[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /ck/olesterol, e/lit/ist here. I was reading a book the other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: fishhead.jpg (991KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
fishhead.jpg
991KB, 2000x1500px
Hi /ck/olesterol, e/lit/ist here.

I was reading a book the other day and I came around something that made me wonder. Why is it, that when fish was served at feasts back in the, they used to place the fish head on a plate at the table?

I've read about this over the years, but I started asking myself why this last reading.

It it to show that it was fish and not something else? To show that it was fresh? Why did they do it?
>>
to allow you to stare into its cold dead eyes as you eat its flesh as though your devouring its very soul.
>>
>>7322836
Asian here, we still do this. That is, the guest gets the fish head to show respect. It's just that white people have lost their heritage and the closest thing they have to having anything resembling pride in their own culture is when they complain on the internet that minorities are why they're not a winner.
>>
>>7322836

Fish heads is good eatin'
>>
>>7322869
Gtfo ching Chung chong
>>
>>7322895
Never post here again you huge faggot
>>
>>7322836
They're tasty but a large part of the West no longer finds animal parts other than muscle or a bit of fat to be appetizing. Americans are so bad that they don't even like flavorful animals anymore. Some people can't handle the idea that it comes from animals; they want prepackaged, ready to cook pieces of meat as if they were something made in a factory.
>>
>>7322836
Because maybe they invited the fish and he just wanted to hang out at the table with his friends?
What do you got against fish OP?
>>
>>7323044
>>7322922
Samefag harder weeb
>>
>>7322836
Wasn't there something about old fish having cloudy eyes, if the fish were fresh showing the head with clear eyes would be proof of it.
>>
>>7323052
This sounds like it makes sense

>>7322941
>>7322869
>>7322874
They aren't cooked, it's the raw head, like in the OP.

I think pretentious snobs do it to this day too, place the head on a plate.
>>
>>7323163
That's really weird. Where I come from the whole fish including head is cooked and served especially with larger fish. The cheek meat is amazing, and some people like the eyes as well.
>>
>>7323052
I was taught to look at the gills. You want them red and fresh, not pale.
>>
>>7322836

You should probably ask /his/.
>>
>>7323911
My nigger. There is something very very satisfying about that. I was surprised when I visited my friend a few weeks ago, we ate trouts and she filleted them, cut off their heads and picked out the bones before cooking with a tweezer. Her parents are manchildren so they only eat it that way.

>>7322869
>gooks showing respect to fish head
kek, why not just use it to make fish stock or a soup? Head is the best part for that.
>>
>>7322869
This is wrong and stupid. Asian here who has resteraunts connections. We do it to prove what fish it is. Lots of cheaper resteraunts(chinks) use similar fishes and claim they are more expensive fishes. Most people are stupid and cannot differentiate between white fishes. Same reason fish heads are kept with bodies at auction
>>
>>7324046
So freshness and types of fishes? Anything else?
>>
>>7324046
No, idiot. I mean at home, and the head gets eaten. Not decoration to avoid fraud in your terrible Chinese takeout.
>>
>>7322836
omg is that fish okay? did he live???
>>
>>7324757
>this is what vegans actually believe
>>
>>7322836

fish heads
fish heads
roly poly
fish heads
>>
>>7324757
Yeah, he's fine.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.