[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Foods you hate or avoid at all cost. Feel free to offer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 12

File: brussel sprouts frown.jpg (11KB, 350x220px) Image search: [Google]
brussel sprouts frown.jpg
11KB, 350x220px
ITT: Foods you hate or avoid at all cost.

Feel free to offer why.

>Pineapple
Everything about the taste, smell, and texture just makes me want to vomit. It's irrational and I hate that I can't enjoy it.

>Olives
Pretty much the same, except only with taste.

>Eggs/Fish
Like eggs and would probably like fish, but unfortunately I'm allergic on the Epipen/Cross-Contamination Level.

Pic semi-related, I actually love brussel sprouts.
>>
i don't like water chestnuts at all, that's pretty much it.
>>
>another day, another picky eater thread
>>
File: js.jpg (384KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
js.jpg
384KB, 600x450px
>Exposure, plain and simple. Scientists tell us that aversions fade away when we eat moderate doses of the hated foods at moderate intervals, especially if the food is complex and new to us. (Don't try this with allergies, but don't cheat either: few of us have genuine food allergies.) Exposure works by overcoming our innate neophobia, the omnivore's fear of new foods that balances the biological urge to explore for them. Did you know that babies who are breast-fed will later have less trouble with novel foods than those who are given formula? The variety of flavors that make their way into breast milk from the mother's diet prepares the infant for the culinary surprises that lie ahead. Most parents give up trying novel foods on their weanlings after two or three attempts and then complain to the pediatrician; this may be the most common cause of fussy eaters and finicky adults--of omnivores manqués. Most babies will accept nearly anything after eight or ten tries.
>>
>>7333308
>Dis pasta

I've tried pineapple several times since childhood, it's pretty much the only fruit I dislike.

I try salads with them every few months and while my dislike has lessened, I still hate them overall.
>>
Eggs
Broccoli
Mushrooms
>>
>fast food
Not a fan of cheap meat and greasy shit, also would rather get my calories in a more pleasurable manner.

>breakfast cereal
I never want to eat a bowl of grain flakes in cold milk. Fucking Human Chow.

>heat and eat meals
This is just fast food, but you have to heat it up yourself. No thanks.

>HFCS
I don't think it's any worse than sugar, but it only is an ingredient in garbage tier food, so I avoid it.

>artificially flavored anything
Same as above.
>>
Todays picky eater thread, oh joy.
>>
File: obamaphone_3[1].jpg (38KB, 876x493px) Image search: [Google]
obamaphone_3[1].jpg
38KB, 876x493px
>>7333365
>>
Pickles
Mustard
That's it. I'd eat a dead baby.
>>
gross stuff like insects
>>
>>7333386
fuck you die
>>
Question for you all: why would you come to a cooking board to talk about food you don't like? You are literally analogous to vegetarians who go constantly on about how goddamn terrible it is to eat meat.
>>
Canned mushrooms. Single most unhygenic food there is. So much fecal matter.
>>
>>7333412
I don't. OP does.
>>
>Bittermelon
I'm surprised it isn't toxic with a flavor like that.
>Aampanna
Is this actually a thing in India?
>Masala soda
Same as above.
>Canned "southern style" greens
Usually has SO much smoke flavoring it hurts to eat.
>SUPER XXXTREMELY HOT GHOST PEPPER HOT SAUCE!!
Literally hurts to eat. I love spicy food but this is too far for me.
>Diet Coke
Coke specifically. Diet Pepsi is good. I don't know what Coke does wrong, but Coke Zero is great.
>Diet sweet tea
Not a big fan of sweet tea, so diet sweet tea is something I won't drink. (tried it once)
>Natto
Pretty sure Japs don't even like this.
>Cheap dollar store chocolate
The ones where there is no cocoa in the ingredients. Horrible.
>Silkworm pupae
Tastes like chewy, grainy, dirty leather.
>Vietnamese eggplant
Had it in a jar. The texture is worse than the flavor. The outside is hard and when you go to chew it, slimy seeds spray in your mouth.
>Rapini
Too bitter.
>Dandelion greens
Same as above.
>Alfalfa sprouts
Same as above.
>Red clover sprouts
Same as above.
>>
I was going to say there wasn't any but then I remembered that I fucking hate fennel. And cumin but that's not food
>>
Canned mandarin oranges.
They smell like ripe fish and taste like metal.
>>
>>7334184
i'd like your cumin my mouth
>>
>>7334186

The vast majority of the world has only ever had mandarin oranges out of a can.
>>
>water chestnut
flavorless with an extremely off-putting texture.

