[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything food / cooking related that triggers you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

File: 1441390898177.jpg (20KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1441390898177.jpg
20KB, 500x281px
Is there anything food / cooking related that triggers you?

>"we got cupcakes anon"
>over half of the cupcake is just icing
>>
I don't even work in a kitchen anymore, but it still haunts my dreams.
>>
>>7319649
what is it?
>>
>>7319659
I think it spits out orders to the kitchen. When you're slammed it's a nightmare.
>>
>>7319649
Fucking triggered. Jesus christ, when the tickets get to be several feet long..
>>
>>7319649
I'll hear it when I'm in a restaurant and feel bad for even ordering food.
>>
>>7319649

/thread
>>
If you are hungover and open a bag of dough made the night before.
>>
>>7319702
Whenever someone had to reset it during a rush and didn't tell anyone, those metre long test chits would give everyone a heart attack.
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 397x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 397x450px
>>7319633
>in fast food drive through
>give customer their change and receipt
>it looks like they're putting it away
>everything is going smoothly
>hands back receipt. "I don't need this."
Even worse:
>hand customer their order
>everything is correct, they have everything they need
>"Have a good day!"
>they just sit there and don't drive away
>think "oh shit, what's the problem now?"
My #1 trigger is admittedly pretty trivial
>hand customer their food
>"Have a good day!"
>Can I get some _____sauce?
>trigger level: 5%
>"Sure thing. How many?". I have to ask.
>_____ sauce.
>"How many?"
>trigger level 50%
>uhhhh, just a handful
>trigger status critical
I ASKED YOU HOW MANY. ANSWER WITH A NUMBER.
>>
>>7319649
My dishwasher makes the same noise as the ticket printer. Finish the rush and smoking a cig, I would always think it was going off and I would rush back in to check the printer but it was always the dishwasher. Stress levels over 9000
>>
>>7319776

Just give a handful nigger
>>
>>7319776
90% of places actually ask you, after you pay, if you want any sauces (i.e. the cheap ones ketchup/mustard/mayo/arbys/horsey/etc, I'm not talking about the ones that come with chicken nuggets and cost extra)... I'm not going to adjust my routine for the few people like you who don't, because then I'd weird out everyone else.
>>
>>7319776

Fast food workers are literally retarded.
>>
>live in jew york shitty
>work at a turkish gyro place
>customers are so retarded i have to ask chicken or lamb meat otherwise they call back to complain
>one guy actually asked me why i asked him for the meat when he said doner
>cant say how stupid the average person is so i said im just making sure

absolutely infuriating
>>
>>7319776
Shit, the only time I refuse a receipt is with booze, but only if they ask. If they just hand it to me I take it.
I honestly don't know how people survive in jobs with tons of public relations. I did security for a year which turned out to be a glorified customer service role and it probably aged me by half a decade. Loading trucks now in a shopping homedelivery warehouse and couldn't be happier.
I still cringe when I see people not being polite to employees though. Doesn't fucking cost anything and it can really help their day.
>>
chefs that try to act like Ramsay. It's always the young ones too.
>>
i hate cupcakes. literally no way to eat it without making a mess.
>>
>>7319944
Yeah, because of all the fucking icing. A thin layer is all you need to have something edible, but instead they just dump overwhelming amounts of sweet shit on them and call it good.
>>
File: tickets.gif (3MB, 845x473px) Image search: [Google]
tickets.gif
3MB, 845x473px
>>7319649
>>
>>7319944
>>7320274

It's a much better system to buy the icing separately in those little dispenser packages and just empty it straight into your mouth.
>>
>large salad with grilled chicken
>coat it with 300-500 calories worth of dressing
>>
>>7320324
How fat are you, fatty mcfat fat?
>>
>>7320685
This so fucking much

