[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why people/chefs/cooks hate people who like "Well Done"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 22

File: welldonesteak.jpg (30KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
welldonesteak.jpg
30KB, 400x266px
I've spent many many many years in the kitchen (mostly higher end establishments) around many professionals in the industry.

The reason myself, and everyone else I know, can't stand well done steak is....

...Here it is comes boys, the cold hard truth;

People who order well done stakes 99.99999% are the most difficult customers that are most likely to needlessly run you like a horse, make up complains, want their meals comped/reduced, and tip like shit (amerift problem)
>>
File: 1434777355973.jpg (35KB, 444x444px) Image search: [Google]
1434777355973.jpg
35KB, 444x444px
>>7308413
It's just people have shit taste and are afraid of 50% of the food they eat.

People think they'll get sick from eating a medium rare steak but proceed to go ahead and drink a Coke a day and shove processed foods and sugars up their asses.

It's uneducated. It's savage. It's embarrassing.

Avoid welldonners at all cost.
>>
That and the fact it's really a waste of beef
>>
>>7308438
This is an exact description of my well-done-steak-eating family.

Send help
>>
>>7308449
Kek

Avoid the heathens anon. Walk the only path you know to be true. A path charred by flame on all sides, red and bloody in the middle. The path of the of the medium rare all seer.
>>
>>7308438
Amen brother. Fucking amen.
>>
>>7308504
Well spoken brother
>>
>>7308413
This is what happens when the chefs of /b/ get an order for "medium well"
>>
I actually feel like a dick about it but I basically teased my own mother into never ordering steak from a restaurant again, because she always got it well done. I always told her that she's probably driving the chef to cleave off his cooks' fingers one by one, yakuza style, and serving them as an offering to the god of meat for the complete sacrilege she was committing every time she did this.

Or I would just ask the waitress to bring out a charcoal briquette, because it's the same difference.
>>
>>7308413
>People who order well done stakes 99.99999% are the most difficult customers that are most likely to needlessly run you like a horse, make up complains, want their meals comped/reduced, and tip like shit (amerift problem)

But, anon, could it also be that they are a normal customer who happens to like well done, and when arrogant chefs see that order, they lose all care and concern about quality (due to a perceived notion of inferior tastes of the customer) and thus give the customer actual legit things to complain about, like a self fulfilling prophecy?
>>
>>7308583
but muh welldone memes
>>
>>7308583
That could probably be true. But my experience has been that people who order well done are usually very picky eaters with shit taste. I have seen this in my own family. The folks who were afraid of flavor and many vegetables were the same as those who recoiled at meat with more than a hint of pink in it.
>>
>>7308535
It's not that bad, of course it will be a lesser steak, but steakhouses know how to cook a well done steak to still be somewhat juicy. See if you could get her to at least do med well too.
>>
>>7308605
She doesn't like a hint of pink in her steak, period.
>>
Restaurantfag here, anyone notice that blacks ONLY get steaks well done and always with A1. Even if it's a steak covered in cajun seasoning, or something like asiago cheese
>>
>>7308633
Mexican here. Whenever I cooked on the grill with outside with my dad, my stepmom would walk in, LITERALLY spitting out the carne asada I cooked medium. Demanding that the rest of the steak be cooked until practically burnt.

I fucking hate her to death, especially after saying that 'you can now taste the flavour' on a black piece of meat
>>
>>7308413
What bothers me most is:
How much longer do I have to wait, because someone at my table ordered well done? my precious minutes
>>
>>7308535
anon, you should feel like a dick now. the woman gave up raw meat while pregnancy. because for pregnant women it's generally not recommended to eat red meat. and now she gave up steaks because she loves you so much.
>>
>>7308413
People who get their steaks well done tell me they do because they think eating liquid blood is nasty.
>>
>>7308700
Old people lose their sense of taste often
>>
i usually go rare, always at restaurants but sometimes, like when i'm camping and it's dark or i'm otherwise distracted i can go well done

