[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/spice/ general: Thyme leaves: best way to remove

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: thyme1.jpg (19KB, 225x300px) Image search: [Google]
thyme1.jpg
19KB, 225x300px
Are there any secrets to efficiently removing thyme leaves? It's great I'd there is a long single branch, but many thymes they fork into many smaller branches and its laborious to harvest.

Is this one of those things that is just a labor of love or is there a better way?

If you grow your own and prune it properly, can you avoid the smaller branches?
>>
i usually just throw in the whole twig. or i take a fork and run the twig trough it to get the leaves off.
>>
>>7311046
Motherfuck, just did like 16 stalks of this for my stew.

Top few leaves snaps off easy, just use that.

The rest of the stalk you can grab at the non-root end and just pull with thumb and forefinger to remove most of them.
>>
My thyme is growing like a motherfucker, in spite of the cold weather. Nothing can stop this shit. It's nearly overtaken the rosemary I planted in the same pot; the sage never stood a chance. It's spilling over the edges and cascading down to the porch. I don't even know what to do with all this fucking thyme.
>>
pull off the smaller branches then do everything individually like you would with rosemary
>>
>>7311046
best i can do is hold a single woody branch at the top and draw my closed fingers down the stem to the base to pull off the leaves (using your nails if poss)

you cant avoid pulling off the weaker side stems but but obviously avoid the woody stuff
>>
File: 1444425722228.jpg (205KB, 753x500px) Image search: [Google]
1444425722228.jpg
205KB, 753x500px
If you aren't in a hurry or have a lot to do, stick it in the freezer for a bit. Once it starts to stiffen you can literally just shake all the leaves off.
>>
>>7311313
Aquire venison, make stew
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.