[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is my bugrer undercooked /ck/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: 20160202_153154.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160202_153154.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
is my bugrer undercooked /ck/?
>>
>>7335458
I like my steaks rare to medium rare, but burgers that aren't atleast medium have disgusting texture and tend to just completely fall apart as you're eating them.
>>
>>7335458
Yes
>>
You never learn, do you Jack?
>>
>>7335458
Obviously.
>>
>>7335458
Patty is too thick. Next time half it. You are not cooking steak, it is desired to have thin strips so as to cook it evenly.
>>
>>7335458
>bugrer

I think you brained your damage.
>>
this board is really autistic about burgers

>but burgers that aren't atleast medium have disgusting texture and tend to just completely fall apart as you're eating them.

no

>You are not cooking steak, it is desired to have thin strips so as to cook it evenly.

no

it depends entirely on how you make them

i like thin burgers cause i like a lot of crust, but they're hardly an exact science
>>
>>7335485

also OP no your burger looks medium rare but it's hard to tell from a photo
>>
>>7335485
>my opinion is right
>>
>>7335494

that is the *exact* opposite of what i was saying you loamy bolus.
>>
>>7335458
A little.
Also crust seems weak as fuck.
>>
>>7335531
OP here it was tasty. the other one i had with it was a bit more cooked and the searing was stronger. I prefer my meat rare. This brueger had a texture like some wet puffy pussy lips. it was a good burger. I also fried the onions you see in the fat from the burger and finished it off by pouring about 10ml of IPA to deglaze and give it a hoppy kick. Last but not least I used a romaine lettuce for the first time. I normally use iceburn but I've found the romaine type means I can use 1 leaf to avoid dropping any lettuce and help the structural properties of the full burger.
>>
>>7335531
I need a higher temp oil to get a better crust, maybe get some peanut oil. I had my first five guys last week (english guy here) and i like the taste of their burggers.
>>
How do I make my burger meat stick together better? I use 1 egg for 750g of mince, but it still falls apart slightly.
>>
>>7335544
also you guys might be interested in a little experiment i did a few weeks ago. I had some spare 'frying steaks' that i needed to get rid of. I find they are too thin to cook to my liking and i normally avoid buying them. literally less than a centimetre thick. i decided to mince them, no mincer so i just spent 5 minutes with a knife cutting it until a mince. the problem was the fat % would be ridiculously low for a this use. not a good idea right? i got round this issue but taking the fat from some streaky bacon, and some of the meat too, and incorporating that in the burgher. it ended up as a super tasty treat mixing fantastic tastes of fairly good quality steaks with smoked bacon fat goodness. much better than putting a rasher of bacon in the bun on
top of the patty.
>>
>>7335555
no egg. no breadcrumbs.
100% mince with a fairly high fat %. Form it into patties and put it in the fridge to set. before cooking take them out to warm the outside up for 5 minutes. cook on high heat in a close to smoking oiled pan until almost burned on the first side. only now do you flip. same again on the otherside. let it sit for 5 minutes while you fry some onions, or mushrooms, or otherwise prepare the rest of your birger (toast the buns in the same pan for a couple of seconds, still on high heat.)
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 640x480px
>>7335458
in terms of safety, technically yes it is, but I've been eating cold ass almost raw burgers for years and haven't got fucked up yet
>>
>>7335458
Depends on how scrupulously your meat is sourced. I wouldn't risk supermarket ground beef that rare. Meat I ground myself or had the butcher grind for me that day where I trusted the source would not be an issue that rare.
>>
>>7335616
it was fancy shit from the co-op (top notch brit supermarket)
>>
>>7335462
this.
yes.
undercook minced beef will fuck you up. not the same as steak.
>>
>>7335647
what part of the cow is this?
>>
>>7335474
leave it that thick but nuke in the microwave at >600w for 30s.
>>
>>7335458
Jewcie af
>>
>>7335458

I would eat it. I really don't mind a medium rare burger, but a lot of people are going to say yes.
>>
>>7335647
snake?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulEisLcFEl4
>>
for pre-ground grocery store meat, yes

for a trusted butcher or home ground, not really
>>
>>7335458
Nah, looks good, I'd eat it.
>>
>>7335458
Ground beef should be cooked more thoroughly that steaks because they have a shit load of more surface area for bacteria to grow
Unless the beef has been ground right before cooking, you want to cook the meat somewhat throughly
>>
>>7335647
The fucking thing that pissed me off was that the pussy ass nigga with the tongs wouldn't just grab the fucking thing
>>
File: 1417192065828.jpg (324KB, 719x1111px) Image search: [Google]
1417192065828.jpg
324KB, 719x1111px
>>7335647
Humans need to be nuked, ASAP.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.