they both can taste fantastic but you have to know how to do it

it's not about just cooking one longer
>>
>>7308741
I worked at red lobster. Med rare was like 10-11 mins well done could take 20
>>
File: steak4[1].jpg (55KB, 706x364px) Image search: [Google]
steak4[1].jpg
55KB, 706x364px
This looks about right, but it needs something...
>>
File: download.jpg (12KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12KB, 259x194px
Perfect! :^)
>>
>>7308438
WELLDONNERS ON SUICIDE WATCH HOLY FUCKING SHIT
>>
As a gentleman I prefer my French bread pizza well done.
>>
>>7308761
That wasn't the advice at the time. When my mother was pregnant, she was advised to drink stout beer to keep her strength up. That's why I'm here today.
>>
>>7309029
That's the way it's been for thousands of years, now all of a sudden fags have taken over and now there's a jump in weirdos with birth defects.
>>
File: 1425752749818.jpg (193KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1425752749818.jpg
193KB, 1280x960px
>>7309005
>that black sea of char
>>
>>7308413
>order well done
>cut into it
>its fucking medium rare or something
>its not a big deal, but its not what I ordered
>say something, because, for instance, I wouldnt accept a chocolate ice cream cone when I ordered a vanilla or something
>entire restaurant staff shits their panties
give me a fucking break
>>
File: Stephen-Baldwin.jpg (86KB, 600x471px) Image search: [Google]
Stephen-Baldwin.jpg
86KB, 600x471px
>>7308413
People who like well done steaks have autism.

>I don't want it to be pink, I'll be reminded that it's meat from an animal and I have the mentality of a 4 year old

It's purely a visual thing, because the taste is ruined. You can expect them to ask for a1 or ketchup to dip it in like the hot dogs they're used to because it's dry and ruined.
>>
>>7309358
i always used to be put off by thinking its raw meat on the inside.

but by god, just close your eyes, let that delicious texture get in your mouth, i cant eat anything but rare steaks now
>>
>>7309005

A funeral?
>>
>>7309547
Dr. Frankenstein would be a better choice.
>>
>>7308700
My mom is the exact same way. She got after me after I scolded her for asking me to leave the fajitas on the grille longer than necessary.
>>
I used to eat either well done or medium well steaks with a1. Then again, I also used to be 8 years old.
>>
>>7309636
And that was 2 years ago.
Sorry, couldn't resist making that shitty joke.
>>
>>7309041
yep, next thing you'll tell me is that them scien-queers want us to eat mold when we're sick!
>>
>>7308621
my steak hasn't gotten it's period in a while.
Steak isn't on the pill
>organic
>>
>>7308899
It's not blood
>>
>>7309733
but there's only 1 red bodily fluid, and it sure isn't yellow bile.
>>
>>7309742
>what is myglobin
>>
>>7309755
I don't think you find the humors humorous.
>>
>>7309358
>>7308413

>eating literal raw meat
>wanting to get e. coli

N-no thanks.

>>7309325
^this anon gets it
>>
>>7308602
I think it's true anon. My mom is the only person who orders medium well and she always complains and sends food back, while the rest of the family orders rare and never bitches even if overcooked.

Also, people who order well done make the entire table have to wait much longer and they complain about the wait all the time, especially if a table next to them sat down after them but got their food first.

We don't do them in order, morons. If we did, some bills could take an hour.
>>
I order mine well done, but i dont bitch about shit if its not perfect.
Its mostly a texture thing i think.
that and years of "PINK MEAT WILL KILL U" drilled into my head as a kid by health and cooking teachers. i just cant shake the gagging
>>
>Complaining about having to do your job
>Demanding $15/hr
>Wondering why you'll be replaced with a machine
>>
>>7309839
>literally on a cooking board preferring sub-optimal cooking

I found one of the people that keep those Subway threads at 200+ posts
>>
>>7309884
god i hate subway how dare you.
>>
>itt butthurt cooks that are too lazy to actually cook the food
>>
When I was a kid, I would only eat my meat well done

I still think rare a shit, but I'm more in the medium/medium-well range now
>>
>>7308761
how do you know she gave up? and what kind of a bullshit is that?
>>
>>7309972
this. I didn't even like red meat, only fucking chicken breast. I love my steaks (medium-)rare now and almost never eat chicken breast because it's so bland and dry.
>>
>>7309763
You get that from the literal shit in ground beef not from cuts of muscle and fat, my autistic friend
>>
File: 4Wjl8.gif (29KB, 90x90px) Image search: [Google]
4Wjl8.gif
29KB, 90x90px
>>7310054
>cuts of *raw muscle and fat
ftfy
>what is hygiene

it's not:
>muh picky eater
>muh hypocrite cause my specific strawman also has cancerous eating habits in other aspects. See >>7308438

