[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Due to my red meat allergy I am limited in what I can use in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (17KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 450x450px
Due to my red meat allergy I am limited in what I can use in my smoker. What are some good smoked poultry recipes that yall like?
>>
>>7307695
>>7307695
Salmon
>>
>>7307709
Any expansion upon that good sir?
>>
>>7307756
>>7307756
No
>>
>>7307695
put a fucking bird on it and smoke it until it's done.
>>
>>7307768
>>7307794
You people are literally useless
>>
goose and duck are supposed to be good when smoked
>>
>>7307695
>red meat allergy
Stop making up bullshit excuses for your picky eating habits and eat some good beef, kiddo. You'll thank me later.
>>
File: smoked chicken1.jpg (420KB, 1209x908px) Image search: [Google]
smoked chicken1.jpg
420KB, 1209x908px
>>7307794
Pretty much this.

>>7307861
What exactly do you expect from a smoker? You season it, put it on the smoker at a high heat, wait until it's done. I think it usually takes about 4 hours for mine, but it can differ based on heat.

pic related, bird with a pretty basic seasoning on it, smoked last year
>>
>>7308034
>herpes chicken
>>
>>7307695
lol?
>>
>>7307695

Smoking is best for pork and beef. Poultry just isn't in the same league, you know, there's no real benefit in smoking poultry.
>>
File: smoked butt5.jpg (432KB, 1211x908px) Image search: [Google]
smoked butt5.jpg
432KB, 1211x908px
>>7308034
Also, pork is the other white meat right? Can you eat pork?
>>
File: smoked butt6.jpg (403KB, 1213x910px) Image search: [Google]
smoked butt6.jpg
403KB, 1213x910px
>>7308043
>>
>>7307955
>Hemochromatosis isn't real
>Kidney disease isn't real
>Lyme disease isn't real
>All other food deprives you of red meat
>All other food is suicide
>>
>>7308066
>these things that have nothing to do with allergies prove that an allergic reaction is not a ridiculous concern
>>
>>7308043
mm cancer
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P4Suods2Ys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qqW83au2Gc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63Tz0gUXR3w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCjwYjJX4Kc
>>
>>7307695
Pork Butt
You don't need red meat. Although brisket is top tier.
>>
>>7307695
Turkey smokes very well. Turkey legs taste great and you get to feel like a caveman or Norse warrior eating them.

Brine them first.
>>
File: n.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
n.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>7308041
>Poultry just isn't in the same league, you know, there's no real benefit in smoking poultry.
>>
>>7307695
Smoked cock
>>
Yard bird and turkey are both criminally delicious when smoked.

Try this OP.

Take one whole chicken, and spatchcock that bitch. Make, and apply the following rub........

Rub: 1 tbs sea salt, 2 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp cayenne, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp brown sugar, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, 1/2 tsp allspice, 1/4 tsp cinamon

Make enough to rub on the entire bird, coat that bitch in a little olive oil to bind it, and put that rub all over that fucking chicken. Cover that bitch, top to bottom. Then wrap that fucker up, and cram it in the fridge for an overnight stay.

Next day, pull that chicken out, prepare an injection, and inject the breasts, thighs, and drumsticks.

Injection: 1 cup of apple juice, 1 tbs of rub

After you inject that bitch, apply another coat of rub, and slap it on the smoker using mesquite or hickory wood, between 275 and 300 until the thigh is 175 and the breast is 165. Pull it, allow it to rest, and then thank me for some awesome yardbird.
>>
>>7307955
You can suck my cock because there is nothing I love more than a goddamn steak but since it causes me to go into anaphylactic shock I can no longer enjoy the delicious taste of a medium steak, pulled pork bbq, or bacon cheese burger. Fuck you and your "picky eater" bullshit
>>
>>7309520
Looked it up, and your right, the allergy exists. Did you get bit by the lone star tick?

I'd be so fucking pissed for a while if I couldn't eat red meat permanently because some fuckhead diseased ticked decided to bite me.

I'm sorry, OP. Maybe you can smoke fish somehow...? I don't know the methods behind it.
>>
>>7308419
If OP is telling the truth, the allergy exists and it makes them allergic to any meat that comes from mammals. Poultry, fish, and reptile are fine.
>>
>>7309534
It's all good man. I didn't mean to be that rude. I just hate that I can't eat red meat anymore and it fucking sucks. As far as I can remember I haven't been bitten by the lonestar tick that's the weird thing. When it comes to fish I'm iffy about smoking it. I'm worried that it might not get properly
>>
>>7309554
Have you gotten a consult from an allergist? They help.
>>
>>7310483
That's how I found out I had it. I had been having stomach issues for years then it escalated to my throat starting to swell up, so I got the allergy test done
>>
>>7307695
How are with pork?
>>
Trout and salmon are amazing in a smoker. Hard cheeses are good to if you cold smoke or do a breadcheese.
I can't eat red meat either. Got bit by a lone star tick.
>>
I absolutely love smoked fish, and it smells fantastic aswell
>>
File: Cavegirl_onemillionyears110949.jpg (545KB, 881x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cavegirl_onemillionyears110949.jpg
545KB, 881x1200px
>>7307695
> red meat allergy

Back in the Good Old Days, those with genetic defects would be quickly eliminated from the gene pool before they could breed, either being eaten by a saber-toothed tiger or abandoned in the woods as the gods intended and Humanity was better for it.

Civilization was a mistakeā€¦
>>
>>7307695
My favorite way to smoke chicken or turkey is to spatchcock it. You just get a nice, even smoke, and it takes a little less time.
Smoked salmon is great too, as is smoked trout, and other oily fish. I do my fish on either a cedar or alder plank (if it's a small enough piece) or on a pizza screen (see pic).
Duck smokes very nicely as well, but you'd better have a drip pan, and it takes a little extra prep.
>>
File: pizza screen.jpg (15KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
pizza screen.jpg
15KB, 300x225px
>>7310989
forgot pic.
>>
>>7307695
Smoked eels are a delicacy ;)
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.