[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>everytime i cook, the oil in the pan slides to the side instead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

>everytime i cook, the oil in the pan slides to the side instead of staying coated evenly
>this happens with all pans and all oil, even brand new pans

Why the fuck does the oil keep sliding to the slides? It doesnt stay in the center where the food is.
>>
>>7315080
DID YOU EVER THINK YOUR FUCKING STOVE COIL WAS NOT FUCKING FLAT YOU GODAMN REETARD HOW DO YOU EVEN BREATH
>>
>>7315089
every stovetop i try does the same thing. i'm talking 5+ different stove tops. they can't all be slanted.
>>
>>7315090
Have you ever leveled your stove? Adjusted the four feet at the base with a level across the top? No? Then your shit is fucking slanted, you goon
>>
It doesn't have to be evenly distributed.

There is still oil coating the surface, and moving the pan around while you cook to get the oil around works fine too.
>>
>stove is unlevel
>floor in kitchen is unlevel
>you hold your pan weird
>you move your pan too much/too harshly

youre not giving us a lot of information but this is basic troubleshooting

if its not an equipment issue, how you stand while you cook might be the issue
are you exceptionally tall/small/fat, anon?
>>
>>7315080
>>7315090
Being this retarded OP.

OP,OP Maybe just fucking maybe your floor isn't completely straight.
>>
>>7315080
Do you live in cali?
>>
>>7315094
>>7315097
>>7315099
first of all, these are not MY stovetops, i rent and these were in 5+ different places.

I put the pan ontop of the stovetop (the latest one is a gas stovetop) and leave it there. I dont keep moving it around or anything. I try to position it so that the center of the pan is over the stovetop and not slanted.

As far as i can see, its not slanted, but the oil slides to all sides. If it was sliding to one side ONLY, then it would be easy to tell that its slanted that side, but its not.

I've looked at the latest gas stovetop and i dont see any obvious slanting at all.
>>
>>7315113
no
>>
You're adding too much oil. Add just enough oil to coat the food. You don't see oil in the center because it's in the food. The oil on the side is excess. Also once most of the moisture in the food evaporated some of the oil also drains out since it doesn't have the water in the way.
>>
>>7315455
but the oil sides to the sides even if i havent put any food in yet
>>
Aside from nonstick pans...Do anyone of you notice oil moves away from a heat source? By positioning the hob under a certain part of the pan, oil will move away from that spot, like repelling magnets. Do I have a masters thesis to write here?
>>
>>7315080
Warped pan due to overheating it too much
All the old pans & rondos in the kitchen are like that
>>
>>7315628
You've probably warped your pans.
>>
>>7315080
Dude, glasstop
>>
>>7315672
>>7315679
How do you confirm whether a pan is warped? Also ive seen brand new pans do this so it would be really weird for them to be warped...
>>
>>7315080
Mine was the same way and it was only one of the burners. Just moved it to the other burner and it was fine. Still no idea why it was happening to that one
>>
>>7315764
Some (cheap and shitty) pans aren't level to begin with. Does the same thing happen with every liquid, or just oil?
>>
>>7315804
never really tried anything other than oil...does it make a difference?
>>
>>7316115
That's what I asked you. It probably won't. If all liquids trickle to the side, you're more likely than not dealing with an uneven surface. If it's only oil, you're dealing with some phenomenon I have no idea about.

Try both with the pan on the stove and the pan on a table, as it could be either the pan or the stove at fault.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.