>fennel and caraway seeds
hate biting into these things. bitter disgusting taste.

>italian sausage
because of above and the combination of spices. Only form I can tolerate it in is a guinea grinder by drowning it in ketchup.

>cilantro
Want to quickly ruin a dish by overpowering every other flavor? just add cilantro.

>beans
more of a texture thing. pasty and just something about biting into a whole/partial bean
>>
Red cabbage is just offensive to me, I think it's mostly the texture that puts me off. Other cabbage is fine, but fuck that nasty red/purple cabbage.
>>
>>7334178
>Bittermelon
Pussy
>>7334255
>italian sausage
>cilantro
>beans
Babby tier tastes.
>>7334275
>Red cabbage
You, too.
>>
green beans taste like farts
>>
>>7334312
Right on, brother. Don't know how people eat em.
>>
Okra
I actually quite like the taste, I just cant get over the texture.
>>
black licorice. apparently this shit is popular enough to have a lot of fans but IDGI
>>
>>7334336
No one has ever cooked it well for you then. Cooked poorly it's either slimy or fuzzy. Cooked properly it is neither.
>>
Raw tomatoes. Normally if I don't like something I still just eat it, but those literally make be gag.
>>
tomatoes.

Don't know why. Just the texture of them I guess? Bit into one when I was young and gagged.

I love tomato sauce in pastas. Pizza is awesome. Put catsup on everything. But I cannot eat a tomato.

Same thing with deviled eggs.

Love eggs, omlettes, anything eggy. But I can't bite into an egg without wanting to hurl.
>>
>>7334422
and I used to love mustard, at home. Put it on dogs and burgers. I'll eat the mcdonalds and other burgers with mustard on it, but I noticably taste it, but everything else kinda over powers it. At home if I taste it, I can't eat it. That's one thing I grew into hating as adult, but tomatoes and deviled eggs have never been good to me
>>
>>7334426
>>7334422

I did grow into liking mayo/salad dressing. Used to absolutely hate it. Then one summer my uncle, a trucker, took me on a road trip to florida (from Missouri) with him. We got a burger down there and I LOVED it. Asked what was on it, and between the waitress and my uncle we discovered it was the mayo I was in love with. For years I still wouldn't touch any mayo except "florida mayo he brought back from his trips".

Now I absolutely love mayo/salad dressing. Put it on every burger, salad, chicken sandwich, corn on the cob, anything I can get it on.
>>
Pretty much the only thing I really avoid are the super-cheap hot dogs and bolognas. They taste horrible, not even remotely like meat.

Other than that, I have never met a food I really didn't like.
>>
>>7333389
See? Live in the 3rd world and eat bugs and you end up like this guy.
>>
I eat everything and enjoy every type of food except for one:

kimchi.

I can't understand why I don't fucking love it, it's got all of my favorite parts of food combined. Spicy, pickled, fermented... like why the fuck. I've tried it so many times and every time I just can't enjoy it.
>>
>>7333290
Onions, for the same reason OP hates pineapple. It sucks, i can't go out and eat with my friends and family or be invited for a meal somewhere without making a complete ass out of myself for nagging around HOW disgusting onions are. I can't bring myself to eat them. Horrible and i hate that. If i could change that i would.
>>
>>7334184
>hating cumin

What is wrong with you?
>>
Minted peas.
Please not the canned or frozen minted vegetables.
>>
>>7334336
Try fried okra like we do in the south.
>>
>>7333290
i have none that that i avoid at all costs, i'm not a 5 year old child, but i don't eat raw celery at home
>>
>"grown" "adults" disliking food

I will never understand this. The only shit I can't stand is peanuts/peanut anything because I'm allergic.