Also why the hell does everything have so much salt? If i eat outside everything is just so oversalty it is not even funny. It's hard to find places where they balance salt right.
>>
>>7319851
gyro is traditionally a pork dish. this is pretty clear for everyone who have the slightest idea of greek culture, as they are neighbors to islamic turkey and they hate each other. it's the same prep like doner but it's a different dish just to piss the turks off.
>>
>>7322510
>gyro
>pork
>not lamb
wat
>>
>>7322668
now how to prove this...
let's take a look at greek wiki:
https://el.wikipedia.org/wiki/%CE%93%CF%8D%CF%81%CE%BF%CF%82

and translate some with google:
Round called the dish consisting of pork pieces from different parts of the animal. In tastier round him meat from the neck of the pig. Called by the Greek round or else spin that makes the meat on vertical metal skewer that is passed to cook around its axis, with fire on one side. The tour is made with minced meat - such as the famous kebabs - but also with chicken meat. Available wrapped in pita bread (unleavened bread), as well as serving. Served with different salads - characteristic tzatziki - tomato, onion and French fries. Today in Greece the round with meat is banned by relevant market regulation due to health violations that had occurred [1].
>>
>>7319649
>>7319659
>>7319666
What sound does it make?
>>
>>7323328

>chhzkbrrrummpschtuqschtuqschtuqvrrzzzzst
>>
>>7319897
I refuse receipts because I hate pocket clutter. It's not like I'm going to go home and audit my spending on what I paid for lunch... It's just gonna end up in some trash can anyways, plus I usually figure the person handing me one has a trash nearby anyways. If they can just not print me one: even better.

Thinking about it now tho it might be a little rude to just ask someone to throw away my garbage that was part of their job to gibe me inthefirstplace. I'll try to refrain from now on and just toss it myself on the way out. I try to be a good customer.
>>
>>7319802

not in America,

most places don't give you ketchup or mustard packets unless you ask,

even if you order french fries from the drive through, no ketchup in the bag unless you ask for it.
>>
>>7319776
>ANSWER WITH A NUMBER.
1 (one) handful
>>
>>7322692

Isn't that Schwarma and not Gyro tho?
>>
"Catsup" cring everytime.
>>
>>7322692
In all of my years I've always had gyros with lamb.
>>
>order a meal
>dollar bills bottom, receipt middle, and change on top handed to me all at once
>they are always in some fucking rush so the change falls everywhere

This triggers me so hard. Literally why do you fucking retards do this to me?
>>
File: 1448166484974.png (380KB, 888x960px) Image search: [Google]
1448166484974.png
380KB, 888x960px
>>7323375
this nigga
>>
File: 1408225814394.jpg (362KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1408225814394.jpg
362KB, 1920x1080px
>>7319633
>hair in food
>simple burgers poorly constructed
>gratuity charges
>imitation meat
>"artificial"
>unrelated music to dining atmosphere
>that noisy sports crowd
>kids who turn to stare/breath down neck
>being on your phone at the table
>mopping cleaning bathrooms and in and around tables and chairs
>complete disrespectful, neglectful, convict attitude/service
>having to join in on the happy birthday
>wasted food that could feed all of New York's homeless every night
>not cleaning your plate and dishes at home
>Dr. Pepper and Jack Daniels!! FUCKED UP!!!
>when the non stick spray don't do shiiiieeet
>soda caps and jars lids smelted together by reinforced steel
>cutting pizza and the slice rips when pulled out
the underneath of a fridge
>>
>>7323390
It may trigger you, but...

Ketchup and catsup are simply two different spellings for the same thing, a modern, Westernized version of a condiment that European traders were introduced to while visiting the Far East in the late 17th century. What exactly that condiment was and where they found it is a matter of debate.

Menu
subscribe
What's the Difference Between Ketchup and Catsup?
By Matt Soniak LIKE US ON FACEBOOK

Ketchup and catsup are simply two different spellings for the same thing, a modern, Westernized version of a condiment that European traders were introduced to while visiting the Far East in the late 17th century. What exactly that condiment was and where they found it is a matter of debate.

It could have been ke-chiap from China's southern coastal Fujian region or it could have been kicap (a Malay word borrowed from the Cantonese dialect of Chinese, also spelled kecapand ketjap) from Indonesia, both of which are sauces based on brined or pickled fish or shellfish, herbs and spices. Whatever it was, the Europeans liked it, and as early 1690, they brought it back home with them, calling it catchup.

