[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /ck/, I'm a Fraternity boy. For an event tonight, we

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

File: blog-075[1].jpg (148KB, 873x615px) Image search: [Google]
blog-075[1].jpg
148KB, 873x615px
Hi /ck/,

I'm a Fraternity boy. For an event tonight, we need 8 pounds of taco meat for tacos.

How do you recommend I do this? Any recipes or guidelines? This needs to happen cheaply if possible.

Thanks
>>
What Fraternity? SAE here.
>>
>>7321124
trade some dumb wetback magic beans for taco beef
>>
File: gross.jpg (84KB, 650x963px) Image search: [Google]
gross.jpg
84KB, 650x963px
haha fraggots. BRO I BET YOU DRANK SO MUCH IN THAT FLIPPY CUP GAME LAST WEEKEND.
>>
File: 1453423494552.jpg (69KB, 712x750px) Image search: [Google]
1453423494552.jpg
69KB, 712x750px
Cancer
>>7321129
Especially this
>>
>buy eight pounds of ground beef
>season accordingly

You're welcome.
>>
>>7321137
Shut up, fucking geed
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>7321129
Fag.
>>
>>7321124
If your college has a culinary program, ask one of the teachers if you can use their institutional sized cookers, or at the very least, borrow one of their stock pots. You'd want a 12 quart pot at the very minimum.
>>
>>7321129

THERE WILL NEVER BE A NIGGER SAE
>>
>>7321167

this. if not, go to the supermarket, acquire a disposable roasting pan, 8 packets of taco seasoning and the beef.

spread the meat pretty evenly in the pan and roast it at 425, mixing it up well at least once, until it's look browned and cooked through and the fat has come out. pour off as much of the grease as you can, mix in the seasoning packet with some hot water and put it back in the oven until it's good. serve in the pan

if you want to make it a bit more than basic, thinly slice two onions and a handful of peppers- jalapeno, bell, cubanelle, whatever. if the store has escabeche, get them and chop up a half cup or so and add that. if not any pickled pepper will do. add the veggies to the raw meat and make as above.
>>
>>7321237
>pour off the meat juices and fat
>replace with water
don't do this. you're just going to make your taco meat blander and drier than it should be. everything else you said is okay though.
>>
>>7321129
still no niggers I hope? #StayWhite

>>7321124
first check for any ground beef with "managers special" that usually has a coupon on it because its going to expire soon. if none of that is available, you can usually find a 3lb tube of ground beef for the cheapest price. it has higher fat content but who cares, that just feeds more people. get a few packages of taco seasoning too, some fresh veggies for toppings, and maybe some spicy salsa too. if you really wanna save cash, you can go to taco bell and load up on their sauce instead of buying salsa.

oh and make sure there arent any niggers in your frat, like our boys at SAE. they drive the cost of everything up and complain when they cant afford nuffin.
>>
>>7321237
So the beef is supposed to be cooked in the pan and just kept warm / given an outer crisp in the oven?

And I'm putting water in the pan with meat and seasoning? This should evaporate away in the oven?
>>
File: the frat supper.jpg (81KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
the frat supper.jpg
81KB, 720x479px
>>7321129

PA
>>
>>7321266

yes. you have to heat it through again after you add the spice packs to make it turn out right

not too much water, just enough to mix in the spices and make it nice. it should not be runny at all. dump the spice packets on the cooked drained beef, add a splash of hot water and mix it all up. if it looks dry, add a little more. taste it as you go.
>>
>>7321259

with hamburger it's going to be 90% grease and minimal beef juice. It will be absolutely disgusting if you don't pour off the extra grease, there'll be plenty fat left to make it tasty. the splash of water is to make a sauce with the spice packet, it has a little masa in it.

OP if you don't drain the fat from the hamburger your taco party will be remembered primarily for the rivers of orange shit that flow from everyone's anus tomorrow morning
>>
>>7321260
>if you really wanna save cash, you can go to taco bell and load up on their sauce instead of buying salsa.

Do not do this unless you're literally having a Taco Bell themed party, you will never live it down.
>>
>>7321446
>caring what frat boy faglords think
>>
>>7321273
Sacrilege.

