[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are burgers so tasty and yet hated by "muh healthy"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: cheeseburger_large.jpg (2MB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
cheeseburger_large.jpg
2MB, 2304x1728px
Why are burgers so tasty and yet hated by "muh healthy" people?
>>
because for that delicious taste you take another week off your life
>>
>>7313377
how many weeks does sucking a penis take off your life because I really enjoy that as well.
>>
>>7313377
>lettuce
>tomato
>bread
>ketchup
>beef
>onion

I don't know. Seems like a pretty balanced meal to me.
>>
>>7313379
you'll more than make up for it on the day of the rope
>>
>>7313372
>Why are burgers so tasty

Because the combination of fat & sugar is the equivalent of metabolic crack cocaine.

>and yet hated by "muh healthy" people?

Because that much saturated fat is not healthy.
>>
>>7313372
they can be healthy. some hamburger buns have sugar in them, combined with sugary ketchup it can be a lot, especially since most places serve them with a soda.

and the burger in your pic is way different from a wendy's baconator. a burger is just a sandwich, it can be healthy or not depending on how it's made but they're usually associated with fast food, soda, and lots of ketchup.
>>
wholemeal burger buns, not buttered.
100% patties, grilled with little olive oil
onions, tomatoes, lettuce.
fat free cheese slice.
some sauce.

burgers can be healthy too
>>
>>7313398
>fat free cheese slice.
no thanks, everything else sounds good though
>>
>>7313372
"Muh healthy" person here.

Plebeian eaters think there's too much fat and cancerous meat in burgers not to kill you. However if you have based pastoralists genes your ancestors probably evolved to live on fat so it won't do much harm. My grandfather at 95 still eats fatty meat every day. I just leave burgers for when I've worked out or really need it
>>
>>7313412
This.
>>
The simple answer is calories in calories out. Follow your TDEE calculation. Count the macros in each piece of food.

The autist answer is everything else said in this thread.

>dat sugar
>fats
>fat free
>mah olive oils
>100%
>dem wholemeals
>>
File: 1448566487625.jpg (1006KB, 2808x3744px) Image search: [Google]
1448566487625.jpg
1006KB, 2808x3744px
>>7313372
Because "health" people are idiots
Take the burger apart and suddenly it's a healthy meal for them

The only problem I see might be lack of fiber for the amount of calories, other than that it can be a very balanced meal.
You can easily make a side salad or eat a meal later which has more fiber
>>
What kind of stupid fucking question is this?
>>
File: knob_tailed_gecko.jpg (68KB, 496x324px) Image search: [Google]
knob_tailed_gecko.jpg
68KB, 496x324px
Hamburgers are literally overpriced dogshit for your mouth.

This trend has to end. Kill it with fucking fire.
>>
>>7313462
More like knob-headed faggot.
>>
>>7313381
>murica
>>
>>7313372
a burger prepared with good meat (that its pretty hard to find in these days) and with some vegies sounds pretty nutritive to me.
only fast food burgers are shit..
>>
>>7313464
>have a dissenting opinion
start liking what i like

No
>>
File: 005.jpg (1MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
005.jpg
1MB, 3648x2736px
>>7313372
because most of them are not a shining example of a burger which you have some how found and should fucking cherish for all eternity, and instead look more like this.

it also doesn't help that theyre easy to order plain, with cheese and ketchup, making them the go to food for basic eaters which are objectively the scum of dining.
>>
They're a meme for unhealthy food, even though burgers are gr8 source of protein, fat, and carbs and you can put fresh veggies on top.
>>
>>7313535
Are you srs?
Why do you think they're referred to as dirty bulking when body builders use them to bulk?
>>
>Burger with little bit of cheese is unhealthy
>Deli sandwiches with fuckton of oily dressing is healthy
>>
>>7313539
Nvr gonna make it
>>
>>7313536
because bodybuilders are idiots who don't know shit about nutrition.

