[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a way to make tofu tasty /ck/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: 1425476038041.jpg (47KB, 460x422px) Image search: [Google]
1425476038041.jpg
47KB, 460x422px
Is there a way to make tofu tasty /ck/?
>>
what density?

soft is always kind of gross unless you make something and pretend it's scrambled eggs

the firmer stuff is delicious fried with broccoli, onions, garlic, carrots, bean sprouts, or whatever you like..

and add some soy sauce and ginger or something.. tofu can be quite nice
>>
Cook it, you pretentious faggot. Tofu is delicious.
>>
Yeah, get tofu pok.
>>
File: chilled tofu anchovy.jpg (159KB, 1024x772px) Image search: [Google]
chilled tofu anchovy.jpg
159KB, 1024x772px
Anchovies.
>>
Soft: soon dobu
Med: mapo tofu
Firm: stir fry
>>
>>7311959
How do you know when it's cooked?

>>7311978
that looks great.
>>
File: Sichuan Garden .jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Sichuan Garden .jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>7311991
Mapo is the best
>>
>>7311950
No. Eat some meat. It's the way the universe intended.
>>
>>7312013
Why does everyone think I dont eat meat?
I just really like asian cooking.
>>
File: 6092289054_d8098b4ae5_b.jpg (280KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
6092289054_d8098b4ae5_b.jpg
280KB, 1024x683px
It's great cold, right out of the container with soy sauce and scallions.
>>
>>7312030
My nigga. Or in miso soup.
>>
>>7311950
You need to drain it. Like drain the shit out of it. Slice it and put it between 2 dishtowels and then squeeze it like crazy. I put a cookie sheet on top and then literally put my microwave and a case of water on top of it. You need to get all the water out otherwise flavour won't stick to it. Once you do that, just season or sauce it like you would with meat. I use a sauce with soy, maple syrup, garlic, rice vinegar, sriracha, some bbq sauce, and whatever spices. Fucking delciious.
>>
>>7312011

Authentic mapo tofu is spicy as shit. But my god I love it so much.
>>
Agedashi
>>
>>7311950
>asks a question about tofu
>posts Chinese food
>>
File: 豬八戒斬妖.jpg (196KB, 607x617px) Image search: [Google]
豬八戒斬妖.jpg
196KB, 607x617px
Not sure of the exact method, but I think my grandma does something like this

>cut into flat squares maybe an inch thick and two inches long
>deep fry tofu in your favorite oil until golden brown and crispy (with a wok, but maybe a pot would be okay too?)
>let it rest, you can eat it like that with shrimp paste or nuc mam

I like it most when she-
>saute garlic until light brown
>add chicken (marinated or not) previously cut into thumb sized strips
>remove before fully cooked
>add tomatoes cut into fourths on high heat
>wait until they're soft, then remove the skins
>wiggle into a paste with your spatula and add fish sauce
>add chicken, stock of your choice, and tofu back into the mix and let simmer until the tomato juices have completely permeated into the tofu which should have a sponge-like consistency (several hours?)

>serve over rice

The food is chinese with vietnamese spices, as she's Hoa. Thus, it pairs extremely well with meme sauce. You can add things at the end like sesame oil, pepper, etc. can be vegetarian if you want it to be i think.

Oh, I just found a recipe for it
http://www.hungryhuy.com/how-to-make-dau-sot-ca-vietnamese-tofu-with-tomato-sauce/

I'm used to it being half as thick, and I think she used tofu that was slightly softer. She definitely is going for a taste that is more savory than sour and spicy, but as always, you should make what tastes better to you.
>>
>>7312108
this. freezing it and letting it defrost before you squeeze the water out also helps a lot
>>
>>7313552
oh, add water or stock to tomatoes when making them soft so they don't burn!
>>
>>7312541
kek
>>
File: TobanDjan.jpg (132KB, 267x500px) Image search: [Google]
TobanDjan.jpg
132KB, 267x500px
>>7311991
This. And two out of three of those dishes involve a spicy bean paste. Killer combination. (pic related) Also do not buy into the fallacy that tofu is meant to be eaten in place of meat - that's for vegetarians and Buddhist monks. In tofu eating cultures it's very often cooked with meat or seafood.
>>
FRY HARD AND MARINADE
IT AIN'T ROCKET SCIENCE KIDDO
>>
>>7313553
Never heard of that. Do you freeze it sliced?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.