[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You have 10 seconds to justify why I should ever eat chicken

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 8

You have 10 seconds to justify why I should ever eat chicken off the bone when tenders are just as tasty and less hassle.

Protip: You literally can't
>>
also mods this isn't a tendies shitpost I just want to know why you'd bother eating boned chicken
>>
.love muh tendies
>>
/thread
>>
because black
>>
File: image.jpg (263KB, 1202x1394px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
263KB, 1202x1394px
>>
why is it so hard to find good frozen tendies. it's always about 90% breading with some chicken paste inside.
>>
>>7312867
Because objectively, chicken cooked on the bone will be moister because the bone acts as a source of heat transfer- that is, the meat cooks more evenly. This is why people cook ribeyes with the bone on. Same principle.
>>
>>7312887
You have to eat all of the veins / tendons when you eat it on the bone though; and that's disgusting.
>>
troll
>>
File: Parrots.jpg (62KB, 600x349px) Image search: [Google]
Parrots.jpg
62KB, 600x349px
>>7312949
>veins and tendons
>>
>>7312867
All chicken is off the bone you retard. Or do you peel all the meat off so you can chew on fucking marrow like some fucking Swahili bloaters
>>
>>7312949
>not enjoying the tendons and cartilages
>>
>>7313105
I can't eat on the bone wings for this reason; eating anything that isn't pure meat just grosses me out for some reason, can't stomach skin/tendons/veins etc.
>>
>>7312867
Literally had to double-check because I thought you posted "tendies" and not "tenders".

God dammit.
>>
>>7312867
Isn't the reason that you eat food on the bone at all is because cleaning it and removing the unedible parts is a hassle? So each hassle-free tender really did have some hassle involved
>>
>>7312965
> Get a load of this anon
> veins and tendons
> dental floss after eating tendies
>>
>>7313122
you sound like a little faggot
>>
>>7313164
cooking with the bone in adds flavor...obviously...
>>
>>7313178
>>
>>7312867
>Not wanting to eat the real crisped chicken skin
I bet you don't like pork skins either do you faggot?
>>
>>7312883
This one Costco by me sells this fucking amazing box of tendies that I swear on my life must be what restaurants use
Same taste, consistency, and looks like actual chicken on the inside
>>
>>7313150
You're not the only one
>>
how do you make your tendies all crispy like that? whenever I try making them the breading ends up being like a skin that slides right off the meat when you bite into them.
>>
>>7313164
what is boneless skinless breasts or tenders? Did it hassle me in any way to buy those over ones with bones? Didn't think so.
>>
>>7313258
Just buy them from pop eyes
>>
>>7312867
You are objectively correct and anyone saying anything different are wrong
>>
I cannot believe you people exist.

Chicken off the bone will always be cheaper than garbage you buy in a box, because you're paying for shit breading and paste meat supplement mixed with christ knows what preservatives. You can get chicken so fucking cheap, and then bread it yourself with a batter tailored to your taste preference. Then you can use the bones to make a stock that's better than anything you get from a powder base.

But you're just lazy manchildren, so you're only denying yourselves the benefits of cheaper, better tasting food.
>>
>>7313122
You're not alone. I realise I'm a picky faggot, but I just can't help it.
>>
>>7313258
Drizzle some egg batter into the breadcrumbs to make clumps of crumbs before dipoing the chicken in.the result will be balls of crumbs that attach to the coat on the chicken to make a puffed out crisp she'll around the chicken.

Let the chicken rest after cooking for a few minutes to avoid having the breadcrumbs slide off. Kinda like how you let pizza rest to avoid the cheese just slipping off.

Also make sure you're dredging your chicken with flour before giving it an egg wash so the eggs stick better.
>>
You know what I hate? Those people who only eat the "center" of a chicken wing. The only take two bites right from the middle of the wing and completely disregard the end bits, where all the crispy goodness and pooled sauce is.

Bonus points if they don't poke the meat out of the middle of the wingette.
>>
i raise, slaughter and butcher my own chickens

i don't like to waste

i do beer batter the breast meat once in a while .. delicious
>>
>>7313863
I never thought about it anon but you're right. That behaviour is fucked up
>>
>>7312867
Chicken breast had better macros. Tendies are ok though.
>>
>when tenders are just as tasty

this is the crux of the matter isn't it. a lot of people think tenders aren't as tasty.

you don't address the possibility of taking dark meat *off* the bone though. i fucking love dark meat that's taken off the bone and cooked correctly. the bone itself doesn't actually add anything significant to the flavour, it just helps cooking in some contexts.
>>
>>7312949
>and that's disgusting
You're eating an animal, what the fuck do you expect? Become vegetarian if you find it disgusting.
>>
>>7313863
I used to hate eating wings because I want to eat the whole thing but eating around the bones is such a hassle. Then I saw a food wishes video where chef john shows you how to easily remove the bones so you can just pop the whole wing in your mouth. Changed my life man.
>>
>>7312867
Chicken tenders are only good in a sandwich.
>>
>>7312887
>because the bone acts as a source of heat transfer- that is, the meat cooks more evenly

Wut? You think the thermal conductivity of hydrated poultry scapula is higher than that of poultry fat and muscle tissue? Dude it's not even going to be 0.50 W/mK longitudinally, let alone circumferentially. Fuck yo witch doctor cu/ck/ing myths.
>>
>>7314282
It always pleases me when people here appear to know their shit
>>
>>7312949
The tendons in chicken break down upon cooking very fast, and chickens are bled pre-butchery so the vein issue is non-relevant.

