[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Old Grand-Dad bourbon availability

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: muh whiskey.jpg (1MB, 3096x3625px) Image search: [Google]
muh whiskey.jpg
1MB, 3096x3625px
I'm a bit of a drunk and my go-to bottom shelf bourbon is Old Grand-dad (either 80 or 100 proof, whichever is available).

Starting around summer of last year, my local liquor stores (Spec's, a very large chain in Texas) began running out of it. If I drove 20 minutes extra from my usual spot, I could find it, even if it was only a fifth of the 80 proof.

Been hankering for a bottle of the 100 proof (probably the best $20 fifth you can buy), so I had my nearest Spec's put in a special order for a bottle. I've done this before and it usually takes a week.

Never heard back from them, so I asked the manager about it. He said basically all the stores in the Houston area, including the gigantic, original store downtown, were out of the 100 proof.

All the stores I frequent still have the stickers on the shelf for it, but they say it just doesn't come in often and when it does it moves fast.

Their site is still up and I'll find the 114 proof more often than the 80 proof. I still see Old Crow (though I have yet to see the reserve in a few years) and Old Overholt everywhere, so I doubt Jim Beam has shut the brand down.

tl;dr: is anyone else having difficult finding Old Grand-dad (any proof) lately?
>>
>>7312859
Specs usually restocks on Tuesdays or Thursdays. Try camping the store opening on those days to find a bottle.
>>
>>7312859
I think the old crow reserve is done. I haven't seen it in any store around my area for a year now. The 100 Ogd is pretty few and far between. I've also seen some different bottles and labels come out for OGD so they may be releasing a newer batch slowly idk. The 114 is everywhere though which is just fine for me.
>>
>>7313740
My closest Spec's is in a very upscale area and the bottom shelf is largely used up by yours truly.

If the issue was them flying off the shelves, I could easily ask them to save me a bottle. The stores that say it's popular are 30 minutes or more away and I ain't camping them out.

>>7313750
You know what, you are probably right. The last time I saw ODG 100 was at the Spec's off 2920. It came in a completely different bottle and had a cork instead of a twist off.

The 114 has been really common lately. I've got a bottle of it right now. It's a bit much just to casually sip on, but it's still great.
>>
>>7312859
Old Grandad is thick on the floor here in CA. Bottom-rung liqour joints like grocery stores and Rite Aid don't stock it, but Bevmo, Total Wine, and Hi Times all carry it. The 100-proof is the least common, but the 80 proof and the 114 are seldom seen without each other. I guess the ritzy looking bottle the 114 comes in makes the store look classy and the nice cheap 80 proof draws in the people who don't have any money.
>>
I work for Bevmo in California. Multiple stores are running out of the 100 proof. it is the best selling OGD. Seldom restocked though.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.