[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>see something new in the store >never tried this before

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: 2016-01-25 17.18.30.jpg (1MB, 1885x1060px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-25 17.18.30.jpg
1MB, 1885x1060px
>see something new in the store
>never tried this before
>the price is right
>looks like I'm making fish tacos tonight
>about to start cooking
>find this little guy walking around
>there are even more under the filet

I just returned it and told them to check their product
but how fucked would I be if they actually got inside me alive?
>>
>>7307968
I don't have an answer, but that's fucking terrifying.
>>
File: Monkfish-on-ice-009.jpg (36KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
Monkfish-on-ice-009.jpg
36KB, 460x276px
fucking gross
>>
>>7307968
never ever ever ever ever buy seasoned store packaged meat.. they season it to hide something
>>
Don't know if earthworm or parasite but it's grounds for a lawsuit.
>>
They die if you cook them thoroughly but then the meat won't necessarily be tasty. It's a relatively common problem with monkfish.
>>
>>7308004
found the american
>>
>>7307968
Considering you're eating pic related, I'd say you should've expected it. Anyways, I bet it wouldn't have mattered. Your stomach acid would likely kill whatever it was, if the cooking didn't.
>>
File: monkfish.jpg (134KB, 1200x945px) Image search: [Google]
monkfish.jpg
134KB, 1200x945px
>>7308012
Forgot pic, but someone above posted it anyways. Whatever.
>>
>>7307968
That just shows you the fish has had a all natural life senpai.
>>
>itt cucks crying about extra free protein
>>
File: 1409789874667.gif (352KB, 499x289px) Image search: [Google]
1409789874667.gif
352KB, 499x289px
>>7307968
>mfw

>>7308009
OP is an American too you troglodyte
>>
>>7307968
holy shit they could have sold that for 4 more days? gross nigga
>>
>>7307968
Were the cutlets cooked or raw? If they were raw cooking would have killed the worm, and you probably have eaten it and never noticed doing so. If they were cooked there is a serious problem at that fish counter, because there's no way a live worm should be anywhere near cooked fish.
>>
>>7308009
You're right. They tried to poison that anon. He deserves some compensation. Who the fuck serves somebody food with worms in it?
>>
"I called the local health department. And I learned that, unless fish is sushi or sashimi grade, it is normal for it to sometimes have small worms or other nasties. Had I cooked the whole filet instead of cutting it up for stir fry, they would have shriveled up too small to see in the cooking process and I wouldn't have even known they were there.
"

what the fuck
>>
>>7308037
>>7308009
>>7308004

You can't just sue people for any random shit you like. He didn't suffer any harm. What would he sue for?
>>
>>7308030
He said there were multiple worms underneath the fish. There shouldn't be a damn thing in there moving if the fish was kept at a cold enough temp.
>>
>>7308045
This is true with many wild caught fish. That's why you don't make ceviche out of cod, ling or other fish where worms are common. Worms don't matter much in cooked fish, though I usually hold wild caught fillets up to a light bulb so I can see if any are there and remove them if the fish is a type where worms are common.
>>
>>7308050
Assault with a deadly worm.
>>
>>7308050
>What would he sue for?
Emotional distress. OP has triggers.
>>
File: nightmare.jpg (120KB, 1659x820px) Image search: [Google]
nightmare.jpg
120KB, 1659x820px
>>7308080
In most jurisdictions, the rule is that to get compensation for emotional distress, you need to have first suffered a physical harm or been proximate to some physical harm suffered by a close relative (like if you watch your son get crushed in an elevator shaft or something, you could sue the elevator company for emotional distress).

OP's only option is to tweet @KingKullen and try to harass them into giving him some free monkfish or something.
>>
>>7308092
I already got a refund :/
did I blow it?

I assume they tried to jump ship because the spice rub was irritating them or something
>>
>>7308095
You probably should have kept the fish a few more days and let the worms develop more for maximum tweet effect. At least you got the $4.99 back. They didn't even give you some coupons or something?
>>
>>7308045
Fish have worms anon, they are a huge vector for many parasites who either infest the fish directly/indirectly or accidentally.

Again, this isn't a problem so long as you actually cook the fish thoroughly. Same thing with most meats.
>>
>>7308077
kek'd and check'd
>>
>>7307968
Was it moving? Grats! your fish was fresh!
Was it still? Previously frozen to kill worms.
Parasites abound in fish. It happens all the time.
Freezing or cooking fish completely kills them and makes it safe to eat.
Ya'll never worked food industry, I see.
Enjoy your sushi.

>>7308051
You should say if the fish was frozen for X amount of time at Y degrees. Worms aren't mammals.
>>
>>7308179
but I Wouldn't have cooked my fish quite all the way through
so its a good thing I noticed them
>>
>>7308235
If you don't like your fish cooked all the way through and you don't buy frozen best to learn which fish commonly have worms and how to looks for them. Picking them out is easy, and uif that's the price you pay for fresh fish it's not terrible.
>>
hypothetically if you were to take the worm and put it on your dick, and let it crawl in your peehole. Would it just wriggle around and eventually die or would it borough in and do damage? strictly academic question of course
>>
>>7309158
These worms wouldn't burrow, but there's a risk of it wriggling up too far before it died. You wouldn't want it to reach your bladder.

Maggots could burrow.
>>
My dad worked in a fish store most of his life and he told me that lots of fish had little worms in them, they just die when you cook them. He never eats sushi (though that could be because his dad was stationed in Japan). Never saw them though, have to admit that's pretty gross.
>>
>>7309215
Fish usually do have parasites, but they're not in the flesh, usually they hang onto the skin, gills, or maybe inside the fish's digestive system.
>>
There are actually a certain number of worms allowed to be in a package (I think 2?) by the FDA. That said, if I saw more than any, i'd probably be absolutely revolted
>>
>>7307968
>eating monk fish

Anon, just how poor are you? How do you afford your internet bill?
>>
>>7308050
Found the eurocuck
>>
I've found a cricket in a permade salad once
>>
>>7308050
Negligence leading to emotional distress. OP deserves nothing less than direct compensation for the purchased product, plus compensation for the emotional and mental distress, plus court costs and attorney fees.
>>
>>7308095
Tweet at them anyway with the photo; see what comes of it
>>
>>7309519
this is ridiculous. there's no mental distress
>>
>>7309519
well I mean, maybe at the very least some free, non-worm infested fish since I did have to waste my time making the return and alerting them to get their shit together
>>7309485
I have heard good things. am I being trolled by monk fish lobbyists?
>>
>>7307968
To be honest sibling, you could have any range from no symptoms for years to fatigue, chronic nausea, and diarrhea. Different people react different ways to the same parasite
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.