[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is chicken tikka masala the california roll of indian food where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: iStock_000026876801_Small.jpg (359KB, 600x408px) Image search: [Google]
iStock_000026876801_Small.jpg
359KB, 600x408px
is chicken tikka masala the california roll of indian food where people silently judge you for being such a scrub, or more equivalent to the pizza of italian food where it's popular because it's good, not because its less intimidating that other menu items?
>>
More like General Tso's
>>
more like meme masala
i'll pass
>>
>>7311031
so basically, if you are eating somewhere that offers it everybody else is already fully aware their meal is little more than tasty garbage?
>>
>>7311019
Chicken Tikka Masala isn't Indian food, anon.
>>
i don't think most people "silently judge" other peoples eating habits except for depressed autistic fedora tipping "patricians" like you.
>>
>>7311019
Chicken Tikka Masala is Indian food, anon.
>>
>>7311043
I don't silently judge, I judge aloud.
>mom orders sushi
>it has teriyaki chicken in place of fish
I never asked for this
>>
>>7311041
which is why the analogy comparing it to california rolls works ... because it isn't really sushi its a foreign take on sushi. Like how CTM isn't Indian food, its just a british take on Indian Food
>>
>>7311048
Nice /r9k/ impersonation.
>>
>>7311019
It tastes good.

Dont get me wrong, its hardly my favorite type of indian curry, but i do enjoy it sometimes.
Just because its not authentic, doesnt mean it cant be good
>>
I tried butter chicken and warm naan for the first time recently and I'm pretty much sold on Indian cuisine being top tier, especially curry + naan.

http://eightelements.net/explore_the_beginnings.php

this is the menu at my closest indian place, I've only tried CTM and Butter Chicken, the obvious beginner choices, what else should I try?
>>
>>7311019
What is the hottest curry that you guys have seen?
Phaal
Tindaloo
Vindaloo
Anybody have anything hotter?
>>
>>7311069
I bet you put cream and peas in your carbonara too. You are truly the worst kind of person.
>>
>>7311110
Phaal is generally considered the hottest.
I tried a small portion, it is extremely hot.
Vindaloo is about right for me.
>>
It was my first "Indian" food. My dad used to cook it.
I don't understand whats the big deal. I don't see people going apeshit about fortune cookies or vichyssoisse.

Pork Tikka Masala with Thai rice tastes absolutely fantastic. It's easy to make and cheap too.
>>
File: 23.jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
23.jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
It's often abused (pic related) but it's always cosy
>>
>>7311112

Your willfull ignorance has and will deprive you of some tasty culinary dishes.
I.e. idgaf, youre missing out
>>
>>7311084
bro, you live in california.

Find a better place. come up to the bay area sometime, ill take you to some tasty indian places.
>>
>>7311139
that is in the bay area. its in san jose lol

i yelped all the indian places in my area and this was one of the better reviewed ones and closest.
>>
How should I go about storing leftover basmati rice to eat another day? I always thought rice grew bacteria once it cools down
>>
>>7311142
oh i only saw their other locations in SD

well i dont know the south bay too well but Swaads menu looks pretty good

Get Kema naan definitely. I really like Korma, karahi ghost(its pretty spicy), and Jalfrezi. All with lamb.
>>
>>7311069
Can someone post the fucking copypasta already? You know, the one with the italian being a dumb shithead about his carbonara and cream.
>>
>>7311130
That sounds really good actually. I love it when europeans put random things into pies.
>>
File: 1433068486810.gif (480KB, 493x342px) Image search: [Google]
1433068486810.gif
480KB, 493x342px
>>7311133
>willfull ignorance
>>
>>7311248
It's not a pie Anon.
It's made from Batter.
Think Crépes....but no sugar and aerated
>>
>>7311143
Take a lesson from ServSafe.

Danger Zone = between ~41F and ~130F

Don't leave food out for more than 4 hours between those temperatures.

If you cooked rice, and let it sit for an hour or so while you eat, then it's fine!
>>
>>7311279
It's shaped exactly like a pie, therefore it's a pie, I don't care if the dough is not made of conventional dough ingredients.
>>
>>7311307
Wait, so if I give you a dick-shaped pudding, you think it's literally a dick, rather than pudding?
>>
>>7311307
It tastes fuck all like a pie therefore it isnt
>>
>>7311343
Don't be ridiculous, dicks aren't food.
>>
the only good indian food is vegetarian and goat meat

but i'd say butter chicken is the cali roll of indian food
>>
Rogan Josh and Chicken Bhuna are godlike.
>>
>>7311019

Who cares? It tastes good as fuck.
>>
>>7311019
dude, who cares if other people are judging you, if you like it then eat it and fuck the haters
>>
File: Kevin's_audition.png (291KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
Kevin's_audition.png
291KB, 960x640px
>>7311355

Not what your two gay dads said last night
>>
File: main difference.jpg (230KB, 1184x1540px) Image search: [Google]
main difference.jpg
230KB, 1184x1540px
>>7311343
>>
>>7311019
what the fuck is a California roll?
>>
>>7312141
sushi for hwyto piggus

imitation crab, cucumber, avocado
>>
>eating poo in loo food
>2016, Obama's America

lmao
>>
it's the pizza metaphor, i think. it's good, and a bastardized version of the original inspiration which nobody cares isn't authentic.

though i'm not actually sure if it was invented by indian people making up something up to serve brits or brits visiting britain and stealing ideas to market at home.
>>
>>7312106
>pringles called crisps
No. It would have to be something of an even more artificial concoction than pringles before it would warrant calling them crisps. Like calling something "frozen dairy dessert" because it can't legaly fit the definition of ice cream.
>>
>>7312561
aren't pringles blended potato mess pressed and cooked into a certain shape? that's processed enough for me.
>>
>>7311143
literally who gives a fuck, it's fucking rice

our bodies are much more resilient than people give them credit for

I cook rice and leave it out overnight with the lid on and eat for breakfast then put it in the fridge after

Eaten rice almost a week old that's been in the fridge and also eaten rice that was accidentally left out for over 24 hours

Bacteria is perfectly fine as long as it's not causing you to be sick

(I've not had food poisoning in over 4-5 years and I often leave dinner on the stove overnight after cooking it if I'm going to sleep before it's cooled down)
>>
>>7311307
Pies have to have pastry crusts. Jesus why is this such a hard concept to explain to people.
>>
>>7312667
This.

Ever see what Scandinavians consider 'great food'? Hakarl is literally rotten shark they left buried on a beach, and Surstromming is herring they let rot in a can.

Shit is so bad they literally have to eat it outside or their homes will smell like it forever.

Honestly, so long as you aren't smearing the counter with your unwashed ass, eating food left out for a day isn't going to hurt you.
>>
>>7311019
It's the General Tso's of Indian
>>
>>7312750
Whenever I come back to America from Asia I always get a turkey sub, orange chicken, and General Tso's.
>>
butter chicken is the california roll

I have no idea if indians actually eat tikka masala though
>>
>>7312742
>americans

kys, bro
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.