[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you believe looks affect flavor?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

Do you believe looks affect flavor?
>>
Depends on what ingredients were used to change the look.
>>
yes, it's been known for a long time that colors can affect your mood and perception of things. it's also probably subjective though. someone who has grown up eating artificially dyed foods might find them appealing, but someone who hasn't might find the unnatural hues unappetizing.

occasionally when i'm grocery shopping, there will be hawaiian punch on sale that they put near the center of the store. seeing all the colors makes me feel strange.
>>
File: motley crue.jpg (77KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
motley crue.jpg
77KB, 680x510px
Cheese got the looks that kill
>>
>>7311913
it looks like they're worshipping the homosexual satan from south park
>>
File: fe2SYSb.jpg (45KB, 293x448px) Image search: [Google]
fe2SYSb.jpg
45KB, 293x448px
yes
food is 81% psychological
>>
You can test it yourself, close your eyes and eat a skittle from the bag without looking and try to guess what flavor it is.
>>
>>7311945
i went to this restaurant run by blind people and you eat in this pitch dark room...

shit's crazy
>>
>>7311877
Yes. It shouldn't, but it does.
>>
>>7311951
If be afraid to """accidentally""" feel someone """inappropriately""" in that situation
>>
>>7311941
The dye they used gave that shit a metallic aftertaste, anon.
Dyes can effect taste.
>>
>>7311951
That was a comedy sketch or a scene from a movie. I forget which.
>>
I had a blue black/white gold dress moment with the thumbnail.

Thought this was a thread about beef jerky.
>>
it very well could.

>Rangel and his colleagues had 20 volunteers taste five wine samples which, they were told, were identified by their different retail prices: $5, $10, $35, $45, and $90 per bottle. While the subjects tasted and evaluated the wines, their brains were scanned using functional magnetic resonance imaging, or fMRI. The subjects consistently reported that they liked the taste of the $90 bottle better than the $5 one, and the $45 bottle better than the $35 one. Scans of their brains supported their subjective reports; a region of the brain called the medial orbitofrontal cortex, or mOFC, showed higher activity when the subjects drank the wines they said were more pleasurable. There was a catch to the experiment, however. Although the subjects had been told that they would taste five different, variously priced wines, they actually had sampled only three. Wines 1 and 2 were used twice, but labeled with two different prices. For example, wine 2 was presented as the $90 wine (its actual retail price) and also as the $10 wine. When the subjects were told the wine cost $90 a bottle, they loved it; at $10 a bottle, not so much. In a follow-up experiment, the subjects again tasted all five wine samples, but without any price information; this time, they rated the cheapest wine as their most preferred.

https://www.caltech.edu/news/wine-study-shows-price-influences-perception-1374
>>
>>7311877
I'm not a woman, so no.
>>
>>7311941
Exactly this. Although the ingredients are most likely the same, I remember trying to eat a hot dog with green ketchup and couldn't do it.
>>
>>7311941
I still don't know wtf Heinz was thinking. Shit came out when I was a kid and I was still horrified by purple/green ketchup.
>>
>>7312132

Do you think that could be done with whisky as well?
>>
it won't effect flavour but it could effect your desire to put it in your mouth.

and that's why I shave my bits
>>
>>7311877
yes. only a retard would think otherwise.

it's like asking if the how the women looks affects the sex.

>>7313267
top kek
>>
>>7312029
www.onoir.com
>>
>>7311877
i believe aesthetics improves experience but are you asking me what red tastes like?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.