It's a matter of hygiene desu
>>
>>7310064
>hygeine

You realise if it hits 145F that it's cooked, right? It's purely because you have the mentality of a four year old and it looks icky to you.
>>
>>7310067
Oh, okay, I guess you know me better than I know myself, and are in charge of what I like and dislike. You want to give me the next winning lottery numbers too, champ? You're so all-knowing and all
>>
>>7310067
>hygeine
not that i disagree
>>
>>7310070
I know that any bacteria in a steak is dead at 145F and the meat is then safe to eat without ruining it and pouring ketchup on it. Why don't you just stick to hotdogs that mommy cuts up for you?
>>
>>7310073
You're trying to be a jew THROUGH me? Say that I can't enjoy my steak the way I enjoy my steak because you're poor and bitter? How about you worry a little less about what I do and a little more about what you do. Like wasting my fucking time.
>>
>>7310074
Keep buying your hotdog steaks. My family own a cattle ranch, more money in my pocket. Just don't be surprised when everyone makes fun of you for being a manchild.
>>
File: marshall mathers.gif (2MB, 294x233px) Image search: [Google]
marshall mathers.gif
2MB, 294x233px
>>7310077
>My family own a cattle ranch
>>
>>7310097
It's in southern Kansas

Don't forget your bib so you don't spill ketchup on your onesie ;^)
>>
File: YjG5Jvs.jpg (51KB, 563x601px) Image search: [Google]
YjG5Jvs.jpg
51KB, 563x601px
>>7310067
>flame hits the 5% outer layer
>95% of the subskin volume remains untouched by the heat
It's cooked!
>>
>>7310110
>flame
>heat

It's like you're four years old.

I take it you've never broiled or pan fried anything.
>>
>>7310077
>My family own a cattle ranch

Translation: Mom and dad have a milk cow.
>>
>>7310122
No, beef. And no, it's my grandparents and uncles. My dad became a veterinarian. They also grow wheat, sunflower, corn, and molasses depending on the year.
>>
>>7310116
Ok then.
Enlighten me as to how exactly those cooking methods somehow magically destroy the bacteria inside the meat when you STILL leave it in the pan or oven long enough to cook ONLY the outermost layer.
>>
>>7310132
By raising the heat to 145F. It's that simple. Do you not close your grill or cover your pan?
>>
>>7308583
>perceived
Anyone who likes well-done has shit taste. That's a fact.
>>
>>7310139
no don't you understand? only something directly touching heat gets hot, that's why you can wear latex gloves and put your hands over flame. the outside of the glove gets hot but the inside which isn't touching the flame stays nice and cool. how can something's temperature be raised unless it's directly exposed to heat?
>>
>>7310227
>that's why you can wear latex gloves and put your hands over flame. the outside of the glove gets hot but the inside which isn't touching the flame stays nice and cool.

Go do that. Put on a latex glove and hold your hand over the heat for 3 minutes per side. It's OK. The heat can't get inside.

>pretending to be a liberal on the internet
>pretending to be a nigger on the internet
>pretending to be a retard on the internet

For what purpose?
>>
>>7310227
You know, makes me wonder if that anon thinks turning their oven on just creates an inferno on the inside.
Just open the door with it still on and the house will burn down from all the fire or something.

Also meat thermometers. It's like they're not a thing. Nope, not a single way in the world to see if something is properly cooked. No, not a one.

Now blue rare on the other hand. Got to trust your meat to eat that (and I do).
>>
File: tumblr_inline_njswwdLkqG1r9ujyl.png (237KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_njswwdLkqG1r9ujyl.png
237KB, 500x370px
>blood is disgusting
>that thing is still mooing
>>
>>7310309
If it wasn't I wouldn't gain it's power. It's cow power.
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCc8IEvh70w
>>
>>7309013
That comes across as something from Canada.
>>
>>7310097
Believe it or not my family used to own a cattle ranch in upstate New York, there were two reasons it was dumped... gettting there from NYC took about 5 hours and none of the kids in the family really wanted to deal with it. Looking back on it I wished it had been kept but when you're 14 or so, a 5 hour trip upstate is a hassle.
>>
Hindsight is always 20/20.
>>
>>7308438
Yeah. I call them "safe eaters"
They're the kind of people who would rather not eat, than eat outside their comfort zone.
Friend of mind would always eat well done. One time we and a bunch of friends went to a restaurant and ordered a big sushi boat and he HAD to have all the non sushi rolls. Like the egg and rice and shit.
>>
>>7310050
I know that by having a child and my wife stopped eating red meat and didn't touch it since. Occam's razor do your thing!
>>
>>7308413
>People who order well done stakes 99.99999% are the most difficult customers that are most likely to needlessly run you like a horse, make up complains, want their meals comped/reduced, and tip like shit (amerift problem)

