[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can any locals tell us what "NY pizza" actually entails?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 11

File: pizza.png (424KB, 572x413px) Image search: [Google]
pizza.png
424KB, 572x413px
Can any locals tell us what "NY pizza" actually entails?
>>
File: 1449179263080.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1449179263080.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>
>>7319409

got anymore of them dank maymays
>>
>>7319394

Thin crust with a thickness factor of about .075; plain cheese is the gold standard; puffy, crispy, slightly chewy rim; cooked in a deck oven at 550F or so without a screen for 5-8 minutes. Probably made with General Mills All Trumps flour; probably made with Stanislaus tomato products. Dough probably cold fermented for 24 hours-- the good stuff, anyway.
>>
>>7319465
What does that mean in English?
>>
>>7319394
I'm from NY, and I'm pretty sure it's a meme. Just like fresh bagels on a Sunday morning and a bacon egg and cheese from the local deli.
>>
>>7319485
Pretty tasty, but nothing to write home about.
>>
>>7319394
Better Ingredients. Better Pizza
>>
Well from what I've heard it's something about the water they use to make the dough. Jews sacrifice white children to bless the water with kaballah heeb deliciousness. That's why the meme has spread so far

Kike magic
>>
>>7319546
Honestly, all white children should be kosher slaughtered to make the mazoh

t. the Mosaiach, Rebbe Menachem Schneersen
>>
>>7319546
its true though, the NY city water has a mineral content that is ideal for bread making

it has been tested, pizzas made with water from different cities in the same oven with the same ingredients at the same time, the only X factor was the water.
and in a blind taste test the NY pizza won out unanimously

>>7319394
it is thin enough to get crispy on the bottom but thick enough that there is still some chew and a light natural sweetness

the water quality is just straight up incredible, that's all there is to it.
I remember the first time I had a drink of tap water in florida I was fucking stunned that people actually have to drink that shit, and then I found that to be the case everywhere. it all tastes like fucking chlorine and dirt
>>
>>7319556
Shut the fuck up, attention whore
>>
>>7319556
but human flesh is trayf - the joke has to work on its own terms or it doesn't work at all
>>
Ya got some schmutz on ya face, OP. Sloppy eater, shoah!

>protip: nyc pizza is nothing special
>protip: water is not more important than literally any other ingredient
>>
>>7319578
water is more important because any other type of ingredient can be replicated, and as a matter of fact should always be coming from italy.
how many pizzerias in your town are using buffalo milk mozzarella and san marzano tomatoes?
because that's what most pizzerias in NY are using unless you are at a place owned by asians or arabs in a ghetto
and that leaves the water as the difference maker
>>
>>7319576
Shut up kike
>>
>>7319591
Substitute Italy for California

The best do
>>
>>7319556
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6XU8IA3PNg
>>
>>7319595
california doesn't make anything good, name one thing california makes that isn't made better somewhere else?
you can't
>>
>>7319601
Orannges, asparagus, garlic....should I continue?

The list goes on
>>
File: 1446826400798.gif (945KB, 330x319px) Image search: [Google]
1446826400798.gif
945KB, 330x319px
>>7319591
Wow I'm floored, how wrong I was

>m-muh dirty sewer water
>"all the difference in the world, r-right guys? you're behind me, right???"
>>
>>7319606
florida, peru, anywhere in the eastern hemisphere
>implying a dust bowl like california even has enough water to make healthy crops
enjoy your sand vegetables
>>7319615
>dirty sewer water
know that bottled spring water you guys like to buy? that's what we have on tap
http://www.dec.ny.gov/lands/58524.html
>>
>>7319620
Wow dude...I guess you may be somewhat right...these other places might be just slightly better because that's their ONLY specialty. California has the most varied climate which makes it a bastion of God-tier food across the board

>in b4 jealousy from not living in California

(Also you're as naive as fuck to think farms in California don't get the water thy need. Source: Mom's husband works at a water company in Southern California)
>>
>>7319620
Spring water. Ok. We can take a step back then:
>water is more important because any other type of ingredient can be replicated
Huh. So if I want to make the Best Pizza In The World™, can I just buy some 24 pack of spring water at walmart for a few bucks? That's not so bad, overhead on pizzas is great anyways, we'll pass on the minimal extra cost to the customer!
>>
>>7319646
So I trust what some guys wife's son said?
>>
NY 'za is good and is typically made in some pizzeria owned by some family who has been making plain pizza that appeals to the masses for generations, but it is really nothing special. NY pizza was a meme before memes were invented. That's all.

You can find better pizza in CT, like at Pepes or Sallys.
>>
>>7319674
That's up to you I guess

But it is a fact that the best crops from California go to 5 star restaurants around the world. This is just a fact my friend. Nothing more, nothing less
>>
>>7319601
>>7319620
You're a fucking mook who knows nothing.

