[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I started some chicken stock but went out and was gone longer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Deep_Fried_Guinea_Pig,_Cuy.jpg (376KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Deep_Fried_Guinea_Pig,_Cuy.jpg
376KB, 1600x1200px
So I started some chicken stock but went out and was gone longer than I planned. The stock reduced to maybe 200ml. Once it cooled it was really gelatinous and smelled pretty good. Can I just treat this as super concentrated and dilute it as needed?
>>
As long as it doesn't taste burned, yeah. Ideally your stock will always be super gelatinous regardless of if it's reduced insanely or not. More chicken wings help on that front, between the wee bones and skin/cartilage.

Basically, if it tastes good, use it.
>>
Is that a jelleye belleye pit rat gummeye candeye?
>>
>>7313818
I made chicken stock yesterday. Usually I reduce it until there's about 500ml left. I used 2 chicken carcasses and 1 hind quarter and I didn't bother to roast anything and flavour was still really good.
>>
>>7313818
That's the ideal way to do it actually
>>
>>7313874
oh god no
>>
>>7313818

I have a guinea pig, this picture causes me great conflict. Guinea pigs are the best and I love them, but they look so damn tasty too.
>>
>>7313818
Yes. How do you think Knorr makes their stock pots?
>>
>>7313818
God that looks delicious
>>
Go watch the food wishes video on demi glase, your fuckup might just be the best thing to ever happen to you.
>>
It's gelatinous because of the gelatin found within the bones, cartalidge, etc. of the chicken. You don't have to dilute it either if you don't want. Put it on the stove and it will just melt to a liquid again.
>>
good stock SHOULD become a gel when cooled. adding gelatin to sauces is the whole point of using stock.

I hope you haven't been making bad stock your whole life, anon. congratulations on your 200ml of success though
>>
>>7315041
By mixing together a bunch of chemicals and salts and then getting a surly food service industry mogul to endorse it?
>>
>>7315049
thats Guinea pig it taste like rabbit .
>>
Would guinea pig meat be called guinea pork?
>>
>>7319248
I appreciate this
>>
>>7318497
Now i am interested, how is the texture?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.