And what about the remaining 0.00001% who doesn't actually behave like an ass, but simply enjoys their steak well done? Are you going to give those people shit for simply wanting their steak that way? If you answer "Yes" to that, then you're a pretty big ass yourself.
>>
>he wastes his LIFE arguing over other people's tastes

And this is coming from someone who eats his steaks and pork chops medium.
>>
>>7310351
Doesn't matter. It's not the place of a waitor or the restaurant to give shit to anyone who's a paying customer.

How quickly they forget who's paying whom, trust me, after working the last thing I need is some arrogant waitor or "restrautuer" giving me shit if I want something well done.

I like my stuff medium rare, but if I wanted it well done, so the fuck what, it's simply not their business.
>>
>>7310351
I mean what if 1/100,000 nazis were actually good people. Those allies sure were cunts.
>>
>>7308700
Ay mijo ahora sí que puedes saborearla bien!!!
>>
>>7308438
I got an issue with this.

My dad is a close minded pussy when it comes to food. When we went to Europe, all he ordered was the most generic, American sounding food he could, it drove me up the wall.

He only eats his steaks blood red.
>>
>>7310330
I have a niece like that. If she is going out to eat she has to know everything in a specific dish, because the appearance of any one of a long list of common foods (including onions, beans, mushrooms and seafood of any kind) will ruin the meal for her.
>>
What's worse is if some arrogant shit waitor or waitress takes an attidude with a girlfriend. By being arrogant scumsuckers then they insult me and I have no problem walking out of the place leaving just a penny for a tip.

If I left nothing then they might I forgot it, with a penny, they get the message to not be scumbags.
>>
>>7310426
Good, maybe she has some taste and wont end up with niglets that you have to pay for.
>>
>>7310383
It technically is they're business.

Ya dip.
>>
>>7310426
It's interesting being an uncle. Sooner or later I'll be asked to be a godfather and I'll do it because reasons. That'll be real interesting.
>>
>and tip like shit
I agree with that part. The only friend I know who does that has coupons for everything and makes close to $100K. Cheapest fucker I know. Also will only eat California rolls because afraid of raw fish or smoked salmon.
>>
>>7310436
It's their business to get paid, and as a paying customer I don't want some little asshole with an attitude telling me what I should or shouldn't like. In the end their business is satisfied customers.
>>
>>7310440
You a molester?
>>
>>7310448
yeah all the time, chester the molester
The fuck?
>>
>>7310448
I wouldn't have been asked to be godfather to relatives if I was a molester type.
>>
>>7310431
If anything her kind of shit taste doesn't seem likely to serve her well.
>>
>>7310448
I would have been assassinated if so.
>>
I cooked once for my mum and her bf many years ago. Perfectlly done medium rare steaks. He sent it back and asked it to be reheated cause he feared some food poisioning or something. I think he microwaved it. Fuck he was autistic. Always freezing kitkats as well
>>
>>7310607
I grew up with a mother like that. My dad would cook the steaks, she would cut into hers first to check it and if hers and ours were pink she would immediately grab our plates and microwave it. She still eats well done steaks to this day. She'll probably die of dementia like my well done steak loving grandmother did.
>>
>>7310607
Hey fucker, don't you be dissing on frozen kitkats.
>>
>>7310633
its alright but fucking hell the amount he ate. Like every time it was a huge family block, every day, occassionally being a block of milk chocolate.
>>
File: 1448566487625.jpg (1006KB, 2808x3744px) Image search: [Google]
1448566487625.jpg
1006KB, 2808x3744px
>>
Did you know:

The steak was first invented and the main meal in the african nubian empire
>>
>>7310645
How the fuck do you invent a slab of meat?
>>
>>7310657
superb african technology
>>
>>7310657
Look, they don't have much. Just give them this one.
>>
>>7310227

I'm thinking this has to be a troll because there's no way there's someone in this world this dumb, but you do like your steak well-done...
>>
>>7310428
They just take it to social media with their sob story about how they tried their best that night but were overwhelmed with their own personal issues like a broken down car, a sick kid, a dying parent, etc. And before the end of the week they're rolling in tips from sympathetic readers.
>>
>>7310318

https://youtu.be/T3OT2JK2APg
>>
>>7308438
>People think they'll get sick from eating a medium rare steak but proceed to go ahead and drink a Coke a day and shove processed foods and sugars up their asses.
More for us, I guess.

