[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bacon grease

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 10

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Who else collects it? What do/can you do with it?
>>
File: 1452540806273.jpg (83KB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
1452540806273.jpg
83KB, 640x479px
>>7325012
what the fuck
that shits gotta be moldy by now
>>
You can do the same things you do with any other fat.

I've been making refried beans a lot lately and use a big dollop of bacon fat.
>>
>>7325035
Not if you keep it in the fridge. It'll last for months there.
>>
>>7325044
but what do you do with it?
>>
>>7325012
cook shit with it.
>>
>>7325054
But what does it do to the flavour?
Surely all it does is make things slightly salty
>>
>>7325037
>You can do the same things you do with any other fat.
This. My personal favorite is home fries cooked in bacon grease.
>>
>>7325066
So fucking try it out and decide for yourself, idiot. Do you have to be spoonfed everything?
>>
>>7325012
Make soap
>>
>>7325070
I tried it, it made it slightly saltier.
Am I missing something?
Are you supposed to use it instead of salt on combustible lobster lentils?
>>
File: lon.jpg (6KB, 271x186px) Image search: [Google]
lon.jpg
6KB, 271x186px
>>7325092
>combustible lobster lentils
>>
Bacon fat gets moldy? My grandad had years old coffee cans full of grease above the stove.

The reason it's different colours like that is due to different cooking methods.
>>
>>7325012
I use it to start bonfires. Soak some dryer lint or paper towels in it and you can get a roaring fire going in a goddamn hurricane.
>>
>>7325102

It oxidizes and goes rancid,

Sealed in an air tight container in the fridge it should last years.
>>
>>7325092
It's meant to add bacon flavour, like using stock for stews.

I don't understand how people can end up collecting the stuff, in terms of multiple jars. I always use it up until I need to buy oil again.
>>
>>7325110
One man's rancid cheese is a Frenchman's prized collection.

I've got a jar of bacon grease that smells like shit but I still use it, one I get it into a hot pan it melts down and smells fine.
>>
>>7325051
Cook with it duh.
Or make a bacon vinaigrette
Its basically tasty lard
>>
>>7325598
Rancid fats should be avoided. You can't tell they are rancid by smell, but they wreck havok on your cellular membranes and stuff. That's why vegetable oil is so prolific, it doesn't rot
>>
>>7325051
Its perfect to wipe down the cast iron once you've cleaned it too. Just a thin layer to protect/reinforce the seasoning.

I had to switch to vegetable oil because I was using it to much and didn't have any left for cooking.
>>
>tfw from Thailand
>they used to sell pork oil in bottle
>somehow they stop few years back
because we have people spouting meme that veggie oil are more "healthy"
>>
I use it to make tortillas
>>
>>7325625
Which is the opposite of the truth. Most vegetable oils have a certain amount of polyunsaturated fatty acids, which seriously contribute to heart disease and cancer.
>>
>>7325012
Use it like butter, essentially. It's a spreadable fat.
>>
>>7325679
you really do need lard to make good tortillas

but I'm on a keto diet so I usually eat a pound or two of bacon per week. I save the grease and use it to fry any other meats I'm eating
>>
>>7325902
>diet
>pound or two of bacon per week

What the fuck am I reading.
>>
File: 1451752029619.jpg (124KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1451752029619.jpg
124KB, 800x600px
>>7325911
welcome to keto my friend

eat as much of anything you want as long as it's carb free and you'll shed weight like crazy

I've been doing this diet for about 3 months and I've lost about 40 lbs
>>
>>7325920
and have the breath of a horse
>>
File: 2016-01-18 09.04.19.png (1MB, 674x812px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-18 09.04.19.png
1MB, 674x812px
who /homemadebacon/ here?
>>
>>7325920
Must be great having no energy all day.
>>
File: 1447520276611.jpg (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1447520276611.jpg
2MB, 2560x1600px
>>7325932
>what is oral hygiene
>>7325941
actually that's not the case
I have more energy on this diet than before when I was on a high carb/fat diet. I've started sleeping better, I don't even need a coffee in the morning to wake up anymore.
The diet is literally perfect if you have enough willpower to stop shoving donuts in every hole all day every day
>>
>>7325949

>eats zero carbs

there's got to be some downside here

stop with the fucking fad diets, this is no different from the atkins craze of the 80s.