All of you will know what it is to be roasted in the depths of the Satan's Hell this day, I can tell you!
>>
>>7321462
this. serve whatever shitty food you want, it won't matter once these queens get the 10 beers in them they need to start jerking each other off
>>
>>7321439
that depends on the fat percentage of your ground beef. don't buy fatty ground beef and throw the fat away.
>>
File: hololaugh.gif (295KB, 700x704px) Image search: [Google]
hololaugh.gif
295KB, 700x704px
>>7321124

>i'm a fraternity boy
>>
>poop in large pot
>add 5 bottles of jagermeister
>add 10 bottles of rophynal
>1 case of natty lite
>stir in 5 dave mathews band albums

Bake for 69 minutes ate 420 degrees in the oven in your rape dungeon

Your welcome
>>
>>7321219
You can hang him from a tree but hell never sign with me
>>
>>7321129
SEXUAL
ASSAULT
EXPECTED

>>7321124
fag. put sage in it
>>
>>7322286
>caring this much about your little mutual masturbation club
aww, thats cute
>>
File: 1443459063998.jpg (21KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
1443459063998.jpg
21KB, 576x432px
Can't believe how triggered /ck/ is by someone mentioning they're in a frat. This is r9k-tier bitterness.
>>
>>7321129
daily reminder that you're a piece of shit for buying into a racist and homophobic cult.
>>
>>7321129
Phi Alpha
>>
>>7321124
your thread is full of shitposters so I'l help you out

1. just do the white person thing and use mince beef, cook some onion, add the mince, add powder seasoning
this will be your cheapest option

2. do the meat on a spit, marinade slices then jam them together on a spit over a barbeque or NATURAL charcoal fire, don't use briquettes
shave the meat from the outside periodicaly as it cooks
this option will give you heaps better meat, but more expense and fuss

3. slow cook pork shoulders in pressure cookers with seasoning till if falls off the bone

also for your consideration

make a chilli sauce that is actually hot
make a fresh salsa
>>
>>7323586
also fuck you for being in a frat, you are scum
if you don't know why being in a frat makes you scum, you belong in a frat
>>
>>7321266
normally you cook white people taco meat in a frying pan. 8lbs of meat is too much for that so that poster is telling you to cook it in the oven. put it in a roasting pan like you would use for a turkey and bake it.
>>
>>7323586

>2. do the meat on a spit, marinade slices then jam them together on a spit over a barbeque or NATURAL charcoal fire, don't use briquettes
shave the meat from the outside periodicaly as it cooks

not OP but do you know how fucking hard this sounds
>>
>>7323782
Hard? Dear God, yes.
Worth it? Yes.
>>
>>7323790

yea

you're literally asking some fratboy to take a huge fucking piece of meat, marinade, slide into strips, stack them on a fucking huge-ass spit, and stick it in a huge fucking rotisserie oven or gyro device and then shave fucking slices off like a filthy Greek restaurateur

the mental image is priceless
>>
>>7323586
>slow cook
>pressure cookers

Choose one.
>>
>>7321124
I'm going to suggest Ground beef with a low fat content .
>>
>>7323796
Bruv, I regularly spit roast meats over fucking open wood fires alone. Been doing so since high school. A fucking salt-pepper rub is all that fucker needs, if he actually pays attention to what he eats, instead of just scarfing it down like a starved Will E. Coyote.
>>
>>7321259
If you use ground beef and taco seasoning, if you do not pour the grease out, it is a soupy mess at the end. The reason you pour the grease off and add water is to mix the seasoning in and the water evaporates leaving just seasoned beef behind. He does not want taco beef soup. He wants taco meat. Have you ever even cooked anything?
>>
>>7322450
it's all poor plebs who go to community at best or still in high school even for probably 85% or more of them. What else would you expect.
>>
>>7323837
wile e coyote. not will e. it's not your man junk. don't destroy my childhood please.
>>
>>7323930
Is that what frats are in 'Murica? Damn, I almost feel sorry for you fags there. Almost.
>>
>>7323984
Most frats are university but some in community but not very strong branches. That is what I meant by it
>>
>>7323796
>the mental image is priceless

indeed. I'm fratboy was smart he went with the taco spice packets and ground beef.