I remember when the Mad Cow scare happened a couple years ago and the market was flooded with cheap beef because Americans were too stupid and afraid to eat it. Good times, I ate a lot of cow that year.
>>
You know having your steak well done is a black person thing, right?

Hating on welldoners is racist just like disliking hip hop is racist.
>>
>>7310350
Never heard of red meat being unhealthy for pregnant ladies and I went to med school. She just stopped liking it or what? I have a kid and I still eat red meat 2-3 times a week, but sometimes it's difficult because the little fucker only likes white meat.
>>
>>7308413
Really? if anything I'd hate them because they went to a fucking establishment whose livelyhood depends on their ability to make enjoyable food and then asked them to just give them a warm leather shoe instead. it's a bit insulting and it outs them as idiots.
>>
>>7310668
next to dirt cakes and getting all the wonderful ashy flavors from cooking those steak on the ground covering it with a nice layer of burnt wood...

wa la!
>>
I get mad about well done because it ruins the steak

Rare to medium rare is tender and safe. Yes, its a little red boohoo

Well done is basically the texture of shoe leather
>>
>>7310383
I'm pretty sure you and the guy you answered to are both arguing the same side.
>>
I only do Well Done when eating wild game meat out innawoods.
>>
>>7310714
Gordon Ramsay BTFO of "shoeleather" well done can't cooks.
>>
>>7311188
Correct
>>
>>7308438
>People think they'll get sick from eating a medium rare steak

I have 3 people in the medical field in my family (2 doctors and a nurse) and they're all terrified to eat anything less than well done because "You didn't see what I saw in the textbooks"
>>
File: Michael O'Hare (5).jpg (29KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
Michael O'Hare (5).jpg
29KB, 615x409px
>>7308413
Looks like fish 'n' chips to me...
>>
>>7311094
Maybe this is a urban legend, but nevertheless you can google it and it says avoid at all cost.

Yes, she just stopped liking it. I guess after month and month being told that red meat is bad it's burned in your mind.
>>
>>7308413
>don't do any of those things
>just don't enjoy the texture of a med-rare steak, have tried it about a dozen times with different cuts at different places
>never complain about people enjoying a med-rare steak but people always complain about my preferences
>you're wasting your life trying to have intellectual discussions about why people prefer foods prepared different ways
i think well done has a better texture, and the flavor seems to be magnified because there's slightly less water in it. i also don't like soup but will eat a stew with no problem. any food that is too wet kind of makes me feel nauseous. a well done steak with sauce made from the drippings is good. i prefer braised fatty meats though.
>>
File: night-sky-stars.jpg (3MB, 4256x2832px) Image search: [Google]
night-sky-stars.jpg
3MB, 4256x2832px
Test
>>
>>7311244
humans are on the egde of extinction, right? because of medium steaks
>>
>>7308535
In all fairness most restaurants use meat that is slightly out of code for well donners.
>>
>>7308522
Noice dubs boy
>>
>>7309358
It's not just about taste or looks, it also has to do with the texture. My girlfriend likes well done because it's less chewy. I like mine medium rare and after trying a rare steak I get what she means.
>>
>>7308700
I fucking hate my moms carne assada :/
>>
>>7310227
obvious sarcasm in support of the replied-to post, let's see how it went down at autism anonymous.

>>7310303
agrees, gets it

>>7310294
stupid on one side of the argument

>>7310669
stupid on the other side of the argument

batting .33, not bad, /ck/
>>
>>7311624

>huuuuurrrr I was only pretending to be retarded

Good for you, you baited some people on the internet. Does that make your day? Are you satisifed with your life?
>>
>>7311651
Nah, was pretty obvious sarcasm. Yeah yeah text doesn't convey that well. Which was why it was so over the top. So normal people could understand the intent.
>>
>>7311675

It was pretty obvious, but the first poster (the one who straight out asked how something that does not have direct contact with a heat source could be cooked) was pretty fucking stupid.

