[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /ck/ I need a good recipe for a pizza crust . got any favorites ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: pizza_dough.jpg (13KB, 350x273px) Image search: [Google]
pizza_dough.jpg
13KB, 350x273px
Hey /ck/ I need a good recipe for a pizza crust . got any favorites ?
>>
>>7321412
I definitely have a favorite. Anyone else?
>>
>>7321475
care to share it, or did you plan on keeping it a secret ?
>>
>>7321481
Ancient Chinese secret. You didn't ask for recipe. You ask if we had favorite. So solly.
>>
>>7321475
I have a really good one. Lets fuck.
>>
lrn2baker's percentages
>>
>>7321412
No yeast
70% humidity
Rolled very thin
Final destination
>>
>>7321412
http://www.varasanos.com/Dough/PizzaRecipe.xls
>>
>>7321516

>I need a good recipe for a pizza crust

he didn't ask for a favorite, he stated he needed one.

now fuck off, eat your chicken tendies and do your homework you mouthbreathing autist. this board is 18+
>>
>>7321864
VIRUS
>>
Mix 2 teaspoons of yeast, 14oz of warm water, and 3 1/2 tablespoons of dry milk in a bowl and let sit for about 10 minutes.
In a separate bowl mix 5 cups of flour (use either bread flour or all purpose), 1 heaping teaspoon of salt, and 1 heaping tablespoon of sugar.
Next combine the two bowls and mix them together, adding two tablespoons of a vegetable oil as you mix.
When you get solid ball, knead it for 10 minutes.
Cut the ball in half and then place it in two slightly oiled bowls and refrigerate covered for at least 3 hours.Makes 2 12" pizzas.
When you're ready to bake preheat your oven to 500 and then take your pan and add two tablespoons of oil (I use a 12" cast iron pan). Place your dough in the pan and spread it out, then add your sauce/herbs/cheese/toppings.
Bake for 15 minutes.
When you see the crust golden brown, take it out and slightly lift the pizza up, check to see if the crust is done evenly throughout, if the middle still isn't quite cooked enough, put it on the stove for a minute or two.
Let sit for 2 minutes and then serve.
>>
>>7321412
I like sourdough pizza crust.

300g flour
100g water
200g sourdough starter or poolish (1:1 flour:water by weight, mixed with some yeast and risen overnight)
12g salt
30g olive oil

Mix the flour with water in a bowl, cover it and and let it sit for about 20 minutes.
Then add everything else, mix it up and let it sit another 20 minutes.
Knead the dough until it's smooth and let it rest for another 20 minutes.
Stretch and fold the dough, rest it 10 minutes. Repeat a couple times, then cover the dough, let it rise overnight and then make a pizza.
>>
>>7321412
This dough doesn't have any sugar or oil in it to promote uneven browning. The idea is to get those nice charred spots around the edge instead of the crust turning uniformly brown. You'll need a very hot oven for this to work, ideally 300 C or more. It also uses a very long fermentation time along with a preferment, because lean dough tastes very boring unless you ferment it well.

Preferment:
180 g flour
180 g water
1 g dry yeast

Mix together and ferment in room temperature for 12-16 hours.

Final dough:
preferment
275 g flour
150 g water
8 g salt
2 g yeast

Mix together just until you get a cohesive mass, then rest for 30 minutes.
Then knead until well developed and you have a smooth ball, around 10-15 minutes by hand.
Put in a bowl and ferment in the fridge (7 C) for 12-24 hours or until it has about tripled in volume.
Divide into three 250 g portions, shape into balls and flatten. Wrap individual portions in plastic and store in the fridge until needed, for up to 48 hours. If you want to make a pizza right away, rest the dough for at least 30-60 minutes in room temperature or it may be a pain to stretch.
Take a piece of dough out of the fridge 30 minutes before stretching. Preheat your oven while you wait, as hot as it gets, hopefully with a baking stone.
Stretch the dough until thin enough. A 250 g portion will make a pizza around 30 cm in diameter.
Top your pizza. Try to restrain yourself and don't add too much topping or you'll end up with a soggy crust. 150-250 g of toppings is plenty.
Bake for anywhere between 5-15 minutes, depending on how hot your oven gets. You want a small amount of char on the edges.
Rest on a wire rack for 3 minutes before slicing and serving. Apply final garnish, if any.
>>
The wolfgang puck one.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.