as shit, the only reason I can figure out why anyone likes crab (or lobster for that matter) is because they drench it in butter. Crab is utterly tasteless at best and tastes like the polluted waterway it came out of at worst. There is NOTHING redeeming about crab at all. The fact that there's a special apparatus for the melted butter you're supposed to dunk it in says it all. Canned tuna is better. Anyone who says otherwise is a complete pleb who just follows the herd.
>>
Crab is shit. Most of the meat is tough and tasteless because it comes from the limbs, and the meat on the body is crap, too.

Fucking lobster tails are tasty as fuck, prepared properly.

Price-wise though, the shit's not worth it. Better to grab a slab of fresh atlantic salmon and bake it in beer.
>>
>>7337391

Yeah, crab is bland as fuck, but lobster has a lot more meat and it's tasty even without butter
>>
>>7337391
I think that's the point, OP. Mild seafood flavor, rather than strong fishiness.
>>
>>7337403
>Complains about crab being tasteless
>Suggests buying Atlantic salmon
>>
>>7337416
There's fish that tastes good (tuna, pacific salmon) but a lot of fish is just tasteless.
>>
Fun fact: People used to be so ashamed that they ate crab that they would bury the shells instead of leaving it in the trash heap because they didn't want their neighbours seeing they ate crab

Crab is a pleb poor mans food
>>
>>7337427

A lot of typical food started being made from literally rich people waste because the poor plebs had to try to make something edible out of the waste.

Don't diss pleb poor man's food.

Even then crab is still shit.
>>
>>7337427
Or, it was because it smelled, and fertilized lawns.
>>
Opinions are like assholes, even crabs have them
>>
>>7337391
I only eat this garbage when in the movie theater and nobody can see my shame
>>
>>7337427
Yeah but wasn't lobster the same? And that shit's delicious
>>
>>7337391
It's really nice, but not really worth the money. I don't dunk it in anything when I have it.
>>
File: 1401141699272.jpg (40KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1401141699272.jpg
40KB, 625x626px
Nice bait.
>>
>>7337628
I grew up in the northwest, every special occasion my family would get a really expensive dungeness crab, and everyone would always gush about how good it is (while dunking it in butter like a fucking chicken nugget). Maybe I'm missing something but I never got it.
>>
File: 1454116963364.jpg (66KB, 500x640px) Image search: [Google]
1454116963364.jpg
66KB, 500x640px
>>
File: 1453389816407.png (328KB, 431x450px) Image search: [Google]
1453389816407.png
328KB, 431x450px
Top kek. So many inferior palates ITT. Kill yourselves
>>
>>7337391
>>7337814
All these shellfish are just a butter delivery method. (Or lemon or cocktail sauce.)
>>
>>7337408
There used to be a law banning feeding lobster to prisoners because it's so bad. Fuck off.
>>
>>7337503
You say that, but I'm pretty sure the way it was prepared when it was considered paesant good was to literally just mash it up. Like, all of it. Sounds shirty desu
>>
Also I've never eaten lobster or crab with butter. Tastes fine 38th out it imo
>>
ITT: People who haven't tasted the greatness that is crab curry.

You're all missing out. Flavors permeate throughout the crab meat. That being said, I cannot deal with crab cooked the regular way. That shit is bland as fuck.
>>
You faggots are just eating shitty crab, bad luck!

I have caught mud crab from NT that day, it is the fuckin bomb, and puts most other seafood to shame.
>>
>>7339116
Fijian crab curry is my favourite, absolutely delightful.
>>
File: cantlers-crabs.jpg (95KB, 480x310px) Image search: [Google]
cantlers-crabs.jpg
95KB, 480x310px
You're missing out on Maryland crabs.

>fuck old bay
>JO #2 seasoning all day
>>
>>7337391
You sound like someone from a flyover state. Here in Washington, we get fresh crab all the time and it does actually taste pretty good. I don't eat it all the time though, mostly because I think it's more trouble than its worth to pick it out of the shell.
>>
>>7337403
>Fucking lobster tails are tasty as fuck, prepared properly.
Shity tastes, tail is like the worst meat on a lobster, there's just a lot of it and it's easier to pull out, knuckle and claw is best and just one of the many reasons spiny lobster and shit doesn't cut it.

>>7338959
They also used to lack modern refrigeration and quick delivery methods, retard.
>>
>>7339146
second. king crab a shit, blue crab a best. there's a reason they'll be extinct soon and it's not eutrophication.
>>
>>7337403
>crab meat is tough
No it isnt. I've never had tough crab meat, even from the legs or claws. Idk what kind of crab you're eating
>>
>>7337477
I always get caught...

>the cracking is too loud
>no outside food.

goddamn these plebs.
>>
>>7337391
Guess I'm a pleb then
>>
Crab is incredibly sweet, that's why I don't eat it much. I would like to try a real Maryland jumbo lump crab cake in my lifetime though. They just look so delicious.
>>
In cultures where the upper class traditionally dressed for dinner food that required grappling with at the table and was thus likely to make a mess was considered lowbrow. There's really no way to eat crab with a spoon or a fork and knife, unless its been made into crab cakes, a seafood salad, a bisque or a chowder. These are the forms it usually takes in upscale Western restaurants. Those serious about Atlantic blue crabs tend to eat them on newspaper covered picnic tables using nutcrackers (and sometimes even mallets) as utensils - not the kind of meal one would dress up for!

King crab became popular because you get more meat out of it for less struggle. It's nowhere as sweet as Atlantic Blue or even Dungeness. Also with seafood freshness matters - it tastes best when cooked and eaten right after being pulled from the sea. When you eat king crab you have no idea how long it's been sitting in a freezer losing what little flavor it had to begin with.

tl;dr Judging crab on flavorless frozen king crab legs is is like judging beef on a can of Dinty Moore beef stew.
>>
>>7339550

If you are lucky enough to get LIVE king crab so that you can cook it without it having been frozen then it's very delicious. Alas, that's not an easy thing to get.
>>
>>7339588
so, like, how big of a pot would I need to cook one of those fuckers live? Would it even be a pot anymore or a barrel?
>>
>>7340431

If you had a whole live king crab then why on earth would you waste it by just dumping it into a pot? Cut that fucker up and you can do all sorts of things with the various pieces.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.