And sadly I've seen this level of idiocy countless times, both on /ck/ and the real world.
>>
Guys the thing is, most average restaurants have meat quality which at best is questionable.
Sure if I went to an upscale restaurant I'd be more inclined to try medium rare but at an average restaurant no way. This is coming from an eurofag.
>>
What if I like medium well?
>>
All well done steak tastes the same so there's no point ordering a premium steak well done.
>>
File: fgxhgrd.jpg (163KB, 1285x928px) Image search: [Google]
fgxhgrd.jpg
163KB, 1285x928px
>>
File: 1448598704760.jpg (16KB, 261x173px) Image search: [Google]
1448598704760.jpg
16KB, 261x173px
>>7309010
>>
I'm know I'm going to be reamed for this but... You're implying that all steaks are equal.

There is such a thing... As shit steak. I know... I know... With shit steak you go ahead and tenderize that fucker and batter it and give it a proper burial in a deep fryer... But to some of us masochistic few, we enjoy a rare treat known as diner steak.

Diner steak is something you consider sometimes. You sit in IHOP or Denny's or whatever eggs and hash slinging, blue plate having purveyor of hangover food you frequent, and you see steak and eggs on the menu. You consider it briefly, but then dismiss it as something immediately, who would order steak at a goddamned Denny's?

I do. And I can say that Denny's beats out IHOP fair and square, but I generally prefer my local Jim's up the road. Mainly because they know me, know that I'm generally sober, and always leave a 20% tip, rounded up.

The glory of diner steak is that you can treat it like a left handed Thai child prostitute that's about to turn 19; because not even Subway would want that.
>>
>>7308413
I like well done steaks (fully cooked) and I don't do this. I actually have never had a steak though so you might not take what I say into consideration.
>>
File: advance me bro.jpg (218KB, 500x657px) Image search: [Google]
advance me bro.jpg
218KB, 500x657px
>>7310445
>In the end their business is satisfied customers
Maybe they don't want customers like you. I wouldn't. go die in a fire plz.
>>
why do well done niggers even eat steak in the first place? go for fish or chicken if you hate steak so much.
>>
>>7312440
>i like well done steaks
>i've never had a steak

what philosophy oroboros bullshit is this?
>>
>>7312440
Really? Because according to germ theory, every chef, and the bizarre mystical devices known as meat thermometers, medium rare, or rare (borderline so definitions can vary) is fully cooked.
>>
>>7312591
Fair enough, that's why I wont patronize those places.
>>
>>7311544
Underated post.
When I'm portioning strips to 10oz or a pismo to 6 oz, occasionally I miss the mark.
A 9 oz strip or a 5 oz filet get labeled for use as medium well or higher.

Its gonna shrink so much anyway, and its gonna looks smaller compared to the guy sitting next to them with a medium rare, even if they weighed the same precooked.
>>
I can't stand the texture of red meat.
Pink > Brown > Red
So yeah, medium it is for me.
I rarely get the perfect medium when I order one though.
>>
>>7312702
>>7312893
XD
>>
>>7308413
>"I'd like my steak well done"
>15 minutes later
>"This meat is too tough, I want to speak to the manager"
>Once a week, like fucking clockwork
>>
>>7308438
This. When I was a picky kid I would only eat ell done steak. I though vegetables or rare meat was disgusting. Now I only have steak medium rare, and eat vegetables (except broccoli, still need to get myself to like it)
>>
>>7309325
Stop being this pleb, jotaro.
>>
I like my tendies fried the way I ordered them, dammit. I don't spend my hard earned GBP lightly.
>>
fucking hate this. they want ash, go to the crematorium.

best well donner ever " i dont care if you have to cut that bitch up, no blood. do not even care". chef obliges.

my biggest gripe about well-donners is that they dont understand the timeframe it takes to incinerate the steak, in say, a small kitchen.

youve got five, six , seven large checks on and there's only two of you and amongst all the straightforward, time flowing dishes, someone wants a smoking fossil.
just holds up the flow, fucks us, crashes the kitchen and we spend the whole night apolagising about the wait because johhny fuckface has a boner for dinosaur remains.
>>
>>7315979
Well done does not mean burnt you fucking shithead. I prefer my steak medium rare and I've tried everything but blue, and I can say that well done steak can be decent and not dry if done right. I agree about it being a bit of a waste of a good steak, but you're getting paid to cook and you're not going to do it right? Why would you work as a cook if you don't actually like cooking? Might as well work at a fucking McDonalds.
>>
>>7311518
Hey man, you've just gone and intellectualized the character of yourself and people like yourself who share your taste. Join the party.
>>
>>7308899
Pretty much this. Then again, I don't like steak that much anyway.
>>
the thing with a slab of beef is that cooking it rare or medium rare will kill almost all of the germs on it because it's just the external surface area all of that is resting on. in ground beef that gets all mixed up inside of the meat itself but the people who obsessively order well done steaks don't seem to be going around doing the same with hamburgers and sticking meat thermometers in their burritos
>>
everyone knows a good steak is to be eaten medium. rare is disgusting and well is for idiots who want to ruin a good piece of meat. it has to be cooked long enough for he juices to get flow in and still taste cooked but not over cooked hence medium.
>>
>>7316216
medium rare or the top end of rare still kills 100% of the internal because the internal heat should still reach high enough to do so.
What the fuck is with damn near nobody in this thread fucking knowing this?

