[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been eating 1500 calories a day to lose weight. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

File: 1500-calorie-day-box_0.jpg (11KB, 308x308px) Image search: [Google]
1500-calorie-day-box_0.jpg
11KB, 308x308px
I've been eating 1500 calories a day to lose weight. I'm surprised how easy it's been.

I eat things like hard boiled eggs, cans of tuna, whole wheat bread, grilled chicken breasts, brown rice, steamed broccoli, vegetable soup, vegetable and chicken curry, greek yogurt, raisins, instant oatmeal, etc.

Anyone else on a calorie restricted diet? On a side note, are Morning Star burgers any good? They've got about 1/3 the calories of beef. I'm thinking about trying the veggie burger at Burger King tomorrow without the fries. It's 310 without mayo or ketchup. 390 with.
>>
>>7330672
Morning Star's "chicken" patties are really good.
>>
I don't call it a diet, it's just the way i eat, but yes, i try to stay under 2K kcals a day, it's really not hard if you use portion sizes and eat good food.

I spent a while training myself with MyFitnessPal and a scale, and now i just estimate. unsuprisingly, i eat a lot like the reccomended guidelines: lots of veg and fruit, lean meats, healthy fats and a moderate amount of grains. Beef or chicken tea is a great snack; sometimes that and an apple get me through till dinner.
>>
Morning Star burgers are decent, but I like Boca brand ones a lot more.

I am also restricting at 1500. I weigh everything now, so portion control saves me a lot of calories and makes keeping under 1500 hella easy.
>>
I don't know how people can get fat. It's so hard to eat too much.

I can vouch for Morning Star chipotle burgers. They don't feel like burgers at all though. There's no chew, and they basically squeeze out of the burger as you're eating. It's just overall unsatisfying as a burger experience.

But besides that, they taste amazing so I just eat them on a plate with rice. I've also stuffed them inside a tortilla with some salsa and a bit cheese. If you crumble it half way through baking and bake it a little longer, it gives it a bit more texture.

For better "meat" I like Gardein's shit, the beef moreso than the chicken.
>>
>>7330672
I got by on 900 a day for a few months.
>>
>>7330797
>It's so hard to eat too much.
Shut the fuck up.

Yeah OP, i'm doing about 1500ish a day also. Lentils, tiny portions, lots of vegetables and other shit I don't really want to eat and telling myself I shouldn't snack or eat between meals until i'm super hungry in a few hours.

eggs in the morning, or nuts/seeds on the drive into work. light lunch of about 500-800 calories. Same for dinner. I miss eating all the stuff I like and not giving a fuck.
>>
>>7330797
>It's so hard to eat too much.

I wish this was true. I really do.
Whenever im dieting its pure misery and once i stop i blow up like a balloon again. This is what being an alcoholoic must feel like minus the headaches...
>>
>>7330849
>As the diet continues have to significantly reduce kcs each month or so to keep losing weight until eventually left with thin soup and boiled beans as food

I wish calories in calories out would work as the books say...
>>
File: 2016-02-01 01.03.47.jpg (1MB, 1885x1060px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-01 01.03.47.jpg
1MB, 1885x1060px
Weekly report
1, -6
2, -3.5
3, -3.5
4, -3

Know what I find is helping me a lot? Sipping on one of the blue monster drinks all day. Only 25 calories per can but it has glucose so it keeps my blood sugar up between meals and curbs my appetite. Really having no trouble at all.

Down side, I'm mostly losing weight in my thighs, wish it was leaving my belly first but I guess I'll just have to keep going
>>
>>7330994
Yeah the heavier you are the easier it is to lose weight. Good luck dude. Eventually you're going to start running and sprinting so you can get your metabolism up. Once your metabolism is sky high, you can eat whatever you want.
>>
>>7330994
>blue
I found two. Is it the one with the blue can, or the blue logo? Both appear to be low cal.
>>
>>7331032
as per the can right next to me
Lo-carb flavor

nutrition facts says 8 oz is 15 calories, 16 oz is 25 calories
try to work that one out
>>
>>7331061
Gosh, these are expensive. Where do you buy yours?
>>
>>7330994
>trying to lose weight
>drinks monster
you fucking idiot, if you're trying to lose weight you should be doing it for your health. Drinking that shit you may as well eat how you were before

this is why fat people stay fat and die of heart disease
>>
>>7330672
>morning star
>1/3 the calories of beef
Not... really. I have the black bean ones in my freezer at the moment and they are 110 calories per patty, with an equivalent beef patty of that weight coming in at just 20-30 calories more than that for 80/20 ground beef. Though, you can do a double black bean burger with all the fixings and a sweet potato and be stuffed to shit, so I suppose it's still a good deal calorically speaking.
>>
>>7331107
It's basically diet soda. Which is basically water.
>>
>>7331120
This isn't true; there have been studies that link artificial sweeteners to weight gain and appetite intensification, and looking at all the fat fucks ordering Diet Cokes I am inclined to believe them.
>>
>>7331129
>appetite intensification

You know, I hear weed (lmao) does the same thing. It's not my problem that people can't control themselves.
>>
File: 1375057060094.jpg (27KB, 460x468px) Image search: [Google]
1375057060094.jpg
27KB, 460x468px
sigh...I miss beer...but been getting into pickles and pickle juice for marinades.
>>
>>7331174
Pickels are awesome because they have intense flavor but little calories.
Vinegar is an important part of my diet which is kinda hilarious.