I really want him to post back and share results but I know the chances of that are basically nil.

we should have some form of legal remedy against posters that don't deliver results after asking advice. maybe drones.
>>
>>7321129
Phi Alpha Gamma
>>
>>7321124
We did a taco function last semester. Get a ton of beef, and instead of getting taco seasoning, just use cumin. It's literally the whole flavor.

Don't let sororities buy the food. They don't know how to shop.
>>
>>7323369

haha no.
>>
>>7323369
More like homoerotic. Ever heard of "walk the elephant" or letting the house dog lick PB off your dick, or playing eat the biscuit? All these things are used to haze new members.
>>
>>7325988
The trick is finding a balance in hazing. Don't do gay shit, don't physically strike the pledges. Everything's fair game at that point.
>you wouldn't be doing pushups on broken glass right now if you had picked up all the glass
>>
>>7321124
This is tacos on the cheap: Large bag corn tortillas. Fry them up till just before crispy i.e. crunchy but can still bend. Fry ground beef; before done, add katchup and brown sugar to taste. Put meat in tortillas with shredded ice burg lettuce and shredded sharp cheddar cheese. Fill tortillas with meat, cheese, lettuce, and taco sauce to taste. Old school L.A. recipe for tacos on the cheap.
>>
>>7321124
>frat
kill yourself
>>
>>7321259
spotted the flyover fag
>>
File: Crispy pork fucks.jpg (23KB, 406x305px) Image search: [Google]
Crispy pork fucks.jpg
23KB, 406x305px
Roast a pork butt. They're usually the same price or less per pound than ground beef.

Once you can pull the butt apart, do so. Mix the shredded pork around with its juices in the pan, adding your taco seasonings. If you have packets I guess use that, if not use garlic, chili, cumin, cilantro, salt, and pepper.

Cook the mixed pork at a high temperature to crisp it for ten minutes or so, then mix it up again. Repeat until you reach the desired level of delicious crispiness.

If you prefer beef to pork, beef chuck roast is the cow version of pork butt and is usually not terribly expensive.
>>
>>7321124
Get a pork shoulder. It'll be about 8 lbs and will be about $1/lb.

Get some cloves, cumin, garlic, oregano, and brown sugar. Salt + pepper the meat, then rub with spices and throw in oven until it's done.

Then shred the meat, soak in its juices, add more spices, and broil to crisp it up.
>>
>>7321129
>>7321124
>>7323378
>>7325946
Phi Delt here. Getting off of probation next semester. Pretty hype
>>
>>7321124

Haha faggot. No one cares if you're in a gay little fraternity you could have asked this question without adding that.

>inb4 a bunch of insecure manbabies start talking about how superior they are than GDI's
>>
>>7323984
Nah. Look up some SEC schools formal vidoes. That's what that shits about. Of course different areas will have different fraternity cultures. It's just hard to beat the SEC's. Big 12 is a close second I would say. Followed be ACC, then Big 10.
>>
There's two ways to go here, perhaps in combination:

Cook in a frying pan, lubricated by fat, constantly chopping any pieces that aggregate with a sharp spatula. Leave it for too long and it will burn up or aggregate into large chunks; You need a big pan or many batches for this. Best-case is still going to be a bit chunky and dry, but the browning will taste magical.

Slow-cook in a pot with a sizable amount of cold water, mix thoroughly before heating. This doesn't achieve the same sort of Maillard browning as pan frying, but it comes out tasty and has a ridiculously fine smooth texture.

Either way, you're going to want to add some combination of: Dry packets of 'taco seasoning', beef boullion (mostly salt, but dat extra...) , cumin, cayenne pepper.
>>
>>7328451
does anyone else here hate americans and everything about them?
>>
>>7321129
Phi Alpha.
>>
>>7321136
Minnesota faggot detected
>>
why do american fraternities do no swordfighting?
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.