[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are beer hipsters the worst hipsters? A: Yes.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: 8.jpg (86KB, 504x700px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
86KB, 504x700px
Are beer hipsters the worst hipsters?
A: Yes.
>>
That's right though.
>>
>s**t

edgy
>>
File: Kraft.jpg (41KB, 866x356px) Image search: [Google]
Kraft.jpg
41KB, 866x356px
>>7310460
>If you're not happy with the lowest grade of commercial food you're a hipster.
Do you think someone is a hipster if they choose to go out to a nice restaurant instead of eating pic related at home?
>>
>>7310507
>do you think I mad?
A: Yes.
>>
Nah, anti-beer hipsters are the new hipsters.
>>
IPA hipsters specifically
>>
>>7310460

Alcohol is degenerate so yes being an alcohol snob is extra degenerate.
>>
No idea why people care what other people drink. But it is piss water though
>>
>>7310531
are you /pol/ or are you muslim

Either way, go home
>>
>>7310509
There's a fine line between people who would much rather have something good over a mediocre default and those jumping on a bandwagon to seem hip.

Either way settling for mediocre shit when better is available to you is a particular mix of sad and stupid that I'll never understand.
>>
>>7310574
>I'LL tell YOU what is better, dammit
9fedoras/10
>>
>>7310520
There's been a lot of backlash against IPAs in recent years and I kind of understand why - make a medium bodied ale, hop it to shit, and bam, collect your beer of the year awards. But I'll always love the bitter, grassy, citrusy notes that come through on hops. Fuck sours, man.
>>
>>7310585
>But I'll always love the bitter, grassy, citrusy notes that come through on hops.
*fedoraing intesifies
>>
>>7310542

Degenerate detected.
>>
Don't hipsters like PBR? Bud light is way better than that crap
>>
>>7310585
>bitter, grassy notes

grassy vegetal notes and over the top bitterness is exactly what gives IPAs a bad rap
that shit sucks and is just lazy, irresponsible recipe design
>>
>>7310578
Where the fuck do you live where turning your nose up at Bud Light makes you a hipster? Where I live that shit is for poor alcoholics.
>>7310585
The backlash is for obvious reasons. It's the more is more thing. Same thing happened with Parker's 100 point scale in the wine world. Suddenly wines that were huge in flavor and high in alcohol became the high scorers, and people eventually started finding them fatiguing. With beer people realized that the taste of real hops made a better product than the hop oil used by macros. So if using real hops was good using a fuckton of them had to be better. And you ended up with some seriously over hopped beers that are pretty easy to tire of.
>>
>Complaining about some beer brand.
>on a HofBrÀuhaus sign
Holy kekers now this is shitposting.
People who are elitists about something should always be aware that there is a good chance they are plebs themselves.
>>
>>7310460
>hipster

third world scum detected, keep on acting like you know what goes on in the rest of the world you clueless little shitskin.
>>
>>7310595
>>7310636

im not that guy, but i like IPAs & you cant stop me.

the best is coming inside after weedwacking all day or something & downing one in two chugs

curious though, what is your idea of a well thought out brewing recipe?
>>
>>7310791
IPAs are great

just not when they taste like a mouthful of pine needles and wet grass
>>
>>7310791
>>7310800
I agree with both of these. I'm really happy that the ipa scene has shifted to juicy, fruitier tasting ipas. Citra hops #1
>>
File: ale.jpg (300KB, 1224x817px) Image search: [Google]
ale.jpg
300KB, 1224x817px
>>7310821
>>
>>7310663
Hofbrau is good beer though you fucking hipster.
>>
>>7310638
>And you ended up with some seriously over hopped beers that are pretty easy to tire of.
Don't pretend to know what you're talking about
>>
>>7310791
>what is your idea of a well thought out brewing recipe
One with a decent balance between the hop and malt elements. IPAs used to be heavily-hopped out of historical necessity - they were brewed and then sent out on a long-ass boat trip to India, so adding a ton of hops was necessary both to help preserve the beer (hops are antibacterial) and to make sure that it still tasted hoppy when it reached its destination (hoppiness tends to fade over time). The result was a strong, hoppy, but still fairly balanced beer, something which is lost on much of the modern "craft" brewing industry.
>>
>>7310828
IPA historicalyl was shit tier beer intended to travel.
It remains shit tier.
>fucking hipsters
>>
I'm a beer hipster, music hipster, movie hipster, food hipster, vidya hipster, clothing hipster and study hipster.

And I'm completely fine with it. I just like to try different things and not stick to the first thing I ever tried forever.

No, I haven't had sex with men.
>>
>>7310828
>show slight interest in anything
>neckbeard fedora accusations
>>
>>7310850
The last two words of your post are unnecessary.
>>
>>7310833
It's a. souless and tasteless beer.
>>
File: tube dude.jpg (357KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tube dude.jpg
357KB, 960x1280px
>>7310460
>STOP DRINKING THAT S**T
Edgier than a razor factory on the grand canyon
>>
>>7310585

Anti-sour hipsters are the new hipsters.
>>
>>7310860
It has taste and it's refreshing. Not my fault you have lame taste buds.
>>
>>7310460
There's literally nothing wrong with that sign.

Both sub-par products discussed are widely palatable, yet offer nothing unique.

Generally speaking, those who stay within a baseline comfort zone of consumption without straying and experiencing new things are boring and low intelligence.
>>
What sort of redneck wasteland do you live in where good beer is considered hipster?
>>
>>7310848
Looks like you read the pamphlet perfesser. Tell us more.
>>
>>7310848
you ignore that the only reason most commercial breweries have been shorting you on hops for the last hundred years is cost.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.