You by any chance know any other non-vinegar based foods that fit the criteria?
>>
>>7331520
Celery?
>>
>>7331094
yeah they are expensive, if you like them you get the big 24 packs at the grocery store when they are on sale so its only a dollar a can.
otherwise they are like $3 a pop
>>
I've been using the app "lose it" it's been working well. I fucked up last night though. Ate a whole dijornos I'm embarrassed lol
>>
>>7331520
>any other non-vinegar based foods that fit the criteria?

Pretty much anything that's fermented.
>>
>>7330994
I drink so much fucking tea to keep me "busy" when I shouldn't be eating. Like between 5 and 8 cups a day.
>>
>>7330994
update! I weigh in every friday, but today I decided to check and I'm down to 215

I really want to try and get 5 off and be to 210 by sunday because I plan to absolutely wreck myself food wise during that superball thing everybody is talking about
the cheat day to end all cheat days
>>
File: colmans.jpg (16KB, 204x275px) Image search: [Google]
colmans.jpg
16KB, 204x275px
>>7331520
Semi-related, but I add this to turkey and chicken sandwiches in place of mayonnaise. I'd rather have no mayo than light mayo.

1 tsp is 10 calories and it packs a punch. God-tier on grilled chicken sandwiches.

>>7332254
There's always more days to get back on track.

>>7332311
Plan to eat a lot and then only eat half of what you planned. Problem solved?
>>
I calculated I get on average 30% of my daily calories from alcohol. Really, if I just stop then I would get the body image I'm trying so hard to get very quickly.

>>7330713

As a former cardio athlete, the appetite eventually goes away, but the capacity consume vast amounts of food does not. And the entire 'finish your plate' mantra has been drilled into me since day 0. Even eating tons of healthy foods won't cause you to lose weight.
>>
>>7332400
I lost 10 lbs. in the first month of sobriety.
>>
>>7330672
I'm staying under 1800 calories per day. I have been grilling lota of meat on the weekend and eating it all week. I did whole chicken wings with a nice dry rub last week. This week it's pork chops. Next week I'm going to do a grilled meatloaf recipe I've been wanting to try. I mix up my sides with different vegetables. Lost 15 lbs since the new year. I feel like I could do this forever.
>>
>>7332362
>only eat half of what you planned
but I kinda want to cheat
>>
>>7331032
black can, blue logo
>>
I am running into the issue of my body is now use to not eating much so I really don't get hungry, and now I worry I'm not eating enough so I have started eating even when I don't really want to
>>
>>7333215
Same, when I really buckled down on the diet, I was at 500 calories for the day and found myself at 7pm just "kinda hungry" where I thought a small snack might just be fine. sub 1k calories for an adult male can't be good.
>>
File: 1366784298903.gif (735KB, 225x169px) Image search: [Google]
1366784298903.gif
735KB, 225x169px
>>7330713
>Beef or chicken tea
wat
>>
>>7332506
Grilling is great because you get lots of free flavor. Grilled chicken breast vs. pan-seared isn't much of a match. I've been eating a lot of damn grilled chicken breast. It's only 500 calories per pound, so a 1/4 pound "patty" is 125 calories. A hamburger patty is 284 calories.
>>
not OP here, but been basically on a -1000cal/week "diet" of just eating healthier most of the time. i rarely go for fast food, but do indulge once in a while. it helps that my appetite ain't what it used to be. that and going to the gym and lifting heavy has helped burn a lot of excess calories.

basically unless you're really fucking going ham, an adult male should rarely get more than 2500 a day even without trying. 2000 is pretty average if you try just a little and 1500-1800 is not the hardest with some work.

good on all you anons for not being dumbshits about your overall health (of which weight is a key factor, as is regular diet).
>>
>>7331520
Soy sauce is pretty tasty when used properly. I like chilled white rice topped with pan fried diced vegetables with some soy sauce drizzled over it.
>>
File: bovril[1].jpg (140KB, 833x952px) Image search: [Google]
bovril[1].jpg
140KB, 833x952px
>>7333402
Never had it but bongs and hooligans seem to love it
>>
Its easy enough, but I'd rather put on a little muscle so I have more wiggle room when it comes to maintaining a certain weight.
>>
I had this for breakfast and it was 500 calories:

hard-boiled egg, 70
slice 12 grain toast, 100
orange, 70
peach Greek yogurt, 100
28g cashews, 160
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.