California is the fucking garden of the US, look up any fruit or vegetable besides corn and potatoes, and chances are that most of it comes from California. The entire Central Valley is nothing but farms. Southern Califormia is full of citrus and avocado orchards. NorCal is full of fruit orchards of every type, including apple, mandarins, satsumas, pears, plums, grapes, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, cherries, that go on for miles and miles. The country's capitals of garlic, asparagus, eggplant, and more are here. I'm sure you've seen Blue Diamond brand almonds and other nuts, yep that whole production is here too, and it's HUGE.
Driving up highway 99 (aka "The Garden Highway), you see huge farms and dairies on both sides, for hundreds and hundreds of miles, and interspersed with that are Kraft cheese factories, Campbells, Del Monte, etc. Literally getting milk, vegetables, and fruits STRAIGHT from the farms.
The Delta area (in-between San Francisco and Sacramento) is filled with rice farms. At the port of Sacramento, there's a giant row of rice silos, ready to ship all over the world.
IDGAF if you think California is full of idiots, those idiots supply this country and some other parts of the world with the food you so callously shovel into your mouth.
Why the fuck do you think the drought and resulting water crisis is so fucking important?
>>
>>7319674
kek

also new york pizza is thin, greasy, pretty tasty shit. It's a different pizza experience than what you get in chicago or (obviously) california. I will always prefer chicago pizza but there's nothing wrong with a good NY pizza slice.

also
gyros > philly steaks > pizza
>>
>>7319732
montana here, stop sending us people who hate living there please
>>
>>7319465
He's right. You have to fold it to eat it, too.
>>
>>7319732
Thank you anon...I love you

It's so obvious that amazing crops come from California that I didn't try to defend it. California's climate is so diverse it grows most everything well.

Just Eurofags thinking they're superior again, Let em believe it I don't care.

Im from Modesto in Northern California in the central valley. I know how agriculture is in California (It's amazing)

Orange County oranges

Ripon almonds

Stockton asparagus

Gilroy garlic

These are literally God tier and that's not even counting everything that's great-tier (which is pretty much everything)
>>
>>7319620
As a Floridian, California oranges are definitely better.
>>
>>7319739
Then stop having a better cost of living and better economy
>>
>>7319760
we're trying
>>
>>7319570
>and in a blind taste test the NY pizza won out unanimously
Not from the ones I've seen
>>
>>7319780
rejecting conservative economic practices isn't trying, its literally the opposite of trying
>>
California pizza is better
>>
>>7319784
while i was joking, you are completely right. i wanna say it was 42% obama in 2012. thats pretty good for a state many people call the alabama of the north. that title belongs to ND.

part of that reason might be all the rich people who retire here and make resort towns like whitefish, gentrify the area and so on. we are a super duper white state.
>>
>>7319789
California pizzas are happy pizzas

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5wBTdfAkqGU
>>
californians and new yorkers are by far the most annoying people on the planet and this thread proves it
>>
>>7320303
Flyover pls
>>
>>7319556
>buying a 4chan pass
the autism
>>
Some day I'm gonna visit the USA and then I'm gonna go on a crazy fast food bender where I just hit all your crazy ass fast food joints. I want to try it all.
>>
>>7319394
the water in the dough
>>
>>7320343
the farmer in the dell
>>
>>7319394

Actually being good pizza.
>>
>>7319409
delete this
>>
>>7319780
top kek
>>
>>7320303
Can't say I disagree.
>>
>>7319394
>get NYC pizza
>its all thin crust
into the trash
>>
File: 1310408064982.jpg (10KB, 441x408px) Image search: [Google]
1310408064982.jpg
10KB, 441x408px
>>7319394
>mfw chicagofags put crust on their lasagna and called it pizza...
>>
Chicago style>>detroit style>chain pizza>>NY "pizza"
>>
>>7319394
It literally means absolutely nothing
>>
>>7319521
Don't ever leave New York. All you'll do is bitch about not having access to the food version of everything you just posted
>>
>>7322435
*good version
fml
>>
>>7319678
>'za
Stop it now!
>>
>>7319732
>look up any fruit or vegetable besides corn and potatoes, and chances are that most of it comes from California
That's not how you spell Mexico
>>
>>7319591

What's so special about Italy
>>
new york style pizza is literally only good in the immediate area of new york city, long island, and north jersey. try it anywhere else (or get suckered into one of the dozens of sleazy shitholes in the tourist trap parts of manhattan selling what i would qualify as bootleg pizza) and it's hugely disappointing

that is to say, the reason it's good isn't necessarily the style (although it is far superior to chicago pigshit doughloaves) but rather the availability of better-than-usual ingredients and a local tradition informing all of the established pizzerias how to do it right
>>
I feel like New York pizza relies on the popular idea that mobster Italians have some major sector in the city and that their taste in food must surely have diffused into the whole city

Can you even describe New York pizza? Chicago pizza can at least be named, it's thick in crust and almost like a lasagna or a heavy pie. What's the deal, New York? Or is it just that 'New York Pizza' is a way of saying pizza you buy in New York? Can I make New York pizza with all the same ingredients in Texas?
>>
>>7323187