Just fucking have a solid exercise regime and avoid junk food, I honestly don't see how people have problems losing weight.
>>
>>7325920
>eat as much of anything you want as long as it's carb free and you'll shed weight like crazy
i pretty much do the same thing while eating bread, pasta and potatoes along with dairy, small amounts of meat and plenty of veg. i'm at a perfect weight.
>>7325949
>I don't even need a coffee in the morning to wake up anymore.
i don't need coffee when i get enough sleep either

you don't need to go on a keto diet because you can't control your eating habits and you don't sleep enough
>>
>>7325970
>there's a downside I promise
see this thread to have your arguments shot down
>>7323938

>>7325977
>i'm at a perfect weight.
exactly, a healthy diet will maintain a healthy weight, keto will drop pounds to get you at a healthy weight.

Also I still sleep the same amount of time as before I changed diets. What else could it be?
>>
>>7325986
>exactly, a healthy diet will maintain a healthy weight, keto will drop pounds to get you at a healthy weight.
just eating less will make you lose weight without going on some fad diet too

>Also I still sleep the same amount of time as before I changed diets. What else could it be?
maybe you lost weight and don't have bad sleep apnea anymore. overweight people generally have poor quality of sleep because of breathing problems, pain, etc.
>>
>>7325990
>just eating less will make you lose weight without going on some fad diet too
the appeal is that you don't have to eat less
hell, you can eat more and feel full nearly 100% of the time while still dropping weight every week

>maybe you lost weight and don't have bad sleep apnea anymore.
I noticed the change after a week or two after I switched diets, at that point I had only lost maybe 5lbs
>>
>>7325012

My dad has a small rice bowl he fills with bacon grease. He uses it for various things but the most memorably was green beans w/ little bits of salted pork.

Shit was DIVINE.
>>
>>7325990
Shit tons of refined cereal grains and sugar is a fad diet.
>>
>>7325066
You've never had eggs cooked in bacon fat? It totally changes the flavor. I feel bad for you
>>
>>7325990

It's pretty hilarious that the naysayers have gone from saying it doesn't work to saying, "well you don't NEED it lose weight its just a FAD"

Can't stump the keto.
>>
This is disgusting.
>>
>>7325998
>hell, you can eat more and feel full nearly 100% of the time while still dropping weight every week
that doesn't sound healthy for someone who isn't overweight

>>7326255
>if you're not on the keto diet you eat a ton of refined grains and sugar
okay

>>7326319
you can lose weight eating nothing but candy every day, it doesn't make it healthy
>>
>>7326337

That's because candy has carbs.
>>
>>7326337
Keto isn't for maintaining a healthy weight
fatten up on a high fat/carb diet then lose the weight with keto
>>
>>7326350
>carbs are EVIL!!!
>>
>>7326369

Yes.
>>
>>7326375

No. It's what people pushing fad diets wanted overweight people to believe, like they found out some huge secret that'll let them lose weight because simply eating less wasn't a possibility.
>>
>>7326393

It literally is better than calorie counting though, you should check out a show called My Diet Is Better Than Yours, it's where a bunch of "celebrity" diet shills got together to see whos diet works best. Actually don't bother I'll just tell you what happened.

>wild diet came in first place, wild diet is basically what most people call paleo, and barely any exercise
>the guy lost 87lbs and 22%bf in 14 weeks
>second place was the superfood swap which is just eating less and doing heaps of cardio
>the girl lost 53lbs and 13%bf

So you lose weight faster than conventional diets, and the weight that you lose is more fat than muscle.
>>
Use in place of any oil!
Greasing pans and baking dishes, making cornbread or other savory pastries, the uses are endless. Yorkshire pudding (with beef tallow and bacon grease mixed) was my newest use for old meat grease.
>>
>>7325012

You can soak a rag in it and make a bacon-scented torch with it.