I've outgrown every food aversion I ever had as a kid
>>
Ketchup. I've mostly gotten over things I disliked when I was younger, but absolutely everything about ketchup bothers me. It sucks being unable to order the majority of burgers without asking for it to be modified.
>>
cilantro. tastes like soap to me.
fennel, and because of this, italian sausage.
eggs- sue me, I HATE them
any strong cheese
Judge me all day but I love damn near everything else in the world, but these kill me
>>
>>7333318
Trying something every now and then isn't the level of exposure he's speaking of
>>
>>7334178
My grandma cooks bittermelon pretty well. The trick is adding a lot of eggs and a bit of brown sugar. My cousins who don't eat vegetables at all like my grandma's bittermelon dish.
>>
>>7333290

I have a real fucking problem with combining savory and sweet items in a dish

they should be separate but equal
>>
>>7334582
I feel sorry for you, anon. Kimchi is fucking great, although I didn't like it when I tried it at first. Just realized one day that I want to taste it again. Have you tried different kimchis from different sources?
>>
rye bread or anise
olives
lamb
cabeza/lengua
>>
I'm not a fan of mango and pear
>>
File: giadass.jpg (20KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
giadass.jpg
20KB, 320x240px
>>7336746
>I'm not a fan of mango

this though I have no problem with pears
>>
>>7333290
"Conditioned taste aversion occurs when an animal associates the taste of a certain food with symptoms caused by a toxic, spoiled, or poisonous substance. Generally, taste aversion is developed after ingestion of food that causes nausea, sickness, or vomiting."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taste_aversion
>>
Apricot

VILE.
>>
>>7336759
Truly, I had some sugar cookies that made me sick as hell when I was in kindergarten. I never make sugar cookies and I'd rather have just about any other kind, though there's nothing wrong with them.
>>
>low quality, large raw tomatoes
this fucking ruins any burger no matter what, they are disgusting, watery and kinda dirty tasting
>avocadoes
I might just be allergic, if I consume them even without knowing they are in something I gag
>corn tortillas
just not a fan of the texture and I am not a huge corn lover so the flavor is offputting as well.
>>
>>7336759
I remember eating some blueberries when I was a toddler and one of them tasted like it was poisoned. It put me off blueberries for the longest time, and I still avoid mushy blueberries.
>>
>>7336752
I'm not a fan of melons.

But I'm a fan of her melons.
>>
Pickles. Hate them with all my guts.
>>
>>7334439
FAT FUCK DETECTED
>>
>>7335400
amerifat detected
>>
File: giadacds.jpg (22KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
giadacds.jpg
22KB, 320x240px
>>7336823

I like melons
>>
>>7336830
>>7336832
same fag detected

also
>no I don't like olives they're icky
>>
>>7333290
beans, can't stand the consistency
>>
>>7334178
>slimy seeds spray in your mouth.
you should be used to this by now
>>
Squash just tasted bitter and off the two times I had it.
Cantaloupe and Kiwi tastes like you're just seating some sort of buttery goo.
Tomatoes in general, but I like the byproducts and when it's mixed together in a BLT, burger, or sandwich for example. No way I'm touching baby tomatoes or eating a tomato by itself, it's disgusting, the entire thing just feels all kinds of wrong, and the seeds get absolutely everywhere.
I'm 50/50 with peas,used to like them when I was younger but as I've gotten older I just like stuff like pea soup rather than actual peas.
Brussel sprouts even when done right taste like you're eating buttery bitterness. My relatives all love it and swear by it, but every time I try it it's awful.
>>
File: vengeful.gif (478KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
vengeful.gif
478KB, 300x200px
>>7336733
>>
>>7336820
Mushy blueberries are absolutely disgusting so I don't blame you. The best kind are those that are still firm and have that slight bit of sourness to them.
>>
>>7337034
don't even get me started on sour cherries dude I'll fight you
>>
Cauliflower
Tomato
Kale
Avocado
Mushrooms
Carrot

That's it really. I'm not generally fussy, but if any of this shit is there I can't eat it.
>>
>>7333412
>why would you come to a cooking board

Shut the FUCK up. I go to /tv/ and I don't watch Mad Men. Who the FUCK cares? Stop being such a woman.
>>
>>7334336
Same here. If I must eat it, I'd serve like a half a tablespoon and mix it thoroughly with rice. I hate it though...
>>
>>7337054
Nah man, the only good cherries are the extremely firm ones that aren't mushy at all.
>>
>>7337132
I SAID I'LL FIGHT YOU
>>
>>7335400
>adults are not allowed to dislike the taste of certain food