The early Western versions of the sauce - which, starting in 1711, was sometimes called ketchup, another Anglicization of the Malay name popularized in the book An Account of Trade in India - were pretty faithful to the original Eastern ones, with one of the earliest recipes published in England (1727) calling for anchovies, shallots, vinegar, white wine, cloves, ginger, mace, nutmeg, pepper and lemon peel. It wasn't until almost a century later that tomatoes found their way into the sauce, in a recipe in an American cook book published in 1801. In the meantime, another alternative spelling popped up, mentioned in a 1730 Jonathan Swift poem: "And, for our home-bred British cheer, Botargo [a fish roe-based relish], catsup, and caveer [caviar]."
>>
>>7323590
Whoop. Guess I could have edited my copy/paste. Oh, well.
>>
>>7322510
The greeks eat and griw lamb and goat. Those are the animals, liveing in the mountains.
>>
>>7319633
In uruguay we had to pay a "service charge" at restaurants (basically they charge you for using their plates and napkins)
>>
> go to nice and quiet local coffee shop
> about 20 people here studying, reading, on laptop etc.
> two patrons, sitting directly across from each other, start holding a conversation loud enough for the whole place to hear

WHY
>>
>>7319633
Steamed brussel sprouts
Such a great vegetable & people turn it to mush & make it bland
>>
>>7322510
this is false

t.greek anon
>>
>>7319776
youre dumb as fuck and deserve to work in fast food industry
>>
>>7323328
pretty much the same sound like every printer in that size
it's more about what you associate with it
and hearing that noise 1 hour without any breaks while preparing 20 meals at once with only two people in the kitchen is pure torture. But hearing that sound 5 minutes before the kitchen closes and after you cleaned up the huge mess that happened during the peak time feels like a cleaver hacked into your guts

I was not very fond of my job
>>
>>7319776
>>hands back receipt. "I don't need this."
so what?
>>
>>7319633
>"Organic"
>"GMO free"
>>
Goddamn customers who sit around and drink/talk for 1 hour THEN decide they're going to order apps.
>>
>>7319633
>burgers that are too stacked to pick up and eat meaning you need cutlery
>rice pudding made without pudding rice if you're not using leftovers
>gf putting crosses in the bottom of brussel sprouts then complaining they're shit
>people not putting pepper in their neeps
>>
>>7324363
You have autism
>>
>>7324392
>>burgers that are too stacked to pick up and eat meaning you need cutlery

why do they do this
>>
File: Rc9hobB.jpg (54KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Rc9hobB.jpg
54KB, 500x500px
>order something online for pickup
>there's a box for a tip
>pay the tip preemptively online
>arrive to pick up food
>host prints out the receipt for me to sign
>there's a second tip box even though the tip I paid online is already included in the price
>be made to feel like a cheapfuck even tho I'm not
>>
>>7319776
holy shit nigger
>>
>>7324440
It's hip and trendy right now to make burgers with an inch thick meat patty, a whole avocado, a block of cheese, a whole romaine heart, bacon, half a tomato, ramen, and a fried egg and your mothers nuvaring. It's fucking ridiculous and makes me cautious to order a burger anywhere in case it comes out and ends up being a 3 foot tall monster burger.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (763KB, 1195x1035px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
763KB, 1195x1035px
>>7324441

Practice and repeat until your crippling social anxiety goes away:

Step 1: Just tip online. Don't fill in the second tip box. Repeat for your next 10 orders.
Step 2: Put a $0.00 in the second tip box. Repeat for the next 10 orders.
Step 3: Put a $0.00 in the second tip box while making aggressive eye contact with the high school girl working the counter. Lick your lips as you do this. Repeat until the manager asks you to never come here again.
Step 4: Register on reddit and post on https://www.reddit.com/r/chicksfalling/ and https://www.reddit.com/r/rights4men until your suicidal ideation becomes unmanageable
Step 5: Place the ending theme from Welcome to the NHK on infinite replay and hang yourself from the ceiling fan

Congrats! You have overcome social anxiety!
>>
>>7324467
Lol wtf
>>
>>7324467

That shit is only saving you $6 if your time is worthless.

Fast food costs a little bit more because of the speed/convenience.

I never order fast food, but still. Get your shit straight.
>>
File: alwaysway.png (4KB, 211x66px) Image search: [Google]
alwaysway.png
4KB, 211x66px
>>7319649
This motherfucker. Also, ours would get jammed up periodically and orders would get missed and it was just a giant clusterfuck
>>
File: thrust.gif (17KB, 200x250px) Image search: [Google]
thrust.gif
17KB, 200x250px
>>7324234
I work at a cafe like this and when I do have really loud ass patrons, I do walk over and tell them they need to keep their volume down as politely as possible.

One loud hick woman got assblasted about this and complained to the company's higher up, who told her that she isn't welcome if she is being loud and disturbing other paying guests.

mfw
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.