145 degrees american sits right on the edge between rare and medium rare.
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 600x400px
>>7308438
>Caring about raw meat this much
>>
>>7310053
>It's so bland and dry

You're overcooking it. Breast is the best part of the chicken when it's cooked the right way. It's moist without being greasy, and the flavor is really sublime.

The problem is that there's about two minutes between underdone and overcooked, so it's really hard to get it perfect.
>>
Most of the steak taste, or any read meat, comes from certain cells in the blood. It is possible to find it in certain flowers in extremely small quantities, but now it's possible to eat a juicy vegan steak without having to eat meat.

On the other side, cooking it too much just burn the cell to the point the meat becomes a stale rubbery mess.
>>
>>7308583
It's not a perceived notion, its incorrect. A good steak is meant to be enjoyed rare to medium. A professional chef should know this and also know how to prepare it well and safely.

Its like asking for a peanut butter and saurkraut sandwich instead of a PBJ. Yeah you can do it, and yeah you can eat it, but why the fuck would you? It doesn't taste right. Same with the well done steak.
>>
>>7311244
ask them if they've ever seen any of it OUTSIDE of their textbooks
>>
I have a question for people who only eat their meat well done: do you also refuse to eat sushi? If not, why do you consider fish to be different?
>>
>>7318763
This may come as a shock to you, but, fish isn't beef.
>>
>>7318776
Thats what youre going with? Whats the difference you fucking retard? Why is raw beef bad but raw fish isnt? Its both raw 'meat'
>MUH FISH ISNT ANIMAL MEAT LMAO

Chicken I can understand, but why would you consider beef and fish to be different in that regard?
>>
>>7312105
If you do that just go all in and get a chicken fried steak.
>>
>>7313599
A proper medium rare steak is just a ton of pink.
>>
>>7318789
Because they taste different
>>
Sometimes I go rare, others medium, sometimes blue sometimes well-done.

I like all types of steaks Tbh
>>
>>7311539
You stupid
>>
File: well done.jpg (129KB, 571x675px) Image search: [Google]
well done.jpg
129KB, 571x675px
>be shit cook
>can't do well done without fucking up
>customer rightfully complains
>WAAAAAAH WELL DONE FAGS ALWAYS COMPLAIN

learn how to cook or fuck off
>>
>>7316311
145 is between medium and medium well.
>>
>>7308438
I prefer well-done, not because I'm afraid of my food or because I'm an asshole who'll bitch at the staff, his meals or whatever other bizarre scenario you can come up with.

I simply like it that way, just like you prefer medium, blue or still breathing. I don't know why you would make such a big deal out of other peoples tastes.
>>
>>7321098
I think most people are just asshats about this and have a superiority complex because they order medium or rare.

I've had decent cuts of meat cooked as well done and not once we're they chewy or tasted bad. It's just a stupid rl meme that is infecting almost everybody who deems themselves a cook and it keeps spreading into other pieces of meat, fish etc.
>>
>>7321111
https://www.heb.com/recipe/recipe-article/grill-times-temperatures-for-steak/1392677044707
https://www.certifiedangusbeef.com/kitchen/doneness.php
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/articles/meat-and-poultry-temperature-guide.html

Opinions seem to vary rather greatly. But only the food network supports your temp.
>>
>>7321149
>rl meme
You know meme has been a word significantly longer than the internet right?
>>
File: aright.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
aright.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>7311406
I GET IT
>>
Have you ever wondered why steaks have a system categorizing how they're cooked?

If medium-rare is the only way to cook a steak, why is it not just called cooked, and anything below that, undercooked, and anything beyond, overcooked? Like every other food ever?

The whole point is so that guests can get easily get their steak how they like. The whole taxonomy is in place solely for you to shut the fuck up and give people what they want. No one outside your medium-rare circlejerk gives a shit about your meat idol worship. They're either in a restaurant and entitled to get what they're paying for, or a guest to whom a good host should show hospitality.