Is this a documented fact somewhere?
>>
>>7337136
Sandbox, 10am. We'll have our fight to end all fights there. Leave your stuffed animal at home unless you're not man enough to have a proper slap fight.
>>
>>7337150
I'LL BE THERE BITCH
>>
>>7333290
>Papayas
They smell fucking terrible and their taste is just as bad. Fuck papayas.
>Celery and Radishes
I like most vegtables but I can't eat celery or radishes. Their taste is too strong and overpowering.
>>
File: Edamame.jpg (58KB, 700x484px) Image search: [Google]
Edamame.jpg
58KB, 700x484px
>>7336759
This happened to me after I tried edamame for the first time. it wasn't bad, but I experienced the worst vomiting of my life that night (probably unrelated). I can't eat them at all now
>>
>>7337137
There's no documented fact stating that you have to be a tedious woman to purchase scented soaps in animal shapes, either. That doesn't mean it isn't true.
>>
The texture of cole-slaw is gross as fuck. I try it once every few years from different sources.

Mushrooms as primary ingredient.

Gin is like straight air-freshener to me.

Papaya is fucking gross.

Most any seafood <$20 a plate. Especially mussels/oysters.
>>
>>7333290
Just recently got over my hatred of mushrooms, working on ginger and sausage now. I got some bratwurst, it's not bad.
>>
>>7333290
mild dislike of ranch, but other than that I can pretty much eat every kind o ffood
>>
Olives because they taste disgusting. Mushrooms because they make me feel physically ill for some reason.
>>
>>7336759
my cat threw up after eating chunky wet food once, and would only eat the smooth kind for about a year. even if she was hungry she wouldn't touch the chunky stuff.
>>
Peanut butter and jelly anything. They tastes and textures just really throws me off, always has.

I also detest those pre bagged Julienned carrots. But thats bc i got bad food poisoning from them once.
>>
>>7334206
I've never even heard of mandarins that come in a can.
>>
>Ginger
Saw it next to my sushi one time, never again.
>>
Carrots
Pumpkins

i just bought Sriracha but i don't like hot sauce
>>
>>7333290
bananas
gross and mushy
tomatos
gross and mushy
>>
>>7338008
When I was a kid I crushed a big fat ant, and what came out of it looked like peanut butter and jelly. I fucking think of it every single time PB&J comes up.
>>
Raw tomato. One of my earliest memories was getting some on a taco, and I don't know if they were rotten or what but I just barfed everything in my guts out after the first bite. I try them again every few years and every time they just make me fucking retch like that fat lady trying a brussels sprout.
>>
>>7334819
Don't know man, I really hate the taste and smell and refuse to eat a dish that has cumin in it
>>
>>7338105
>bananas
I thought I was alone.
>>
File: image.jpg (151KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151KB, 1252x1252px
>>
Gb2/pol/ pls
>>
>>7333420
What? What are you talking about? Explain yourself.
>>
>>7334347
Blame Holland for introducing this culinary monstrosity to the world.

I don't even think it was starving food. I think they just made it because they were bored.
>>
Strawberries are the most vile food ever, I get queasy if it's just a small hint of it.

Pork is pretty disgusting as well, but I can usually force it down if it's served by a friend.
>>
>>7333412
Terrible attempt at an analogy
>>
Also, is it still picky eating if you don't eat certain foods, not necessarily because they're gross or bad but for other reasons?

I don't really eat corn anymore for some reason, and generally avoid eating it.

>>7334349
>tfw you like okra raw
it's like natto in vegetable form
>>
>>7336759
I came down with a stomach flu very quickly after eating a piece of cheesecake.

I still don't really like the taste of it, but I don't eat it anymore now since my lactose intolerance shot up desu
>no harm no foul
>>
>>7333290
olives. I genuinely don't understand how a person could enjoy that flavor. It doesn't taste good.
Other than that, licorice/fennel. But that's less a dislike and more of an aversion after I gave myself alcohol poisoning with jager and absinthe.
>>
>>7333301
>dur hur hur this guy doesn't like some things, he must be a picky eater dur hur
I know this is bait, but come on.
>>
>>7337017
>Brussels sprouts
>Buttery bitterness

BUT THAT'S WHAT MAKES THEM SO GOOD
>>
>>7336686
So you need to eat something you don't like daily, just because everyone needs to like everything, right?
>>
>>7339301
Olives are in the same category as salt and vinegar chips, sour candy, and balsamic vinaigrette. That is to say they taste hella good
>>
>>7337206
What the fuck are you even trying to say? It's certainly not "truth" that an adult has to like every food. Retard.
>>
>>7339319
By the logic of this board, yes. If you don't like everything, then you're a child, apparantly.
>>
>>7336830
Gonna be honest here m8, the vast majority of fat fucks are picky eaters. The people who are willing to eat any kind of food tend to be skinny or a bit paunchy if they cook a lot. But the people who will only eat chicken nuggers and ketchup? They're the ones who weigh 250-600 lbs.
>>
>>7333358

I can't understand the dislike for mushrooms.