Is this a joke post, or just a completely ignorant Texan?
>>
>>7319409
I dont get why this gets so much hate. Would eat.
>>
>>7319601
Santa Maria style BBQ Tritip. Nothing like it.
>>
>>7319570
is ny's tap water really that good? so we are talking about an alkaline water supply system right?
>>
OP is ignorant of cultural analogs.
This is hilarious.
Let me explain this to you:

Chicago="Big Shoulders"=Proudly Overdone=Lasagna Pizza=Deep Dish

NYC="Big Apple"=Bigger is Better=Giant Flat=NY Style

American Basic="Everything in the Middle"=Basic American Pizza

The true pizza is "Napole' Margherita", which looks nothing nor tastes nothing like Pizza outside of Italy.
The sauce is saucy, the cheese isn't shredded, the crust is more breadlike (not sourdough), etc.
It also doesn't contain most of the common american toppings, including pepperoni, with the exception of peppers.
>>
>>7323463
Actually take 10 minutes of your life and read about it on Wikipedia or something.
>>
New York tap water.

+1 for bagels.
>>
>>7319394
fuck all
>>
It's pizza from New York.
>>
File: 232.jpg (26KB, 604x437px) Image search: [Google]
232.jpg
26KB, 604x437px
http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/01/does-nyc-water-make-a-difference-in-pizza-quality.html

>NYfags BTFO
>>
>>7319570
The water thing is such a crock of shit, it's not the water, it's people in other places being retarded about actually making pizza, I only use filtered or distilled water and my pizza comes out just as well as the local pizza places. The only thing NY water has going for it is that it's relatively soft compared to other places
>>
File: KevZFIjk.jpg (24KB, 382x384px) Image search: [Google]
KevZFIjk.jpg
24KB, 382x384px
>it's ouah watah
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (128KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
128KB, 1920x1080px
>>7325096
that guy looks like simply sara
>>
>>7319409
There he is. There he goes again. Look, everyone! He posted it once again! Isn't he just the funniest guy around?! Oh my God.

I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark, lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room, giggling like a like girl as you once again type your little /ck/ thread up and fill in the captcha. Or maybe you don't even fill in the captcha. Maybe you're such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a 4chan pass, so you just choose the picture. Oh, and we all know the picture. The "epic" Anchovy pizza, isn't it? I imagine you little shit laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos on the floor, but it's ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh, that's right. Did I fail to mention? You live with your mother. You are a fat fucking fuckup, she's probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all goddamn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on 4chan posting pictures of an anchovy pizza. Just imagine this. She had you, and then she thought you were gonna be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand, and then you became a NEET. A pathetic NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear.You've become a parody of your own self. And that's all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he's done a million times now. And that's all you'll ever be.
>>
>>7325620
Slow cooker guy, is that you?
>>
>>7325620
I thought this was a pasta, but wait it isnt?
or is it?
>>
File: breakfastneo.jpg (69KB, 638x960px) Image search: [Google]
breakfastneo.jpg
69KB, 638x960px
>>7325620

Pretty close, anon, except that my mother has emailed me every month, for the past three years, asking for an update, or just to hear my voice.
>>
>>7325701
>being new

Yes, its pasta
>>
>>7319747

You missed artichokes.
>>
>>7319739

Sorry, but between eviction due to high rent and pissing off some locals I'd prefer being seen as "that asshole from california".
>>
>>7326193
Ah yes, Castroville

I also forgot that some delicious fucking strawberries and other produce come from Watsonville
>>
>>7326232

Yup, ad doesn't Salinas have some good exports too? I might be mistaken, I haven't driven the 5 or the 99 since I lost my car.
>>
>>7326240
They sure do, they're right in that same area as castroville, gilroy, watsonville. It's a cool, moist mild climate that's still warm enough to grow crops
>>
File: STA711-2.jpg (38KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
STA711-2.jpg
38KB, 300x300px
>>7323463

NY tap water has nothing to do with it. That's a myth/bullshit. It's about technique mostly, and ingredients. Water has virtually zero impact

>California

California is where NY pizza gets its tomatoes, mostly. Escalon Valley, CA makes the best canned tomatoes. NJ also makes some good ones, but Escalon is the place
>>
File: image.jpg (240KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
240KB, 1000x1000px
Sicilian slice all fucking day. Tony's on dekalb and knickerbocker in bushwick. Lived off that shit for 3 years.
>>
Ayy gimme a slice an i'll tell ya, joey
>>
>>7326290
i love lasagna
>>
File: scared.jpg (686KB, 1293x716px) Image search: [Google]
scared.jpg
686KB, 1293x716px
Is that true that new York is facing a grocery store and supermarket shortage?

I'm from rural Alabama and my cousin which visited NY it said that over yonder you folks have almost no grocery stores like the rest of the states. If so how do you guys get your groceries? Farmer's markets?
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.