You're the worst, most grating food culture, literally worse than vegans. If you're going to get autistic about someone asking you to cook their steak well done, don't serve steaks. If you're going to cringe whenever someone around you orders their steak well done, do them a favor and don't let them spend another minute of their life having a relationship with a faggot like you.
>>
>>7308413
Op is right
Every time I've seen someone order a well done steak they 1st say "Ohhh I absolutely love steak, it's my favorite!"
As a chef every ticket thays come in for a well done steak has been at the end of the night as we're cleaning up & it's like 30min to coom the fucker
>>
File: 20160129_195601.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160129_195601.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
How could you say no to this? Pic related is what I'm eating right now. We'll done is ruining a steak.
>>
>>7322327
How are you eating that when all the juices are at the bottom of the plate.
>>
>>7309862
This. Shut up and serve me my food, you're there to be a damn servant anyway. Besides, your jobs will be done by machines soon anyway.
>>
>>7313625
God I hate that. I have no issue with people ordering steak how they like it, but the people who want their steak well done and then complain that it's tough bug me.
>>
I've never been a cook but I've known a few good ones (aka not at your local Sizzler). Apparently the issue is that they spend quite a bit of effort to get good cuts with proper marbling or whatever, gotta play the market or something in order to get meat that is factually superior to the "average" shit.

So if they have some of that on hand, they don't want to ruin it on a well-done steak, because none of the qualities of that cut comes through when it's been well-done anyways. When it's been cooked that far, it might as well be indistinguishable from any other kind of well-done cut. I dunno how much exaggeration there is there, but apparently a medium rare steak will show a much bigger difference between a quality cut and a trash cut, so they want to save the good cuts for people who want their meat cooked in a way that its quality can actually be appreciated, and a well-done steak is a well-done steak so just use the bottom-tier crap for that.
>>
>>7321135
If you go to a steakhouse and pay for a well done steak you are wasting your money. When you cook it that much you remove all the qualities that make it a 20 dollar cut of meat as opposed to a 3 dollar cut for example.
>>
>>7323148
>When you cook it that much you remove all the qualities that make it a 20 dollar cut of meat as opposed to a 3 dollar cut for example.
Pretty much, unless the cook actually gives a fuck about cooking well done properly. Few do because very few people who order steaks well done can tell the difference between a nice piece of meat and a shitty one. So for the most part it doesn't matter.
>>
>>7323148
not true, btw
>>
>>7323209
It's pretty true. 95% of people wouldn't be able to tell they were eating a Wagyu steak if it was cooked well done. The distinctive marbling would be destroyed.
>>
>>7323148
>if you eat food the way you like and not the way i like you're wasting money
it's pretty easy to tell the difference between high and low quality steak, even if it's well done
>>
>>7323246
Your mother has a wooden leg with a kick-stand motherfucker
>>
>>7308413
combination of a few factors

1. they personally dislike steak done that way "stop liking what I don't like"
2. they are sick of people who are scared thinking their food came from an animal
3. they consider the fear of raw food an insult to their food prep hygine
4. there is a cultural stigma attached to all cooked meat, because since the dawn of time if meat was of lower quality or old; you just cooked it longer.
hence people started saying that high quality meat should be served pink
5. chefs are the worst food snobs around
>>
>2016
>eating raw steak

Raw meat is for savages. Enjoy your salmonella.
>>
>>7308413
Had a table of six Asians come in tonight. They all ordered steak, there minutes to close... All six orders... well done. I put the chit up on my wall of shame.

>CATCHA: select all food.
>>
>>7308413
>Work at Chipotle
>All of our steak is cooked (or should be cooked, looking at you shit grill workers) M-Rare
>Even our menus say that right next to the steak
>Like, we cook a whole bunch of steak to put on the line, everyone gets the same steak
>So having to cook it differently is actually a huge inconvinience, it would require us to put less than a full piece of steak on for just one customer, and we would have to waste a dish on transfering it from the table to the line
>In both locations I have worked, 2 people have done this, one did it twice
>They were both black men
>tfw you have no images on your computer
>>
>>7323655
Go back to your chicken nuggets containing only 10% of meat and let real people enjoy real healthy life manlet.
>>
>>7323677

Start them on the grill finish them in the microwave, proceed with the kitchen clean up and leave early...
Thread posts: 200
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.