Besides, meat is full of veins and arteries no matter what; minor veins, but still veins. If that's such an issue, then stick to tofu.
>>
File: Saruka25pc.jpg (82KB, 244x299px) Image search: [Google]
Saruka25pc.jpg
82KB, 244x299px
>He doesn't make his own tendies from boned (lol) chicken.
>>
>>7314282
I was pretty drunk when I said that- the heat-transfer logic may not hold up, my bad. However, meat's always been juicier when it's cooked on the bone in my experience.
>>
>>7314282
Yes. Test it yourself if you want, hold a segment of bone and a piece of meat the same thickness against a hot pan, see which one burns you first.
>>
Your personal brand.

Eating "tendies" will make you look like a manchild. Other people will look at you and see a failure of a human being. Anyone who has ever been on 4chan will laugh at you under their breath. This will have negative consequences for your professional and social life. And what do you gain from that? Slightly better tasting chicken?

Be an adult. Weigh the options objectively, and you will see that social capital is more important than the momentary pleasure of boneless chicken.

Honestly, you shouldn't be eating fried chicken at all unless it's necessary that people see you as a hyper-masculine redneck Southerer. Try eating some Asian fusion cuisine, or quinoa.
>>
>>7314714
Here's that (You) you were looking for.
>>
>>7314738

>>
>>7314889
>>
>>7315048
Here's that (Jew) you were looking for.
>>
>>7312867
Are chicken tenders another name for chicken strips?
>>
File: Triple Dipped Fried Chicken.png (89KB, 620x655px) Image search: [Google]
Triple Dipped Fried Chicken.png
89KB, 620x655px
>>7315060
the tender is on the side of the breast and is like 50% more expensive

opinions on this recipe for some krispy deep fried chicken?
>>
You miss out on the bone marrow. It's extra iron and its pretty tasty.
>>
>>7313122
Are you me? I hate being a picky eater, but goddamn, anything that isn't clean meat makes me gag.
>>
>>7314020
>Chicken breast had better macros. Tendies are ok though.

Well, obviously. And 80/20 meat is tastier than 93/7, but the leaner one has better macros.
>>
>why do you prefer dark meat to white meat

geez, I don't know
>>
>>7313122
You sound like a 10year old me. I grew out of it, but still can't eat organ meat.
>>
what kind of bozo like bone in over boneless stuff
>>
who /ribs/ here

goddamn i love it when i get a bucket of chicken and theres breast pieces complete with ribcage

biting through those little tasty, crunchy bits of goodness, scooping out the dark meat is truly the best chicken feel

goddamn i just want more tasty fried chicken, i got a three piece meal just yesterday but theres nowhere close

prolly for the better, every time i eat a tasty tasty burger i can feel my arteries getting narrower
the chest pain is too fuckin real too

my blog is top tier
>>
>>7315060
A tender is a specific part of a chicken breast.
>>
>>7314522

because the bone insulates it
>>
>>7317061

you don't get significant added flavour or nutritional value from leaving the bone in
>>
>>7317061
what the fuck is happening in this gif
>>
>>7317080
He squeezed the intestines out of a rabbit
>>
I like to crunch the cartilage in my teeth
>>
A chicken is fucking tiny. Do you live alone that you can't buy a whole chicken? It's gone in like two days.
Or maybe you don't have an oven and can't figure out how to cook a chicken in a pot.
>>
>>7312867
>just as tasty
no
>less hassle
yes
>>
Fuck y'all, deep fried chicken thighs master race. Best of both worlds.
>>
File: honey tenders.jpg (29KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
honey tenders.jpg
29KB, 480x480px
>>7312883
I've never found a good frozen breaded chicken product. These are passable but everything else is awful.
>>
>>7313863
>people who don't rip the wingettes apart
>>
i want some nuggs
>>
>>7312867
>tenders are just as tasty
Nope
>>
>>7312949
I bet you eat your steaks well done
>>
Deep fried Boneless Chicken Thighs master race
>>
Oven baked drumsticks with just a little salt and pepper is all you need. Juicy and flavorful.
>>
File: inglourious_basterds37.jpg (44KB, 650x434px) Image search: [Google]
inglourious_basterds37.jpg
44KB, 650x434px
>>7315053
>>
>>7317061
That is fucking amazing.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.