1 lb mushrooms with 1 lb of Brussels sprouts, wrapped in foil with a bit of oil and spices, thrown into the oven. It's like heaven.

You can add it to tikka masalas, pasta, you can even buy a portobello cap and fry it up solo.

I really don't like the texture of cooked celery. I don't mind it raw, but it just feels odd in my mouth if it has been cooked.
>>
>>7339809
>Mushrooms

For the longest time I hated mushrooms. Turns out the only ones I tried were the standard ones (button, champingon, whatever you want to to call them). Once I tried other types (portabello, enoki, shitake, chantrelles) I was blown away.
>>
Squash. The taste and the texture make me dry heave.
Melons. Don't like the flavor.
Peas. It's like eating a ball filled with pus, absolutely disgusting.
Raw tomatoes. The flavor is off-putting. I love tomato based sauces, though.
Mushrooms. Mostly a texture thing, though. I hate foods that squeak when I chew them. I'm okay of they're used as flavoring.
Most raw green vegetables, as they have this grassy, bitter taste to them that I dislike intensely. I can eat them if they're cooked, but I still don't like them that much.

I hate most salads, but I've discovered that I fucking love Caesar salad. Romaine lettuce is actually really refreshing, but what makes the salad is the dressing. Caesar dressing is a miracle of the universe.

I have a really sensitive sense of smell, and my taste buds are also sensitive, so I also dislike heavily fragrant or spiced foods, as they're completely overwhelming.
I nearly gagged on a piece of Turkish Delight. I can't even stand the SMELL of most flowers, but combine that with the taste? Puke city.
>>
>>7333365
>artificially flavored anything
How do you survive? Do you hunt/grow literally everything you eat.
>>
File: keep-calm-eat-gluten-free-.png (34KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
keep-calm-eat-gluten-free-.png
34KB, 600x700px
I avoid gluten because I'm not interested in putting poison into my body.
>>
>>7340058
I'm not the guy you're replying to but it's really simple to avoid artificial flavors: it's called cooking from scratch. Don't buy box mixes or pre-prepared food. Buy produce, meat, poultry, etc, and cook it.
>>
Mangos.

They're syrupy. They're too sweet. They're the only fruit that's actually bad for you.
>>
tomato sauce. all i can think of is hot ketchup and it makes me gag
>>
>>7340058
I cook my own meals from ingredients I buy. I don't eat snack foods, junk food or convenience foods. Artificial flavors aren't that hard to avoid if you cook from scratch and don't buy cheap chicken.
>>
>>7340062
Unless you have celiac disease, there is literally no reason to avoid gluten. It is harmless (unless, again, you have celiac disease).
And gluten is good for your hair and fingernails.
>>
>>7340074
Whatever floats yer boat i guess famalia
>>
>>7340070
>hot ketchup
Obviously, you've only had shit tomato sauces.
Good tomato sauce should be savory and flavorful, with only the tiniest bit of sweetness.
>>
>>7333365
I bet you're super awesome at parties
>>
>mushrooms
They taste like flaky wax. Even worse if they're in something because they get slimy and I hate slimy foods.

>onions
I hate the smell, the texture, and the unexpected crunchiness if it's in foods I don't expect. It's like soiled celery, which I also hate.

>tuna
Slimy and the smell makes my stomach churl. I've had it maybe twice and I wanted to go at my tongue with a grater.
>>
>>7334178
Oh thank fucking god someone else sees that Diet Pepsi is the best. Everyone else around me loses their minds.
>>
>rosemary-seasoned meat
it feels wrong to me, i cant explain this

>onions
just the smell of them cooking sickens me
its probably my mom who made me hate them though, shes allergic and complains about them

>mushrooms
i read about them and how hood they are but then i try to eat them an im disgusted...

>potatoes
texture; other things with that texture are gross too, its grainy and just- ugh

on the other hand, i like broccoli, brussels sprouts, carrots, etc
>>
i havent been into soda for a while, and ive always hated diet anything, its worse for you than the regular stuff
Thread posts: 126
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.