[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long can I keep a burrito in my backpack before it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

How long can I keep a burrito in my backpack before it's definitely going to give me diarrhea? I hit the gym then go to the library most days, I need a big meal right after the gym so I figure a burrito is a good idea. Does anyone have other suggestions? The goal is something with tons of protein and around 1200 calories
>>
>>7317339
>I need a big meal right after the gym
Why even bother going to the gym then? That big meal is negating all your work. All you need is a protein shake after a workout.
>>
Think rice is the problem. I had rice-based leftovers in my bag for about 9 hours on Monday, finally got round to eating it and have felt bloated ever since.
>>
>>7317339
Would you still eat
>lettuce
>bread
>rice
>chicken
>sauce
thats been stashed inside a shelf for 8 hours? Yes you would, so whats the problem with burritos exactly?
Plus, tortillas hold up super long without getting soggy compared to most breads
>>
>>7317344
This has to be b8
>>
>>7317339
id say you probably have at least 24 hours, assuming it is pretty warm (cold temps slow bacteria growth so you'd have even longer). even after 24 hours it isn't certain you'll get diarrhea, unless you are a delicate little flower.
>>
>>7317344
I only eat like twice a day so my meals have to be big. I'm also bulking, so it's ok to have carbs and stuff

>>7317348
Yeah that concerns me. I feel like it's going to turn everything to mush, especially the tortilla. If I omit rice what would be a good replacement?
>>
>>7317359
Beans
>>
>>7317359
>If I omit rice what would be a good replacement
Orzo.
>>
As a man who has lived in a place without a fridge, I'm going to say 12-16 hours at room temperature. That's assuming it wasn't contaminated when you got it.
>>
>>7317353

are you retarded? most people think you shouldn't eat perishable shit that's been left out longer than 4 hours, and that's at room temperature, not rolled up tightly while still hot and stashed inside a bag.
>>
>>7317348
>>7317359

bloating and mush is not the only thing you have to worry about with rice, it can kill you
>>
>>7317339
Just get your food after the gym
>>
>>7317344
because he's cultivating mass, not trying to become some sissy trap (which you should consider doing though cause that's dank)
>>
>>7318077

I tried to go trap mode but my penis isn't feminine enough
>>
>>7318123
=/ mine is but I need to lose like 25 pounds. no thanks.
>>
>>7317339
Are you a college freshman?
>>
>>7317348
Lol you got fried rice syndrome
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacillus_cereus
>>
>>7317339
You are retarded, first of all. You don't need to get >muh 1g of protein per pound of body weight in the 30 minutes after you work out. That shit is made up. It is literally 100% made up by /fit/ autists.

Second, your burrito isn't going to go bad for like 12 hours, although I'm just basing this on personal experience and not science.
>>
>>7319867
>You don't need to get >muh 1g of protein per pound of body weight in the 30 minutes after you work out
Blasphemy.
>>
4 hours you are good, six hours is pushing it. Anything after that and you are playing russian roulette.
>>
>>7317782
dumb, is your house some kind of air borne disease factory? I have eaten pizza that was left out for over 30 hours with no problems on multiple occasions.
>>
>>7319923

what has happened and what could have happened are not always the same thing, you twerp.
>>
I like how people think foodborne illness is just going to give them diarrhea for a day, even though thousands of people die from it every year and thousands more are left with permanent damage to their body (anything from PI-IBS to brain damage or paralysis).
You don't "need" a big meal right after the gym.
>>
>>7320403
fuck off ya benign tumor, lick a shit.
>>
>>7320448
probably because that stuff is incredibly rare

Many many thousands of people die in car accidents every year, that doesn't mean we should avoid driving, or walking near roads
>>
every faggot on /ck/ has the weakest of fucking stomachs

fucking tendie chomping babies I swear to god

use your nose you asshole
>>
>>7317339
>I need a big meal right after the gym
no, you don't. you have hours and hours to help rebuild (build) your muscles with extra protein. if there really is no place to get a decent sized meal that's convenient from your gym/library sessions, bring non-perishables. you want calories? bring cashews, almonds, and other nuts. some carbs? banana or a granola bar. hell, since you're bulking, bring all 3
>>7317344
shockingly, not everyone is a fat tub like you. skeletons do exist in this world and they want to get more muscles
>>
>>7319867
This guy is right. Research has proven that 20g protein post workout is the sweet spot for protein synthesis, with some carbs along with it to increase absorption. Any more than 20g barely provides any additional benefit and will just be more calories
>>
>>7321004
>no, you don't. you have hours and hours to help rebuild (build) your muscles with extra protein

except you're wrong. Obviously muscle repairs over a longer period, but there is proof behind the "anabolic window" thinking, protein and carb consumption within 30 minutes to an hour post workout will decrease muscle breakdown and increase protein synthesis
>>
/fit/ here
I have:
2 homemade protein bar with craisins/white chocolate/protein powder/oat flour/powder pb/flax.\
bag of almonds
banana or homemade bread and apple butter
BCAA (2 pill) / l-arginine / vit C+E to inhibit free radicals /
Thermos of coffee w/ honey
total is usually 800-1000 cal
Hope that helps
>>
>>7321018
Anabolic window has been disproven many times now. Broscience FTL
>>
>>7321037
Most of the stuff that "disproves" the concept is broscience in itself. There's plenty of research to suggest that post workout supplementation is effective. Example, this study compared supplementing pre and post workout compared to morning and evening of the same dose and found greater increases in lean body mass, muscle glycogen, and 1RM in the pre/post group. There's plenty more similar research

http://vuir.vu.edu.au/1436/
>>
>>7321018
This is so fucking stupid I'm triggered.

If you think your 'anabolic window' is so precious why don't you just fucking eat your gay ass burrito while you're working out then?

Also, fucking life hacks, you actual man-child:
>eats food
>goes to gym
>goes to library
Or:
>goes to gym
>goes home to shower & eat
>goes to library
Or:
>goes to gym
>eats protein bar
>goes to library
>sweats and farts all over books and cute librarian girl
>goes home to shower and eat
>>
>>7321072
Chill man, I'm not op, and not saying he should eat a big ass burrito post workout. I'm saying there's research to prove post workout protein and carbs in certain amounts can improve recovery and gainz.

see
>>7321010
>>7321062
>>
>>7318077
>cultivating mass
meh I'm addicted to mountain biking, so I know a thing or two about mass. When I'm going up a hill on my mtb, I'd rather be lean and mean.
>>
It rubs the lotion on it's spandex and goes back to /fit/
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.