Also IIFYM/flexible dieting
>>
>>7313539
>uncooked oil from a plant

literally the healthiest fat you can eat
>>
>>7313372
Normally poor quality meat
Sugary high carb bread
Plastic cheese
Sugary sauce

It's pretty simple really.
>>
>>7313398
>grilled with little olive oil

if you think heating up olive oil is a good idea you know fuck all about what's healthy
>>
>>7313398
>fat free cheese
>not just opting out of cheese
>>
>>7313532
E D G Y
D
G
Y
>>
>>7313695
Yeah, it turns out that if you make something with shit, you end up with shit.

Jackass.
>>
>>7313702
Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a condiment
Regular Olive Oil is perfectly fine to cook with
>>
>>7313702
>if you think heating up olive oil is a good idea you know fuck all about what's healthy

What in the actual fuck are you talking about?
>>
File: 1453693426207.gif (318KB, 350x262px) Image search: [Google]
1453693426207.gif
318KB, 350x262px
>>7313702
>>
>>7313702
You're the biggest moron I think I've ever seen on 4chan and that is really saying something.

How about googling olive oil or indeed italian cuisine before you come onto /ck/ pretending to know shit about anything.
>>
everyone in this thread is ignoring the fact that your average burger patty is absolutely saturated with grease, topped with cheese, and served with a heap of fries. no it won't kill you and if you exercise and eat healthy every other day it'll have no appreciable negative impact on your body. but if you're seriously going to let a 4chan thread convince you that cheeseburgers are good for you and anything to the contrary is health food social justice propaganda i suggest you put a down payment on your rascal scooter
>>
>>7313381

>nutritionless lettuce
>insignificant quantity of tomato and onion
>ketchup is just salt and sugar
>bread is just salt and sugar and empty white carbs
>ground beef is rich in shitty cholesterol and saturated fats
>>
>>7313422
Bullshit. Where do you get this misinformation? The pastoral life is where the production of ready grain for consumption started. Hunter gatherers have to rely more on meat.
>>
>>7313381
Code Talker pls
>>
>>7316476
The ground beef is fine. Dietary cholesterol has more health benefits than nutritionists have ever admitted, and nutritionists are starting to admit that saturated fats are far more healthy than previously thought.
>>
>>7316498

there is more than one kind of saturated fat and the majority of it in ground beef is not comparable to what's in like coconut or olive oil
>>
>>7313372
> go easy on the cheese and sauce
> go easy on the oil, you shouldn't need much since there are already fatty flavor from the meat and cheese
> switch around the beef patty with chicken and fish for more varieties
> make the burger of appropriate size for a healthy meal portion
> have a healthy veggie side dish
> skip sweet drinks and fries

Is it that hard to figure it out?
>>
>>7316504
I don't think that's true, but can't say so with absolute certainty because I can't recall the specific ratios and will have to look them up. I do know that beef has a lot of the shittier forms of monounsaturated fat, though.
>>
>>7316504
>olive oil
>saturated fat
If you work out like a motherfucker and don't have a strong predisposition to heart disease, saturated animal fats are a great source of energy that is more filling long-term than getting those calories any other way. A diet very high in vegetables and fiber in general, combined with working out like a motherfucker, demands a lot of fat to pass the fiber well and to digest the nutrients in the veggies.

>>7316498
However, most people are lazy slags who don't eat their veggies and therefore don't deserve all that delicious beef fat.
>>
>>7316523

>olive oil
>15% saturated fat

fixed that for you
>>
funny thing about burgers is they really are a healthy, low calorie food
I eat them when bulking as well as cutting, in fact I eat them more when cutting, I'll have 2 a day usually

bulking moddo engage: beef double with bacon and cheese, pile that shit high with maybe some chilli and a fried egg on top, or even bbq sauce and onion rings

cut: any number of meats but lets say quarter pound chicken, 2 strips of turkey bacon, fresh salsa, on a potato roll
key nutrition facts
Cals: 340
brotein: 30 grams

you can eat a burger 3 times a day if you want and will still come in at barely over 1000 calories
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.