My frat makes bacon grease tiki torches for our annual pig roast.
>>
>>7325012
Usually it helps with cooking other meats, especially pork.
>>
File: tumblr_lr7ao9LbrX1qj8dnxo1_500.jpg (38KB, 500x355px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lr7ao9LbrX1qj8dnxo1_500.jpg
38KB, 500x355px
>>7325012
I found these under my buddies bed, so I guess this must be a common thing to do? I'm gonna take one and see if I can sauté with it or something.
>>
>>7325012
I usually just collect meat grease in a coffee can until the can is empty, then I through it away. I don't poor that shit down the sink because it'll build up in there.
>>
>>7326430
you gain muscle by exercising, and you lose it by not exercising. men and women don't treat bodyfat the same way either, women naturally have more.
>>
>>7325012
I use it to make popcorn. It's way better than butter
>>
>>7326692
PRAISE JIZZUS!
>>
I don't save it. I just cook bacon any time I need bacon fat. Made bacon tonight to use the fat for clam chowder. Chopped up the crispy bacon and dumped it in before serving.
>>
mushrooms taste 5000% better cooked in bacon grease
>>
>>7326716

>you gain muscle by doing cardio

Anyway it's obvious you don't know shit about fuck so byebye idiot, it's pointless talking to you.
>>
>>7326821
are you saying you lose muscle by doing cardio? just running means you're using your legs to move your bodyweight, they'll get bigger and stronger. maybe if you do an extreme amount of cardio and don't eat enough, you'll lose muscle.

>shit about fuck so byebye
>swearing and talking like a child
why? don't you feel embarrassed?
>>
>>7325012
soap
>>
>>7327100
I don't think fat people are capable of feeling shame, if they were they wouldn't have let themselves go like that
>>
>>7325012
-Melt and use for a vinaigrette for a spinach salad
-Melt and use to make a fantastic mayo
-Sautee any fucking thing in it
-Like another poster said, make tortillas or other savory dough (biscuits, pasta, empanada dough, etc)
-Use for the fat element of good rillettes.
-Drop in bowls of ramen noodle soup right before eating
-Mix with roasted garlic puree and butter, then make a great spread for awesome garlic bread
-its fucking bacon fat- get creative, chances are that even if it doesn't work, it will taste good
>>
>>7325012
reminds me of those bottles filled with cum over on /b/. if you are the same person be carefull that you don't mix them up..
>>
>>7325920
>eat as much of anything as long as it's carb free and you'll shed weight like crazy
Unless you're shitting the food straight out or violating the laws of physics or are some sort of human radiator, no you won't.
>>
>>7326319
>can't stump the keto
can't veto the keto would've worked much better you nigger
>>
make a roux with flour, add milk.

white milk gravy.
>>
>>7325012
make bacon poutine
>>
>>7325012
I collect it in a quart mason jar as well. I fry eggs in it almost every morning. You can also use it for biscuits in some cases.

>>7325066
Which means use less salt. Problem solved.
>>
>>7325012
NIGGA YOU BETTER CONFIT SOME PORK BUTT IN IT.
>>
>>7327100
Fat people who are ambulatory at all have huge leg muscles already, and you can lose a lot of muscle mass on cardio depending on how you actually work the muscles.

>>7326319
Keto is fucking terrible for your liver and circulatory system. Also, when you eventually go back to eating carbs you will gain a shitload of weight back. An obese person is probably generally healthier than someone who's been in ketosis for an extended period of time.
>>
File: images[1].jpg (4KB, 120x90px) Image search: [Google]
images[1].jpg
4KB, 120x90px
>>7332938
>>
That's fucking cancer in a jar, especially the brown parts.

Don't eat it, put a twig in it; bacon-scented candle.
>>
>>7333078
Actually that's not a bad idea.

Also, I'm sure you could get up to some hippy crafts type shit with it like curing hide or whatever.
>>
bake asparagus in a little bit of bacon fat, delicious as fuck.
>>
I still have a little bit of goose fat left in the fridge from christmas dinner. It makes roast potatoes unbelievably delicious.
>>
>>7333233
That's delicious.
You can buy goose (and duck) fat in supermarkets.
(Could be expensive in some countries.)
>>
I only keep a small coffee can of it. I honestly don't use it for very much because it has a specific flavor and it's not always the one I need. It's great for breakfast food though. And for frying/sauteeing some vegetables.

I tend to use vegetable, achiote, and peanut oil more often, as well as butter.
>>
>>7325939

I used to make my own, it's called buckboard bacon. But then my fridge broke and lost $100 worth of belly in there and never got back into it. Shame it was so fucking tasty, beats any store brand stuff out there

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?s=e9331796f24359020656e3090350125e&t=182672
>>
>>7325012
Make soap out of it
>>
>>7325098
this made me laugh
>>
>>7325012

just fucking use butter, retard
>>
Please tell me Marisa isn't trapped in there.
>>
File: 1360869915138.gif (726KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1360869915138.gif
726KB, 300x168px
>>7326731
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.